NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 05, 2024 - 10:24 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Interception! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 09, 2011 - 04:30 PM

Canada
Blame Canada isn't a bad idea..."Dan's Mom's crew doesn't work without Dan being present nor does it represent any of us since Eric and Spazz aren't there either Razz As for League names well...There is one in TO, one in MTL, and one about to begin in Ottawa but no one that we all play in. Many of the same group participate in each others tournies throughout the year though. I was thinking of something relating to every other contries perception of us living in Igloos with the eskimos and such, however most of them are pretty corny which isn't what I want.

If we did the whole mohawk idea with some team canada jerseys or something we could do "Freaks of Nature", Tundra Hawks, Frigid Canucks, tons of ideas for names just need others input as well to come to a consensus decision.

Reply with quote Back to top
jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 09, 2011 - 04:41 PM

Canada
Another thing I was thinking if it is possible to co-ordinate, is having the 2 teams from Canada plan to stay in the same Hotel, Boat House...whatever we decide upon so we can get some team comraderie happening during the event. Since many of us don't know each other would be good for our own NA events as well and will only broaden our BB communities ties accross the country. Would be good for us to have a Raukus bunch to let these Europeans know there not the only Bloodbowlers out there worthy of recognition either Mr. Green Bring ur Gamefaces gents and lets get ready to put on a show and whoop some candy as*es!!!

runki_khrumOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 09, 2011 - 06:01 PM

Canada
The Shaved Beavers! Maybe not. We all play in two " major" tourneys every year so Capitol City Kickers or Deathbowlers would be okay with me.

Rats gone wild! (.)(.)

ChewblockaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 09, 2011 - 09:01 PM

Undisclosed
I propose CBC: Canadian BloodBowl Collective. Then we could have a team shirt like in one of the links:
http://www.cbcshop.ca/CBC/shopping/SearchResultInCategory.aspx?CatalogName=CBCBase&CategoryName=apparel_jerseys&SearchAction=0&lang=en-CA

or

http://www.cbcshop.ca/CBC/shopping/product.aspx?Product_ID=CPGEN00204&Variant_ID=70SBLKS&lang=en-CA

Just a thought.

generaljasonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 09, 2011 - 11:13 PM

British Columbia, Canada
      jrock56 wrote:
Another thing I was thinking if it is possible to co-ordinate, is having the 2 teams from Canada plan to stay in the same Hotel, Boat House...whatever we decide upon so we can get some team comraderie happening during the event. Since many of us don't know each other would be good for our own NA events as well and will only broaden our BB communities ties accross the country. Would be good for us to have a Raukus bunch to let these Europeans know there not the only Bloodbowlers out there worthy of recognition either Mr. Green Bring ur Gamefaces gents and lets get ready to put on a show and whoop some candy as*es!!!

Unfortunately I'm one of the few in my league who surf all the Blood Bowl sites - well, mostly my own, this one and TFF, so I doubt most of them will read this, but I will bring it up with the crew. We are just in the preliminary stages of setting everything up so this would be as good a time as any to bring this up. I still have to pay for our tickets. Embarassed

But yeah I'd love to set this up and finally match the pseudos online to the actual faces. Having the opportunity to party with our blood brothers from the East and finally meeting that crew is going to be great. Looking forward to it. Joe has my email but in case you don't it's thunder-bowl@hotmail.com.

Zap_Rowsdower wrote:
I propose CBC: Canadian BloodBowl Collective.

I like the acronym CBC, and the obvious logo joke. Even "Canadian" and Bloodbowl" are fine, but "Collective" sounds a little too commie. Wink

TaxalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 10, 2011 - 01:29 PM

Canada
      Quote:

..."Dan's Mom's crew

Wish I was going now....lol

generaljasonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 10, 2011 - 04:53 PM

British Columbia, Canada
      jrock56 wrote:
Bring ur Gamefaces gents and lets get ready to put on a show and whoop some candy as*es!!!

Oh yeah how's this for a Game Face!:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=coachinfo&coach=15505

jrock56 wrote:
As for League names well...There is one in TO, one in MTL, and one about to begin in Ottawa but no one that we all play in. Many of the same group participate in each others tournies throughout the year though. I was thinking of something relating to every other contries perception of us living in Igloos with the eskimos and such, however most of them are pretty corny which isn't what I want.

If we did the whole mohawk idea with some team canada jerseys or something we could do "Freaks of Nature", Tundra Hawks, Frigid Canucks, tons of ideas for names just need others input as well to come to a consensus decision.

Torontosaurus.

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 10, 2011 - 07:27 PM

Canada
      Taxal wrote:
      Quote:

..."Dan's Mom's crew

Wish I was going now....lol

Too bad then we could call ourselves RUN DMC (Dan's Moms Crew) Razz

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 10, 2011 - 07:33 PM

Canada
      generaljason wrote:

Torontosaurus.

Hope u don't take offence as the picture would have had a much better effect had twilight not come out so recently Razz That is of course unless you were bringing Vamps. As for Torontosaurus...well seeing as none of us are from the TO area that are attending doubt that would work.

generaljasonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 10, 2011 - 08:35 PM

British Columbia, Canada
Twilight!? It's Kiefer from Lost Boys man. Wink

No T.O. players eh - that's okay because the Leafs have been sucking lately anyway. Laughing Quermitt's Killers. Niagara Brawlers. Hammerton Ti-Cats?

Okay I'm done. Razz

But let us know what you find as far as accommodations are concerned over there and I'll pass it on to the boys over here.

Looking forward to meeting you Adam and the rest of the eastern boys really soon.

Craig.

LizardcoreOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 10, 2011 - 09:36 PM

pretty much all Europeans are renting houseboats, you can accommodate a team and it's gonna be way cheaper than hotel.

try not to finish last Very Happy (well, you should at least beat the Americans pretty easily ! )

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 11, 2011 - 12:36 AM

Canada
      generaljason wrote:
Twilight!? It's Kiefer from Lost Boys man. Wink

No T.O. players eh - that's okay because the Leafs have been sucking lately anyway. Laughing Quermitt's Killers. Niagara Brawlers. Hammerton Ti-Cats?

Okay I'm done. Razz

But let us know what you find as far as accommodations are concerned over there and I'll pass it on to the boys over here.

Looking forward to meeting you Adam and the rest of the eastern boys really soon.

Craig.

Hey Craig,

Was bustin' ballz is all Razz Knew you'd probably react like that at any mention of Twilight. Oh, and the Leafs haven't just been sucking lately it's been going on for the last 40+ years!!! (there fans just live there lives in denial is all) Will let you know what we all decide upon for sure as far as accommodations. Likewise as far as meeting you Western folk Wink Should be good times man,

Adam.

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 11, 2011 - 12:42 AM

Canada
      Lizardcore wrote:
pretty much all Europeans are renting houseboats, you can accommodate a team and it's gonna be way cheaper than hotel.

try not to finish last Very Happy (well, you should at least beat the Americans pretty easily ! )

Sounds like a better idea for sure, how do you go about booking them in advance though?

Last!!! are you serious Lizardcore... Rolling Eyes I've got an as* whoopin' all lined up just for you my friend. The Gnome being Nuffle's assistant shall curse you and your dice for making such remarks...you will learn soon enough! Razz

generaljasonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 11, 2011 - 01:27 PM

British Columbia, Canada
      jrock56 wrote:

Hey Craig,

Was bustin' ballz is all Razz Knew you'd probably react like that at any mention of Twilight. Oh, and the Leafs haven't just been sucking lately it's been going on for the last 40+ years!!! (there fans just live there lives in denial is all) Will let you know what we all decide upon for sure as far as accommodations. Likewise as far as meeting you Western folk Wink Should be good times man,

Adam.

Oh I understand - I went through a whole Halloween party explaining that, and then of course I went through the next 2-3 months with bleach blonde hair - going from goth to boy band over night. Still a fun costume though.

Agree about the Leafs, but I never know what Leafs superfan I might be talking to on the other end so I didn't want to burn them too much. Wink

Jerseys are already in the works. One of our design guys in the club is on the job, and my Local is going to sponsor our shirts so it's going to be pretty sweet. We can obviously afford jerseys, but getting some sponsorship makes it more a proper team jersey eh? Looking forward to seeing them.

I'll get the guys to explore all options - including houseboats and let you know.

runki_khrumOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 13, 2011 - 05:48 PM

Canada
Booked our flight KLM outta Montreal Nov 16th arrive 17th am. Fly back the 23rd, leaves a few days for the sights after the Tourney.

Rats gone wild! (.)(.)

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic