NAF Logo
leftstar May 23, 2024 - 01:36 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Off for a bite. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
drowgamerOffline
Post subject: New Dark Elf Team - Raiders of the Black Ark  PostPosted: Jun 16, 2003 - 10:21 AM

Hey all,

Im about to sit down and paint a new DE team for our upcomming season in the fall. The leauge i belong to allowed us to take 2 allies but after i won the cup and beign called cheesy by taking a chaos warrior and minataur im going DE only this time around. At least now i can have 4 blitzers. Evil or Very Mad

But now what kind starting lineup shoudl i have? Im playing most power teams ( Lizzies, chaos, orks, dwarfs and maybe a skaven) This is the startup i came up with:

2 blitzers
9 line elfs
2 rerolls
7 fan factor

only thing i was thinking was to drop 1 blitzer and replace him with a line elf to pad my ff to max and have a little cash in the bank. Thoughts, comments, ideas? Also love to see others starting lineups.

Thanks you all your help,

Rob
"Drowgamer"
Head coach of the Black Ark Raiders

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
IndigoOffline
Post subject: Re: New Dark Elf Team - Raiders of the Black Ark  PostPosted: Jun 16, 2003 - 12:49 PM
Da Warboss

England
      drowgamer wrote:

But now what kind starting lineup shoudl i have? Im playing most power teams ( Lizzies, chaos, orks, dwarfs and maybe a skaven)

lol skaven a power team Smile

sorry, I'll try and think of something more constructive while I'm having my dinner

IMO don't take a thrower though, take 2 WE cos they scare the opponent. They put an inordinate amount of effort into killing them while the rest of your team cleans up.

NAF #60

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 17, 2003 - 02:13 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Its a good standard DE lineup.

SteelEagleOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 19, 2003 - 09:47 PM

I won my league title with a dark elf team (no allies). I started with 9 LineElves, 1 Blitzer, and 1 Thrower. I hated rolling a "1" when throwing that quick pass and my blitzer became my scoring threat. Early on I went about 50-50 win/loss, but won the last 9 games usually 3-0 or 4-0. An apothecary is a must early purchase and give a few lineelves "block" and you are on your way. i then added another blitzer, then both witch elves. Patience is key-survive early and crush later.

TutenkharnageOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 20, 2003 - 06:19 AM

The last poster has it right: Dark Elves definitely pay their dues early, but they're great once they develop. Here are some lineups no one has mentioned:

11 Linemen (770K)
3 TRRs (150K)
8 FF (80K)

Get those re-rolls early, allow your linemen to develop, and add the position players later. On the negative side, you have no skills to start and you'll eventually need to retire 3 Linemen anyway.

1 Witch Elf (110K)
10 Linemen (700K)
2 TRRs (100K)
9 FF (90K)

Bonuses: The Witch is an obvious key, she has plenty of shields, and you max your FF early. Minus: Your opponent will recognize the Witch as an obvious key!

If you're willing to live with 1 TRR early, you have many more options.

Good luck!

-Chet

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic