NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 16, 2024 - 02:19 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Fractured Arm! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 12, 2013 - 05:56 AM

Canada
I can fix most of the games that were entered twice. Just one thing, Leathan wasnt there was he? Thats why someone seems to play two games each round.

***I just deleted the games if Mark doesnt mind re-entering them. Looking at it closer, there seemed to be games missing, so I figured it would be easier to just reinput them. Sorry for the hassle***

Reply with quote Back to top
wapcapletsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 12, 2013 - 08:15 AM

Hamilton, Ontario
      Gaixo wrote:
Callous Drowboys is a very clever name. A+

Thank you but I can't take credit for it. I can't remember where I read it but it was on some kind of list of the most clever Blood Bowl team names a while back and I thought it was hilarious so I stole it.

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 12, 2013 - 09:03 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      wapcaplets wrote:
      Gaixo wrote:
Callous Drowboys is a very clever name. A+

Thank you but I can't take credit for it. I can't remember where I read it but it was on some kind of list of the most clever Blood Bowl team names a while back and I thought it was hilarious so I stole it.

As far as stealing NFL or CFL teams for BB I have a few, my all beastman Chaos team is the St. Lucifer's Rams, on the Cyanide BB I have a Nurgle team called Pussburgh Spewers and although not football I have an Orc team called the Boozin Broozers (Boston Bruins) ok it is a stretch
Wink

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

mellis1644Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 13, 2013 - 06:48 PM

Dwarfrunner wrote:
I can fix most of the games that were entered twice. Just one thing, Leathan wasnt there was he? Thats why someone seems to play two games each round.

***I just deleted the games if Mark doesnt mind re-entering them. Looking at it closer, there seemed to be games missing, so I figured it would be easier to just reinput them. Sorry for the hassle***

Thanks, I will re-enter them. I am having issues with the automated XML entry so will do it by hand. No biggy. However, before I do, a quick question. One of the players in the tourney was not NAF and has no intention of joining. I checked. Sad

So is there a way of putting a NAFid in for that player (anonymous or something), so the NAF opponent gets credit for the game?

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 14, 2013 - 01:08 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      mellis1644 wrote:
      Dwarfrunner wrote:

Thanks, I will re-enter them. I am having issues with the automated XML entry so will do it by hand. No biggy. However, before I do, a quick question. One of the players in the tourney was not NAF and has no intention of joining. I checked. Sad

So is there a way of putting a NAFid in for that player (anonymous or something), so the NAF opponent gets credit for the game?

I think his games will just not exist. (let me guess my only win?) Rolling Eyes Laughing

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 14, 2013 - 06:10 AM

Canada
      Clan_Skaven wrote:
      mellis1644 wrote:
      Dwarfrunner wrote:

I think his games will just not exist. (let me guess my only win?) Rolling Eyes Laughing

CS is right, if he is non-NAF his games won't be ranked. Unfortunate he won't join, Rod needs all the wins he can get. ;P

runki_khrumOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 14, 2013 - 02:06 PM

Canada
why is a non NAF member allowed to play in a NAF sanctioned tourny? Grumpy old fucks want to know!

Rats gone wild! (.)(.)

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 14, 2013 - 05:33 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      runki_khrum wrote:
why is a non NAF member allowed to play in a NAF sanctioned tourny? Grumpy old fucks want to know!

I see both sides of the coin here,

A: You don't want to turn someone away from BB by telling them they are not allowed to participate if they are not a or want to become a NAF member.

but...

B: I see nothing wrong with using thier Payment to create a "John Doe" account , by the tourney organiser, that he can use on future tournies to fill in spots by any non NAF participants.

blammahamOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 14, 2013 - 06:19 PM

Canada
I think this has happened to me every tournament I have played in....couldn't care less, myself. I don't like the idea of making "place holder" account because when it comes to voting on NAF positions the person with acess to that account could take extra votes. S.

Rando
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 14, 2013 - 07:27 PM

Canada
And how would you determine the ELO of the John Doe! It would either artificially inflate or lower the actual ranking of the match.

I played 6 games at Lutece 2010 and only three were against NAF members. I think it might seem a little unusually to the St. Lawrence Valley area players because we are all NAF members but I think we are the exception and not the rule.

runki_khrumOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 14, 2013 - 08:35 PM

Canada
I agree the more the merrier. But if we're not careful we'll be overrun with dice less anarchists!

Rats gone wild! (.)(.)

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 15, 2013 - 12:08 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      Rando wrote:
And how would you determine the ELO of the John Doe! It would either artificially inflate or lower the actual ranking of the match.

I played 6 games at Lutece 2010 and only three were against NAF members. I think it might seem a little unusually to the St. Lawrence Valley area players because we are all NAF members but I think we are the exception and not the rule.

Sorry not sure what ELO is? I'm guessing his/her ranking number (for example 150) ?

I honestly never even thought of the voting issue, but that is a good point. For me it just comes down to the fact I'm a stats whore. (& it is nothing to do with win/loss record. If you have seen my record you know it is nothing to be proud of. Laughing ) I like to reflect back on older tournies and look back at individual games regardless of record. Like the one Lakeside Cup when i brought Halflings, I finnished last place with a record of 6 losses. I'd honestly be disapointed if any of those games were not recorded, beacause that would be a part of the experience not shown/recorded.

Just an idea could the tourney organiser have the ability to create an account that would be the starting 150 ranking (as it would be that players starting ranking anyway) this speacial account would be a one time use only with no voting access. As far as the account name something like "tourney name year drone #" (or for example "Warpstone Cup 2014 drone 2" (obviously I'm just brainstorming off the top of my head & just a basic suggestion)

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 16, 2013 - 03:18 PM

Canada
@runki - it's the TOs choice to include non-NAF coaches. There is nothing that says you have to include non-NAF coaches. As said, because so many coaches in the area are NAF members or sign up it never comes up.

With regards to the non-NAF coach matches, there is no way around getting their games recorded. Your ideas might work on a small scale, but anywhere outside NA it would be near impossible to track.

This has been debated before, about MAKING coaches sign up or simply not allowing them to enter tournaments, I don't think there is a solution that would work well.

StimmeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 19, 2013 - 10:34 PM

Germany
Here some proof that the tournament really took place:

LizardcoreOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 26, 2013 - 10:28 AM

thanks for the pics alex !

Nice to see rod on a picture with a chicago blackhawks T-Shirt Wink

See you guys at WC III ? Smile

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic