NAF Logo
leftstar May 23, 2024 - 09:57 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
You're right, he does have very long legs. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KLKOffline
Post subject: about time...  PostPosted: Dec 20, 2012 - 04:18 PM

Colombia
Yes... about time...

I learn how to play in 2002, in Cambridge, England, and bring back to my colombian country 16 teams, and later, I get more, using all kind of ways: ordering, asking, praying, crying... back then, we have no chance to get stuff from outside, nor even by internet.

But we have a GREAT time, me and my friends play with my teams at least 5 leagues, everyone was happy, we built stadiums, and the Bald Eagles won the Blood Bowl 2 times...

Then, the tragedy, in 2006, a moron stole the case with 14 teams... total lost... no way to recover it, no value in the black market... I was down. The Eagles were safe, because the have their own box. But I lost hope... no money, no teams, no job, no family...

The life improves slowly, but I was still mad at myself. One day, in 2011, a good friend says that he has a new computer game... which one? Blood Bowl, dude, you know something about it? I always lost my games...

I said, OK, lets take a look... I cannot describe what it was like, just imagine coming back to something you really love, after a long, long time.

Back home, I search the old box... I found it... Inside, full of dust, were the Eagles, and their leader: Griff Oberwald. It took me a while to strip the paint, and to make a ton of business with GW, Ebay and other stores, but a few months later, the Eagles and 12 more of my favorite teams were ready to play again!

a few friends of mine also get teams, we already play the first tournament in years, a league, and the CBBL is back on duty.

so, thanks for reading my story, as soon as I can, I'll show you some pics of the 'new' teams

BTW, is still Indigo around?

Reply with quote Back to top
KilowoggyOffline
Post subject: RE: about time...  PostPosted: Dec 20, 2012 - 06:38 PM

Undisclosed
It's awesome to see you get back into the game. Glad you guys are are having fun with it!

Co-Host of BOTH DOWN:The #1 Blood Bowl Podcast... that you can find at Both Down!
Or on Twitter @BothDown

dahtOffline
Post subject: RE: about time...  PostPosted: Dec 20, 2012 - 07:26 PM

YES! Colobmia is back on the accepted list of countries to flee to in the case of a US collapse or other legal emergencies!

Congrats Smile

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject: Re: about time...  PostPosted: Dec 20, 2012 - 07:31 PM

KLK wrote:
BTW, is still Indigo around?

unfortunately yes ;]

though he moved to london many years ago

Jon

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic