NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 03, 2024 - 05:40 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Orc team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JoemanjiOffline
Post subject: NAF Championship LII - 25th & 26th May 2013 - Nottingham  PostPosted: Oct 16, 2012 - 11:31 AM

England
Hello all,

The NAF are proud to announce the dates of the next NAF Championship : 25th and 26th May 2013.

The event will be run in a similar way to the previous two events, but there will be one major change - the venue! This year's event will not be held at Warhammer World, but instead at the East Midlands Conference Centre just a couple of miles down the road. The NAF are extremely excited about the possibilities that this change of venue offers, and we hope to run an event that truly reflects and celebrates all aspects of the Blood Bowl tournament scene.

The rules pack can be downloaded here : http://thenaf.net/downloads/NAFC2013.pdf

We will be updating you at regular intervals with further details.

But to answer what might be some of the more common questions :

* Coaches may use any painted and based fantasy football miniatures (or appropriate conversions) in their teams. This means that the 'GW models only' clause no longer applies.

* The event will follow similar rules to the previous two years : 1.05 million value teams with one skill given to a player of your choice before each game.

* The event will cost £50.00. This will include lunch on both Saturday and Sunday and an evening meal on Saturday, plus free gifts and of course your entry to play Blood Bowl in the event itself. Payment details to follow shortly - we will release tickets for sale at a specific date and time as in previous years.

* We have negotiated discounted rates with The Orchard Hotel next to the venue of £35.00 for a single room or £45.00 for a twin room per night. The Orchard is a 4-star hotel and this rate includes full breakfast and use of facilities (including gym). This rate is available on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. To receive this rate you must book through us no later than three months before the event. Details to follow.

* The Monday following the event (27th May) is a Bank Holiday in the UK.

If there are any further questions please respond below and if we can answer at this stage we will.

Thanks

The NAFC team.

Current paid attendees :

0 Joemanji (ref)
0 Dave (ref)
0 Frank / Giraffe (ref)
0 lunchmoney (ref)
1 Valen
2 jon_boyce
3 antipixi
4 Kithor
5 billydee
6 Driesfield
7 Sjapie
8 wilzif
9 Butch
10 Besters
11 Raverten
12 Captain
13 Be4ch
14 Podfrey
15 shaniepoo
16 mepmuff
17 Loki
18 petew
19 winkle_picka
20 Purplegoo
21 Prostoglandin
22 CeeTee
23 DeeTee
24 FFFs
25 Ruthy
26 JT-Y
27 Mark_Turner
28 CunningStunt
29 layers6036
30 Glowworm
31 Beppe
32 Jericho
33 Urbaman
34 Demerzel
35 Balder
36 Eski
37 BSKing
38 Spartako
39 Rubick
40 Vmcat
41 Krys Rajca
42 Kfoged
43 Myrmedon
44 Mordredd
45 peterd
46 Pippy
47 Schmee
48 Simolekyyli
49 Zoesky
50 Cracol
51 Geggster
52 Duckwing
53 (new member)
54 (new member)
55 (new member)
56 Nazgob
57 Ravinator
58 Hawca
59 Neilpferd
60 David_Hamlin
61 LordOrc
62 Stig
63 Lard
64 VultureSquadron
65 Goldfish
66 battlepuppy
67 sonofbattlepuppy
68 (new member)
69 Barney_the_Lurker
70 mawph
71 Pete_Delafield
72 Leipziger
73 Rolex
74 Daboar
75 Boromir
76 Sann0638
77 eldritchfox
78 Dragons
79 scarloc
80 Mortimer
81 Chris Lewis
82 ManticoreRich
83 Crystalmcdoll
84 Wizaard
85 Gazza
86 Mago
87 johnnyd
88 Betty
89 Thursablot
90 SFisher91
91 MrNuffle
92 DaPiranha
93 Akzaar
94 Coma
95 MMM_Fluff
96 darkelfdan
97 Steven Williamson
98 Diamon Joe Quimby
99 Sizzling_Gromril
100 JockMcRowdy
101 BlocknRoll
102 Neil McGrory
103 Buggrit
104 Zedsdead
105 Ploppy_McPloppy
106 Steve_Chambers
107 Verbal_HM
108 (new member)
109 MrHannah
110 Hana_666
111 Lycos
112 (new member)
113 GORGOROTH
114 nonumber
115 richy376
116 headstrong
117 Jimjimany
118 Robsoma
119 Canteloup
120 Farina
121 Lurch
122 Balias
123 Bladd
124 Hungdonkeyman
125 Rodney_Dangerfield
126 Heff
127 Father_Gailus (from the USA!)
128 Itchen
129 pressie
130 MattWhile
131 Munson
132 Rob Brain
133 Drakk
134 Rockstar
135 Don Vito
136 Johnny_KTOU
137 BeardoSlatford
138 dontcallmeflossy
139 James Smith
140 Graeme Hulstrom
141 Inkpwn
142 xnoelx
143 TalonBay
144 Hawk
145 Lac1983DK

Please note the following information about Roster Pre-registration:

Quote:
Hello all,

We are again asking for coaches to send us their rosters in advance of the NAF Championship to speed up the process of registration on the Saturday morning. There is no pressure to do this immediately so please take as much time as you want to deliberate over every fiendish roster choice! But the more of these we get, the faster the queue will move come the day.

Please send your roster to NAFC.rosters@gmail.com. You may not necessarily receive a response, but please accept our silent thanks. Everyone will still need to bring two printed copies of their roster on the day.

Many thanks
Joe

Last edited by Joemanji on Oct 02, 2013 - 12:25 PM; edited 10 times in total

Reply with quote Back to top
garthnaitOffline
Post subject: RE: NAF Championship LII - 3rd & 4th May 2013 - Nottingh  PostPosted: Oct 16, 2012 - 12:49 PM

Friday and Saturday? Not Saturday and Sunday? Or do you mean 2014???

JoemanjiOffline
Post subject: RE: NAF Championship LII - 3rd & 4th May 2013 - Nottingh  PostPosted: Oct 16, 2012 - 12:54 PM

England
Fixed. Wink

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject: RE: NAF Championship LII - 3rd & 4th May 2013 - Nottingh  PostPosted: Oct 16, 2012 - 03:52 PM

looks good, non GW minis should please many

how close is that hotel to the new venue?

Jon

ThadrinOffline
Post subject: RE: NAF Championship LII - 3rd & 4th May 2013 - Nottingh  PostPosted: Oct 16, 2012 - 04:22 PM

Sweden
I think this move will see a lot fewer people travelling from abroad.
As much as the move to allow all models, not just GW, is to be applauded, I feel that there was something special about playing in the Warhammer World hall, as opposed to a conference facility.
Simply put - there was value to playing at Warhammer world, value I don't think allowing all minis covers.
I suspect there are other motivations behind this move too, but those are of no real relevance.

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject: RE: NAF Championship LII - 3rd & 4th May 2013 - Nottingh  PostPosted: Oct 16, 2012 - 04:48 PM

well an argument can be made that nottingham isn't the easiest place for people to travel to from other countries too

proof will be in the pudding as to how it affects attendance and without ever trying who knows...

Jon

JoemanjiOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: NAF Championship LII - 3rd & 4th May 2013 - Nott  PostPosted: Oct 17, 2012 - 04:23 AM

England
      Grumbledook wrote:
how close is that hotel to the new venue?
Next door.

IndigoOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: NAF Championship LII - 3rd & 4th May 2013 - Nott  PostPosted: Oct 17, 2012 - 05:12 AM
Da Warboss

England
      Thadrin wrote:
As much as the move to allow all models, not just GW, is to be applauded, I feel that there was something special about playing in the Warhammer World hall, as opposed to a conference facility.
Simply put - there was value to playing at Warhammer world, value I don't think allowing all minis covers.
I suspect there are other motivations behind this move too, but those are of no real relevance.

You honestly think that? What is special about Warhammer World aside from the lack of miniatures for sale, the requirement to purchase GW food/drink, the higher costs...

WW is interesting when you step through the door, but as soon as you sit on the child size stools and scrape your arms on the shoddy tables you see why it's more fun elsewhere.

Couldn't agree less mate.

WW is ok but it's not the be-all-end-all of the NAFC.

NAF #60

JoemanjiOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: NAF Championship LII - 3rd & 4th May 2013 -   PostPosted: Oct 17, 2012 - 07:24 AM

England
If Warhammer World is a big deal for foreign coaches then they can still go there to visit! Perhaps on the Friday. It isn't very far away.

PurplegooOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: NAF Championship LII - 3rd & 4th May 2013 -  PostPosted: Oct 17, 2012 - 07:44 AM

England
I’ve always argued (when the boo, GW arguments reared their ugly heads) that the WW venue was good for us. It has it’s own character (we normally play in bland pubs, hotels, working men’s clubs, generally not very nerd focused and a bit soulless), the food has got better in recent times, and it’s deeply linked with the hobby, making it attractive to visitors and first timers.

But rather than looking at the negative of losing that, I’d rather look at the positives a new venue brings. The NAF now have a chance to do whatever they like with a big event, and if the World Cup has taught us anything, that can end very well indeed. True, WW gave us a consistently good offering, but it had obvious limitations. Having a new venue gives the NAF a chance to take the event to the next level, and I’d rather look at that exciting possibility than bemoan the loss of WW.

ThadrinOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: NAF Championship LII - 3rd & 4th May 2013 -  PostPosted: Oct 17, 2012 - 10:14 AM

Sweden
Yeah. That. I'm a bit Gegg about it - not angry...

Will see if I can make it again. Money's been a bit tight lately. Will miss playing in the cool hall though.

generaljasonOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: NAF Championship LII - 3rd & 4th May 2013 - Nott  PostPosted: Oct 17, 2012 - 10:35 AM

British Columbia, Canada
      Thadrin wrote:

No - I'd rather see it held outside of Warhammer World to be honest. This is a tournament that I'd like to do someday and this move just makes me more likely to do it not less. Hosting the Spike! I understand more than anyone that less parent company involvement the better. Jonny can also tell you this as well now that he's hosting Chaos Cup at the hotel like the Spike!

Good move dudes! Looking forward to seeing a massive NAF Championship Award in the future!

Gj.

ManuelOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 17, 2012 - 04:01 PM

Spain
That's a great new! I was wondering when you will announce this. I will start checking for holidays and flights and trying to bring with me some fellows.

By the way, I totally agree with the decision of doing it outside the WW. We will still be able to visit it, but this way you can improve the event and do it the way you want it to be. Let's hope not too much people decide to stay at home just because the can't take a picture with a marine.

lunchmoneyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 18, 2012 - 12:17 AM

England
      Lordillo wrote:
Let's hope not too much people decide to stay at home just because the can't take a picture with a marine.
They can still do that, they just have to wander over to WW. It's not far away.

ManuelOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 18, 2012 - 12:19 AM

Spain
I know, I know. In fact, that's what I'm telling my friends. I wanted to say "because they think they can't" ^_^

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic