NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 15, 2024 - 12:05 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Fractured Skull! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SolarFlareOffline
Post subject: Origins Con 2012- Krrunch! Bowl and StreetBrawl  PostPosted: Apr 06, 2012 - 12:16 PM

Street Bowl Tournament on Thursday - 31-May-2012.
Krrunch! Bowl Tournament on Saturday - 02-Jun-2012.

More info soon.

Mods - Can I get a sticky on this please?

Reply with quote Back to top
SolarFlareOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 07, 2012 - 09:34 AM

Krrunch Bowl Info

When: Saturday, 02-June-2012
Where: Origins Gaming Convention in Columbus, OH (You must purchase a convention badge and event ticket to participate in this Blood Bowl tournament.)
Convention Info: Go to http://www.originsgames.com/ for complete information on the con.
Things to Bring:
• Your Team
• 2 copies of your team’s roster
• If you have them, Bloodbowl Board, dugouts, and templates. (We can’t guarantee how many extra sets we will have.)
• Copy of the competition rules pack.
Note: We will have some extra teams/rosters and materials available. They will be first come-first served. So, bring your own if you have them please!

General Information:
• 3 games in one day! Opponent matching will be Swiss style.
• This is an NAF sponsored event.
• Any official team in the competition rules pack is welcome. Underworld, Chaos Pact, and Slann teams are also welcome.
• Rosters are to be at TV1050.
• Tournament will be a resurrection style tournament. So any injuries your team suffers will not carry over to the next game, and any SPPs earned will also be erased. The roster you start the tournament with will be the same for each round you play.
• In the spirit of good sportsmanship Illegal Procedures will not be called. The 4-minute turn rule will not be strictly enforced. But if the Tournament Referee feels the game may not finish in the 2-hour time allotted, he may insist you use a timer and begin enforcing the 4-minute rule.
• Allowed Inducements: Bloodweiser Babes, Bribes, Extra Team Training, Master Chef, Star Players, Wandering Apothecaries

Additional Skills (Upgrades):
Players will not gain skills with SPPs. Before the tournament begins, you can give out the following skills:
• four players one additional regular skill each
• one player an additional double skill
• one player the kickoff return skill
No player can gain more than one skill. Exception: You can give the kickoff return skill to a player who has received an additional regular skill.
Special Rules:
• Brew-Pub Babe – In honor of the excellent brew pub across the street from the convention center, each team will receive a free Bloodweiser Babe. Yay Barley’s!
• Too much Brew Pub – One of your players spent too much time at the Brew Pub last night! At the start of the game, each coach will randomly determine which player spent too much time at the pub the previous evening. That player will gain the Thick Skull skill for the match. If the player already had the thick skull skill, then that player gets +1 AV for the match (to simulate how thick his skull really is!).
• Krrunch! Kickoff and Weather. Special Kickoff and Weather tables will be used.
Painting:
All teams are welcome. But it’s much more fun when teams are painted. At a minimum, players must be clearly distinguishable (i.e., numbered), so the positions and upgrades are readily apparent.
Sportsmanship:
We are here for the fun of the game. Good Sportsmanship is required! An important note on sportsmanship: fouling 16 turns in a row and running up the score is not poor sportsmanship. But gloating and ridiculing your opponent while doing so is. Remember we are here to have a good time.

Kickoff Table:
2: M&Ms: M&Ms make friends! Both teams have been giving the Ref M&Ms to try to get better calls. So, both teams get a bribe.
3: Mounds. Sometimes you feel like a nut! D3 random players on each team are suffering from a sugar high. (Roll 1D3 and the result applies to both sides.) These players are placed prone (not stunned) on the pitch.
4: Hershey Bars. The kicking team players are handing out Hershey bars, and this distracts the receiving team. Everyone on the Line of Scrimmage for the kicking team gets the fend skill for the first turn after the kickoff.
5: Snickers: One player on the pitch for the receiving team planned ahead and brought his snickers. He’s not going anywhere for a while. For the duration of this drive, this player may not be KO’d or Injured. All injury results for this player are “stunned.” Note: Receiving coach chooses the player.
6: Watchamacallit: The cheerleaders get confused while yelling out your team name. The fans are disappointed. Each coach rolls D3 + FAME + Cheerleaders. The losing coach loses a reroll. If it is a tie, both teams lose a re-roll.
7: Skittles. Taste the rainbow. The weather is changing. Roll on the weather chart to see what the weather is.
8: Dum Dum Pops: One team’s coaches ate too many Dum Dum Pops and now they’re just not that bright. Each coach rolls D3 + FAME + Assistant Coaches. The losing coach loses a reroll. If it is a tie, both teams lose a re-roll.
9: Twix: One player on the pitch for the receiving team brought his Twix. With so much sugar, it seems like he can be in 2 places at once! This player gains the leap skill for this drive only. Note: Receiving coach chooses the player.
10: Krrunch!: Someone on the kicking team just ate a Krrunch! bar! One player on the Kicking Team may take a blitz action. That player gains the mighty blow skill for this Krrunch bar! blitz only.
11: Tootsie Pops! Everyone is busy trying to figure out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop. Move the turn marker forward one space.
12: Pez! The mighty Pez! monster has invaded the pitch. (Perhaps disguised as Mickey Mouse or Superman.) Pez has been scattered all over the pitch and players are trying to grab up all the Pez they can. Roll a D6+FAME for each opposing player on the pitch. Any result of 6+ will result in the player being placed prone (not stunned).

Weather Table:
2-3: Butterfingers: The ball got wet and is now all slippery. There is a -1 to all attempts to pick up, pass, catch and intercept.
4: Jaw Breakers: It’s a tough crowd out there today. Add +1 to the injury roll for any player going out of bounds.
5-9: Good & Plenty. It’s a beautiful day! Enjoy some candy and some Blood Bowl action!
10: Air Heads: High winds make it easier to pass the ball further. Treat any passes as being one “range” closer (e.g., short passes as quick and long bombs as long).
11-12: Life Savers: Any players going out of bounds will be placed into the reserves box.

XtremeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 28, 2012 - 08:34 AM
Da Boss

United States of America
I'm going to be there for the Bloodbowl tourney. Smile

SolarFlareOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 30, 2012 - 02:31 PM

Xtreme wrote:
I'm going to be there for the Bloodbowl tourney. Smile

woot! Very Happy

elscorchoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 08, 2012 - 11:12 AM

Registered!!! Smile

Gotta defend the crown!

XtremeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 08, 2012 - 12:54 PM
Da Boss

United States of America
I'm sure the info is somewhere but i'm swamped with zlurpee stuff right now and lazy too.
What time does the Con registration open on saturday? Can I tell you now i'll be there and email my roster, just in case i'm running late because of con registration?

elscorchoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2012 - 11:19 AM

I looked all over the Origins website and came up with a whole lot of nothing. But IIRC registration is open at 7 am daily. This will almost surely be the case on Saturday with events beginning at 8 am.

SolarFlareOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2012 - 12:17 PM

Xtreme wrote:
Can I tell you now i'll be there and email my roster, just in case i'm running late because of con registration?

Hey X. We will make sure that you do not get locked out. (In other words, if you are a little late, we will make sure to get you in.)

You can email me the roster. But it will only take a minute to get it checked out if you do not email it. Either way is fine.

Also, I am 98% sure that elscorcho is correct. Registration has opened at 7am for as long as I can remember.

SolarFlareOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2012 - 12:21 PM

Also, as elscorcho has noted, Origins event registration is now open (http://www.originsgames.com/).

Here are the Blood Bowl events this year:
Thursday night StreetBowl - 6-10pm - Event #1202
Krrunch Bowl - Saturday 8am-5pm - Event #1503

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic