NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 03, 2024 - 06:48 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Smashed Knee! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
generaljasonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 02, 2012 - 04:27 PM

British Columbia, Canada
Hey Rod, thanks for the response. Along with getting all the info I can on all the past Spike!s for Paul, I want to be able to add to the continuity of the event and the website to take in all the years that the event has been held.

For Spike! 2006, the only information I could find was who won which I already knew and your picture. And to be honest I wish we had a larger one. Believe me I read through that entire 30 page thread. Friday and Saturday, one at a battle bunker, one at Games Day. 2 days, to 1 day, to one day warm-up day and the second day being a 3-game event. Crazy.

But I have none of the other winners for the event. You took Spike! Champion, but who won Painting, Sportsmanship, Most Touchdowns or whatever other awards were handed out that day? It would be nice to have pictures of yourself and these guys to display on our site like this:

http://spiketournament.com/?page_id=386

Also I could not find any pictures relating to the event at all. Games Day photos, games in progress, pictures of people's teams, and stuff like that. I'd like to immortalize them here:

http://spiketournament.com/?page_id=168

Also we have none of the results, like beyond you winning who came 7th for example? We obviously have the NAF stats, but could you get me the results for the TO himself? Were these listed somewhere in a thread that I missed? Just something that we can copy out to display like this on our site:

Ben wrote:
I would just like to say i had a great time with a good bunch of bloodbowlers. It was great learning experience for running my next tournament which will be the Canadian Open....details will be available soon.

Thank you to everyone who attended and im glad the title remained in Ontario Very Happy .

Here are the final results.

1. Stub'ees, Trevor Clapham pts: 364 Won final match
2. Chaos Pride, James Schofield pts 383
3. Arnheim Razers, Peter Meers pts 265
4. Knights of Crimson King, Rick French pts 233
5. Buffalo Soldiers, Garth Elliot pts: 226
6. Barretts Privateers, Paul Conners pts:215
7. Central Olde World Gryphons, Eric Rubli 207
8. Hell pit Hustlers, James Hoysa pts: 134

Fewest td's allowed: James Schofield, with 1 all tournament
Best Sportman: Eric Rubli
Best Painted: James Schofield
Most Td's: Garth Elliot
Most Casualties: Trevor Clapham
Wooden Spoon: James Hoysa

Congrats guys!

Ben

I looked for old posts regarding Spike! 2006, searching for the points breakdown and a list of all the winners but couldn't find anything. Finding that old post from Ben with the 2005 scores and winners was a task. And yeah - no pictures of either 2005 or 2006. In 2005 players had posted pictures, but the links in those threads are now dead ends.

Lizardcore wrote:

I guess the 2 guys on the picture are Ian Dundas and Anthony Watts (or their younger brothers ).

Ok, for real, did Clan_Skaven asked you to open this thread ?

Yeah I figured one of them was Anthony. If he has any of the old results please let him know that I'm looking for them. It is the only information I'm lacking with regards to 2004. Everything else I have, the winners, and these great pictures I found in this old post:

Old_Man_Monkey wrote:
Hey El Presidente!

Here's the link from the gallery maker I'm trying out:

http://www.floridabloodbowl.com/Spike04/index.html

Click on the "Desktop" tag and it should connect you.

I've also sent a ZIP file with these pics to you...

-OMM

And no, Rod didn't send me a pm so I could regenerate his Spike! 2006 victory here. Wink

But yeah any help you guys can give resurrecting this old info and all the old photos would be outstanding. I want to complete the history and put it up on our site.

Thanks,
Gj.

Reply with quote Back to top
generaljasonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 09, 2012 - 05:54 PM

British Columbia, Canada
      Clan_Skaven wrote:
I can dig up info on 2006 Spike, whatcha need?

Did you have any luck Rod?

generaljasonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 10, 2012 - 09:06 AM

British Columbia, Canada
Thank you SO MUCH Anthony for sending me the complete results for Spike! 2004. It's amazing to me that after almost 8 years you still had them at your fingertips. You rock man.

Still trying to track down info for Spike! 2005 and 2006 but this was a huge help. Awesome Watts! Very Happy

Craig.

Da_ScumOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 10, 2012 - 02:26 PM

Undisclosed
You know, the new Calgary crew may be able to hunt down some of the results from that Spike! back in 200* (Hack cough whee!) And I am going to at least see just how many team sheets I have still left over from that and teams that took part...heck I still have some pictures.

Does not make me happy that a 5--0--1 record with the Humans is "phffttt!" and yes before you ask the one game I lost to lose me the whole thing? ("Mutter Game Five Mutter") So you see where that tradition started early.

As I believe I have a Norse Team's Record from playing there, one Amazon team's record and one other Goblin team that took part from Edmonton. If I am lucky I may even have "photo's of all the trophies and who got them!"

Okay that gives me a research project for the holidays. Very Happy

Besides trying to split the beer molecules.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic