NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 07, 2024 - 07:28 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Rock n Roll rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 02, 2012 - 12:55 PM

United States of America
circle answer

There is no legitimate reason why you cannot list who and from where is making a bid. as far a discussion that can be controlled by the mods.

it is simple let me show you ...

Here is the list of Bids (you can even put in in a locked thread)
Jeff from xxx
Dave from yyy
Greg from zzz

damn that was hard, phew

now time to put the mods to work
{member} "I like so and so" [mod] zap ....

Reply with quote Back to top
Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 02, 2012 - 12:58 PM

Canada
      daloonieshaman wrote:

It is your show and I will critize you every day to have the slightest influence to make it better.

Daloonie, it is not my show, I am only setting up a process to allow fairness. I did so knowing I would be the one to attract negativity and leave the hopefully succesful winning bidders to get on with the important work in relative peace.

daloonieshaman wrote:

You are developing the same questions that circled around WCII development (great finish by the way).

Your point in (brackets) is great. The process for WCII was the best we could have gotten; the negativity and questions only came from the unlucky few who could not attend the massively successful event. I can understand the loosing bidders being sad as well, that is fair but only one group can win.

Notorious_jtb wrote:

You are right, until we know who bids we can't confirm who judges.

To some of your other anger, the above quote (from the 29th) addressed a well formed question from another member. Why would we give out a list of judges that is going to change? The list will be set when it is clear who is available, both in terms of personal time and conflict of interest.

To be honest with you Daloonie, my genuine attempts to answer your questions only seem to make you angry. That being the case unless we can manage this differently I may have to avoid engagement for the benefit of everyone. I don't want people to not bid for the tournament because of this type of excessive negativity. Especially after what the WC II organisers had to go through.

I would cordially suggest you send me a PM with future comments.

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 02, 2012 - 01:03 PM

Canada
      daloonieshaman wrote:
circle answer

There is no legitimate reason why you cannot list who and from where is making a bid. as far a discussion that can be controlled by the mods.

it is simple let me show you ...

Here is the list of Bids (you can even put in in a locked thread)
Jeff from xxx
Dave from yyy
Greg from zzz

damn that was hard, phew

now time to put the mods to work
{member} "I like so and so" [mod] zap ....

I don't understand your point, are you explaining how to type a list?

This is clearly not the reason we are not going to provide a list of bids. It is just not something that there is any value in discussing on the boards. Please read my post from shortly after yours before reposting.

Jonny_POffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 02, 2012 - 01:15 PM

United States of America
Bickering back and forth really does not put North America in any position to host a WC in 2015.

We need to appear to be one cohesive unit. And by appear, I don't mean fake it either.

I applaud JTB for actually taking the bull the the horns to get this up and running. There was talk about a North American Championship ONE YEAR ago at this point. Anyone could have stepped up in that time period to get something done. No one did... except him.

Shaman: It almost seems you waited for someone to start a process just to try and be combatative. You are a tremendous asset with your experience in event running. I'm sure JTB could use your help.... or even to help a bid in LA or Vegas!

I think it's in everyone's best interests to work together to make this event kick ass. There is no power struggle, old boys club, or any of that. We are all BB fanatics that want to take an event to the next level.

Let's ALL team up and make it happen... let the divisions and battling be left on the pitch! Mr. Green

daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 02, 2012 - 01:22 PM

United States of America
We clearly do not get each other.

I see absolutely no reason what's so ever why you even feel you have to keep this stuff secret.

Yes it is your show by defacto, because you write this stuff, you are a National TO (canada right?), and we do not have knowledge of any of the other members.

So in all fairness the only "people" we can confirm is YOU, any other "people" in any committee you create are figments of your writing until proven otherwise.

Ohh and if you are so afraid of your "people" jumping ship to make a bid, should they have already made that discussion before "joining" your committee?

How is ANY of this negative.
by the information provided it is all clear cut fact.

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 03, 2012 - 11:14 AM

Canada
I agree with Jonny_P. I am getting really tired of all this bickering going throughout the community right now. JTB started the ball rolling and took initiative, and I give him kudos for doing it. This has been a long time in the making (as Jonny said, 1 year ago the chatter started about this), and I am keen to see it happen. I know the talk behind the scenes has been ongoing for a while (mainly because it is done by email, and that makes things longer). But Daloonie, you made your point, JTB politely disagreed for the reasons he listed, can we please let it go. And I believe the reason he hasn't listed the commitee members is because he asked many of these people many months ago, before any of them probably had any idea if they were going to make a bif or not. But I believe most would know by now if they were making a bid or not, and a committee list could be presented, just so people know who is making the decisions on our behalf.

But I actually do agree with Daloonie that the bids should be made public. Atleast the locations, not necessarily the groups putting in the bid. If just so the NA BB community knows who are up for the running. And can discuss about how exciting it would be in each city. Just post something after the closing dates saying "Cities, x,y and z made bids and are being reviewed. The winner will be annouced on this date, good luck to all who bid". Atleast then the community feels they are being kept informed, since that seems to be what alot of the gripeing is about.

GlamdrynOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 03, 2012 - 02:59 PM

United States of America
So where are the bids?

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 03, 2012 - 03:10 PM

Canada
      Glamdryn wrote:
So where are the bids?

Well we have not recieved any full bids yet, the schedule is this:

Key Dates

Bidding open Jan 1st
Bidding closed midnight PST January 31st
Results announced February 21st (latest).

We have one expression of interest so far recieved at:

Northamericanteamchampionship@gmail.com

The full bid process has not been posted here but can be recieved as a word file if you are interested in placing a bid.

I will add a seperate topic for bids recieved.

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 03, 2012 - 06:55 PM

Canada
I am sure it will take afew days for people to decide if they want to bid or not. Even making a bid takes time and effort, for possbly nothing. Hopefully we have more than one or two bids. But I also hope there is one for Vegas. Would love to spend another weekend there for sure (hint hint ;P).

daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 03, 2012 - 07:36 PM

United States of America
      Dwarfrunner wrote:
I am sure it will take afew days for people to decide if they want to bid or not. Even making a bid takes time and effort, for possbly nothing. Hopefully we have more than one or two bids. But I also hope there is one for Vegas. Would love to spend another weekend there for sure (hint hint ;P).

ZootSuitJeff is running the West Coast, I do not know what city he wants (he lives in the Bay Area) but I will mention Los Angeles and Vegas to him (we chat every couple of weeks)

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 04, 2012 - 06:34 AM

Canada
Cool.

runki_khrumOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 06, 2012 - 11:50 AM

Canada
Vegas would be awesome! Looking forward to hearing which cities will be bidding.

Rats gone wild! (.)(.)

NorseOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 06, 2012 - 01:15 PM

United States of America
I would just like to volunteer my time and/or opinion in any way it can be utilized.

I am an avid BB fan/player/coach and a long time NAF member (#144)

I do not belong to any leagues and will not be making any bids to host any events in the East Coast

I live in the US, got married in Canada and grew up in Europe, so I have zero bias

I think JTB is doing great getting this rolling. I do kind of understand where Dennis is coming from though. All the privacy will likely lead to more accusations of bias and wrong doing than simply stating who the 10 judges are, what the choices were and how they voted.

Cheers,

R

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 06, 2012 - 01:21 PM

Canada
      Norse wrote:
I would just like to volunteer my time and/or opinion in any way it can be utilized.

I am an avid BB fan/player/coach and a long time NAF member (#144)

I do not belong to any leagues and will not be making any bids to host any events in the East Coast

I live in the US, got married in Canada and grew up in Europe, so I have zero bias

I think JTB is doing great getting this rolling. I do kind of understand where Dennis is coming from though. All the privacy will likely lead to more accusations of bias and wrong doing than simply stating who the 10 judges are, what the choices were and how they voted.

Cheers,

R

Thanks Norse! I think we are trying for some more transparency. We are getting a thread up listing bids and rough location as they come in.

I agree on making the voters/organisers of this process public. But I have yet to do so because I haven't had the chance to reach them all over the holidays. I also want to let them bid and remove themselves if that is their preference.

I think that this rolling ball/stone has knocked a lot of moss off already and this might not end up a perfect process but hopefully no one is too mad Very Happy

NorseOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 06, 2012 - 01:34 PM

United States of America
great, a definite step in the right direction..

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic