NAF Logo
leftstar May 23, 2024 - 04:05 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Zombie pass for the win! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Skull_CrusherOffline
Post subject: Lizards vs. Humans  PostPosted: Jun 23, 2003 - 02:23 AM

Hi there,

What would you do if you were to play a human team with Ogre St 6 and two Blitzers with piling-on ( rest of the team consists of one thrower, one catcher, rest=linemen plus doctor), to ensure victory???

I have one Saurus with piling-on and one Saurus with St 5 ( altogether I have 6 Saurus and 5 Skinks in the team plus doctor). How would you play against these humans??? Especially with the Skinks?

Crush them first, touch down later? Or try to gain the lead and only disrupt their play afterwards?

I do not want to get crushed for my FF is very low and I do not have a lot of money. I fear that these humans might be a little bit too tough.

Please assist. Thanx.

Skull_Crusher

Neutral

Reply with quote Back to top
DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 23, 2003 - 02:41 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
If you get the chance receive the kick off and spend the whole half kicking his team.

Its probably worth tying up his Ogre with a Saurus while the other 5 go about killing everyone else. I'd particularly try to remove any players with Tackle (they'll kill the skinks) and the Piling On blitzers.

SputnikOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 23, 2003 - 06:18 AM

Crushing humans might work, or might not. The cas department is always dependent on lucky dice! Wink If you win the coin toss and it works out, fine. Stick to it as long as it works! Laughing However, closely watch the game plan developing turn for turn and switch before it is you being beaten up while only pushing your opponent around!

If bashing doesn't work (or as an alternative general tactic) I would try to pressurize the ball carrier with your skinks. He only has two blitzers (right?) and this ogre for the bashy part. You have more saurus to fight back. He can only blitz once per turn, so will he use his PO blitzer to get your saurus out or to attack the skinks trying to get the ball carrier? If he tries to get the skinks via blitzing, you can't do much anyway. However, he only has one thrower but lots of linemen who will have a hard time dodging/catching/blocking! Try to create turnovers by forcing him to protect the ball first and watch him using his rr! Laughing

Your advantage is speed and mobility. If you can get a skink next to the ball carrier he has to deal with it! Use your advantages to give him a hard time.

And don't mind too much the PO blitzer. They need to roll a 7 for the armor roll (for a saurus) and, since they don't have MB, they won't be deadly with every block the make! For the skinks you should already know that a halfling can be a real pain! So why exxagerate with a PO blitzer? Skinks come, score and die eventually... Crying or Very sad

Good luck!

Sputnik

Skull_CrusherOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 23, 2003 - 02:26 PM

Yeah,

Skinks do die, another problem I have, having just a bit of money.

I would especially like everbodies opinion on a good zone defense having just two Skins to protect a ball carrying Skink. How would you position them?

Doubleskulls, would you try to score in the first half or would you just bash around?
Twisted Evil

Skull_Crusher

IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 23, 2003 - 02:53 PM
Da Warboss

England
keep 4 skinks in your backfield when on defence, it means they can generally overpower a "sneaky" breakthrough and still have someone left to pick up the ball.

make sure you always have a free Saurus though, without break tackle they can be tied down too easily.

NAF #60

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic