NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 06, 2024 - 12:24 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Count Luthor likes your blood type. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 26, 2011 - 11:18 AM

Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:
....2) There is going to be a format in place to encourage more diversity in the races being played. East and West coaches will count the number of different races that they are playing. If one side has a greater number of races being represented, then each coach on that team (East or West) will get +1 FAME for the entire tournament. Should one team (East or West) have double the number of races being respresented then every coach on that team (East or West) will get +2 FAME for the tournament. These FAME bonuses will be in addition to any FAME earned through the Fan Factor roll at the beginning of the game.
.[/i]

Very interesting rule. But since we are not sure exactly who is coming out and will be playing on each team, then planning ahead for this is near impossible. I like it. Funny if it ends up being a tie this year.

Reply with quote Back to top
LizardcoreOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 27, 2011 - 06:37 AM

Dwarfrunner wrote:
Very interesting rule. But since we are not sure exactly who is coming out and will be playing on each team, then planning ahead for this is near impossible. I like it. Funny if it ends up being a tie this year.

Just ask glenn to bring all his teams Very Happy

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 27, 2011 - 07:00 AM

Canada
      Dwarfrunner wrote:
Funny if it ends up being a tie this year.

Funnier still if everyone brings halflings and goblins in an effort to take something that they thought their teammates would not take!

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 29, 2011 - 11:25 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:
I just spoke with Peter tonight and he wants everyone to be aware of a couple of changes to the tourney:

1) There are going to be TWO assitant captains on the team. This means there will be the Captain (who can get unlimited number of skills), the TWO assistants who can get two skills each, and then everyone else on the team is limited to one skill each.

2) There is going to be a format in place to encourage more diversity in the races being played. East and West coaches will count the number of different races that they are playing. If one side has a greater number of races being represented, then each coach on that team (East or West) will get +1 FAME for the entire tournament. Should one team (East or West) have double the number of races being respresented then every coach on that team (East or West) will get +2 FAME for the tournament. These FAME bonuses will be in addition to any FAME earned through the Fan Factor roll at the beginning of the game.

For example, there are sixteen coaches, so eight on the East, and eight on the West. The East (being a bunch of gits) take only four races (Dwarves, Dwarves, Dwarves, Dwarves, Dwarves, Orcs, Norse, Chaos Dwarves). The West (realizing the true intent of the tournament) diversify their races and take seven different teams (Nurgle, Orc, Orc, Skaven, Dwarves, Amazons, Lizardmen, Khemri). Because they have more races represented than the East, all West coaches will get the +1 FAME for the tourney. If they had taken a full eight different races, then they could have secured +2 for the entire tourney.

I see the rules here are not what Pete agreed to when talking to me, its not supposed to be FAME, it was supposed to be FF, but the FAME bonus is not a huge deterant. It's supposed to be FF,....

example, if the East has 8 teams & of those 8 teams onle 4 are not repeated, than all the East teams have a FF of 4, but if the West has all 8 teams different races, then they have an 8 FF, I talked to Pete for hours on this, so either he was has changed his mind or Spazz convinced him to change it, or its been confused....(just going by what Pete agreed on with me)

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

LizardcoreOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 29, 2011 - 11:42 AM

Clan_Skaven wrote:
I see the rules here are not what Pete agreed to when talking to me, its not supposed to be FAME, it was supposed to be FF, but the FAME bonus is not a huge deterant. It's supposed to be FF,....

example, if the East has 8 teams & of those 8 teams onle 4 are not repeated, than all the East teams have a FF of 4, but if the West has all 8 teams different races, then they have an 8 FF, I talked to Pete for hours on this, so either he was has changed his mind or Spazz convinced him to change it, or its been confused....(just going by what Pete agreed on with me)

whatever ! are you coming to join the east-bashing party ?

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 29, 2011 - 11:47 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
ya man my orcs from last year will be there

LizardcoreOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 29, 2011 - 02:43 PM

cant you play anything else ? Chris only knows how to play orcs Very Happy

PS: remember, if we are more than the East guys, then Pete and the other cobourg-area brilliant coaches will have to play for the East Very Happy

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 29, 2011 - 02:59 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
I'm bringing my uber orcs from last year they were a dwarf killing machine, so no i'll not bring anything else vs the cheese east 4 dwarf teams!
\

LizardcoreOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 29, 2011 - 03:31 PM

They wont be 4 dwarfs, cf the "variety" rule ! (+1 FAME is really a big thing)

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 29, 2011 - 04:17 PM

Canada
All this back and forth rules talk won't matter when the West loses yet again!! Regardless which rosters are brought it just won't matter. Are you worried about having Pete and other cobourg area guys on your team Lizardcore? Guess you should be after the west has lost for 3 consecutive years!!

Peter_MeersOffline
Post subject: rule change for lakeside cup  PostPosted: Jun 29, 2011 - 04:38 PM

cobourg
Sorry everybody for the confusion
but the diversity rule is off the table which means bring what ever team you like
because there will be NO handicap rule. The reason for this change is i wanted to see many different races take place, but i found that i didn't want to be pushy on telling people what teams they can bring, so again iam sorry, i just would like everyone to attend and have lots of fun.

So the website is up but it doesn't mention that you can have two assistants,,so to clarify: you have a captain that is given a free leader skill and two assistants that can have up to two skills and the remaining players can purchase one skill if you have any money leftover...

sorry for the headache boys ,,pete

LizardcoreOffline
Post subject: RE: rule change for lakeside cup  PostPosted: Jun 29, 2011 - 08:02 PM

It's ok Pete, do whatever you want, we're just coming for the food anyway Very Happy

Edited the first post accordingly.

@Adam: we'll settle that on the pitch. Are you playing Dark Elves with one reroll ? Very Happy

jrock56Offline
Post subject: Re: RE: rule change for lakeside cup  PostPosted: Jun 29, 2011 - 09:28 PM

Canada
      Lizardcore wrote:
It's ok Pete, do whatever you want, we're just coming for the food anyway Very Happy

Edited the first post accordingly.

@Adam: we'll settle that on the pitch. Are you playing Dark Elves with one reroll ? Very Happy

Definitely okay Pete although you may here a fair bit of whining out of the Western lot because of it Surprised Don't worry we don't only come for the food either we come to retain OUR title!! because that what it is after all OURS Razz

@Laurent: Don't get cocky...if you remember correctly I had a walk in TD against you last time but chose to try and kill one of your players first and rolled double skulls. You squeaked out a 1-0 win after but next time you won't be so fortunate Wink

LizardcoreOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: rule change for lakeside cup  PostPosted: Jul 03, 2011 - 05:14 PM

jrock56 wrote:
Definitely okay Pete although you may here a fair bit of whining out of the Western lot because of it Surprised

I never whine, I just win Laughing

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: rule change for lakeside cup  PostPosted: Jul 03, 2011 - 09:13 PM

Vancouver, BC
A'ight b!tches, the Amazons are making there triumphant return to the LSC. They have not played in Cobourg since 2007 and are itching to get back on the pitch; and that is not just the yeast infection talking. These girlz are ready to own your eastern a$$e$, filibuster all you want the end result is inevitable!!!!

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic