NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 22, 2024 - 11:28 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Griff Oberwald should retire. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PakoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 26, 2012 - 03:15 AM

Spain
      Pippy wrote:
(slight thread resurrection)

Hi Pako

Hopefully the feedback in this thread has been useful. What do you feel is the best way to move forward with this?

My personal favourite idea would be the suggestion of tagging onto existing large European team events e.g Lutece, Rugbowl, Dream Teams (etc.) on a rotational basis. Perhaps on a biannual basis as you have suggested. Of course this would require discussion / agreement with the other TOs involved.

Though as a TO of this tournament, how to structure it would be your call.

Thanks
Brendan

Hello Brendan,

I am still considering this issue. I will talk with people involved in those tournaments (at least the Rugbowlers and Dream Teams organizers) searching for some feedback.

I will also comment some issues with you personally if I could move to one tournament in UK Wink

I am still aware of this, but certainly there will be no big movements until summer I guess.

Reply with quote Back to top
PipeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 29, 2012 - 09:53 AM

England
Cool. If you make it to a UK tournament, very happy to discuss Smile

PM me in the meantime of there's anything else.

Thanks
Brendan

daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 15, 2012 - 05:43 PM

United States of America
I just think it is short sided and pathetic to limit the number of players in a big tournament. It is just plain bad management.
As said in the army ... Piss Poor Prior Planning

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 15, 2012 - 05:50 PM

short sided huh ;]

though in all seriousness where did that post come from, doesn't seem at all related to flow of the conversation in the thread

Jon

daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 15, 2012 - 06:32 PM

United States of America
      Grumbledook wrote:
short sided huh ;]

though in all seriousness where did that post come from, doesn't seem at all related to flow of the conversation in the thread

?
As GJ pointed out there are some teams that will NEVER be there (goblins, halflings , and about 7 others off the top of my head)

It is your event, play it your way

PakoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 16, 2012 - 04:30 AM

Spain
Sorry I am lost.

Certainly I not agree with most GJ concerns about this project, but as far I know his last comments were about my complains with Eurobowl... :S

But for sure, the aim of this event is to be inclusive, not exclusive in any way, including races played.

daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 16, 2012 - 02:58 PM

United States of America
      Pako wrote:
Sorry I am lost.

Certainly I not agree with most GJ concerns about this project, but as far I know his last comments were about my complains with Eurobowl... :S

But for sure, the aim of this event is to be inclusive, not exclusive in any way, including races played.

My bad I missed the point of. "It being a special event for only really special people"
Silly me I thought it was a Blood Bowl tourney :p

RoddersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 18, 2012 - 01:23 AM

Undisclosed

DLS your comments just show your complaining about nothing the "lower tier" teams are often represented at these types of tourneys as some people play for thr craic more so than anything else. yes the "top" teams are over represented but Pako is trying to do somthing here as inclusive as possible its completely up to players to bring what they want.

southern UK RTC

I voted

PakoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 18, 2012 - 01:39 AM

Spain
Ah, ok daloonieshaman, I finally get your point. Forget my previous answer, sorry.

I agree with you that maybe some of the low tier teams will be played in less number than the Tier1 ones. This is certainly a problem for all tournaments, not only this one in particular.

As said, I am proud to note I am the NAF coach with most Goblin matches played. So you could trust me if I say I like tournaments boosting these teams in order to make them a bigger pain in the ass of Pro-players. Wink

But in this case, my concern is about to present a comparable event to NAF WC. In one hand, we have the aim to link it with this WC spirit and image (including the ruleset), on the other hand we have this concern about to have as many teams played as possible (enhancing their rosters maybe). This is a question that, honestly, is secondary to me at this moment.

I am by now trying to get feedback from Team Tournament organizers about to host the event. I am also considering the costs to set it up in Barcelona in an event room to launch the first edition. And finally also considering the inclusion of meals in local restaurants in Barcelona, and prizes such coins, exclusive miniatures and so.

So sorry for the misunderstanding. As Rodders said, I hope it finally come out as the most sexy event we could provide you. But I am now focusing in other issues and I hope ruleset will be secondary as well for players.

PakoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 18, 2012 - 02:19 AM

Spain
Hello, I let the poll in Spain a few months, and I guess we could retrieve results:

SPAIN

Question Will you be interested in the organization of a NAF European Team Open every 4 years?

[26] Arrow Yes, I will attend to both, World Cup and NAF European Team Open
[5] Arrow Yes, but I will choose to attend to just one event
[2] Arrow No, there is already Eurobowl as the European team tournament
[0] Arrow No, I think two years between every NAF team tournament is too close
[2] Arrow No answer

No such high participation, but taking into account that polls deciding Eurobowl team seleciton had 60 votes and Eurobowl team captain election had 30 it is not so bad. Most of people usually don't enter into that questions.

Last edited by Pako on Apr 18, 2012 - 02:21 AM; edited 1 time in total

PakoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 18, 2012 - 02:21 AM

Spain
FRANCE

Question Will you be interested in the organization of a NAF European Team Open every 4 years?

[14] Arrow Yes, I will attend to both, World Cup and NAF European Team Open
[2] Arrow Yes, but I will choose to attend to just one event
[2] Arrow No, there is already Eurobowl as the European team tournament
[3] Arrow No, I think two years between every NAF team tournament is too close
[3] Arrow No answer

longfangOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 18, 2012 - 06:27 AM

Ok 40 people from 2 countries, so things look positive.

PakoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 18, 2012 - 06:44 AM

Spain
Right. But as said previous experiences with polls in forums were not so impressive. Participation in these threads was never so high despite the interest that you finally could get. We have in Spain a team tournament with +100 coaches every year, I couldn't imagine they are not interested. At least spanish people have this benefit (location) so we could expect more than the ones that answered.

I prefer to focus in the % of people answering each option, most of people interested have no complains with problems expressed here.

On top of that, certainly if we could get a mean of 20 people from each country with an active Bloodbowl community in will be certainly positive Wink

OldManDracoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 19, 2012 - 04:45 AM

Pako, just to make it simple. I wouldn't bother about any other tournament at all. Host it where ever and when ever you want. A lot of tournaments are held these days. Too many in my opinion to get back the really great events like the Dutch Open used to be. I am ok with all that competion. It's a matter of choice from the organisers and we should respect that. Strange that when an open Euro Team Tournament would be organsied people would think it might destroy their own tournament. It happens all the time. Last weekend I was at KlingenCon and could have been at the Goblin Slaughter Fest (same ruleset even!) as well. I think there is only 110 km difference for me between both places to reach. Both tournaments combined would have giving an international field of over 40 players. Now there were 24 in Germany and about the same amount or less in Belgium. If people REALLY think that it's about the international scene, then communicate with eachother, look at the Calendar and join forces to gather more people to tournaments to create that gig you really want. I forsee a future where there are so many tournaments that there will always be a problem to get more than 20 peple attending. Positive about that is you don't need a big venue.:p

Everybody know how I think about Eurobowl, I'm with you there. I would rather see your teamevent instead of Eurobowl. Also because you can go Stunty if you want without being a disgust to the Nation. What if we would loose because of my halflings.... The shame would be to great.

And sorry to say this, the talk about the NAF ranking. People take the NAF ranking to serious. It effects gameplay. It's nice to have it, but as soon as it effects gameplay it's a bad thing in my opinion. Well, not the list itself, but the people who need to be on top of that ladder and during a game only think about their NAF points. Sorry, but I think you don't see what Bloodbowl is about. It's about friends coming together, having fun and a good time after. Not about stupid points. Don't get me wrong, I like to win as well, but not at all costs.

Anyways, drifting of here again. Don't make a bidbook, just ORGANISE the thing, where ever and whenever you want. You'll see if it's a succes yes or no. I hope for you it will be.

OldManDracoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 19, 2012 - 04:47 AM

Oh and I don't recall seeing any poll from our TO in the Netherlands at all. Nor a mention of this thread. I also have not seen this appear in Belgium. Wonder what happened there. Could be I'm to old to read properly.Wink

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic