NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 30, 2024 - 08:11 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Dwarf Cheerleaders, why bother? rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jmccubbinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 30, 2003 - 07:11 AM

Just finished Origins. Only 5 people showed, which really stunk....but I did have the best painted team. Smile

Reply with quote Back to top
GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 30, 2003 - 07:31 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

For all those of you that pushed for T-Shirts ... the image is now finished to make your own ... a black image for white or coloreded shirts and a black shirt image have been supplied.

http://www.blood-bowl.net/Gencon.html

All you need to do is download the image, buy Iron-On Transfer paper at your local office supply, print the image on your printers BEST print setting, and then Iron-On. I've got one made as a test which I may give away in the prize pool (the minotaur came out a little too gray, so I've darkened the image ... (note Old_Man_Monkey you should download the new image also as its better)).

Anyway have fun guys ..... anyone have any tips on how to speed paint 70 BB players for gate prizes and have them look at least useable by coaches .... I'm looking at that pile with dredd since I still need to finish painting 2 of the trophies.

Galak

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 30, 2003 - 07:32 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

jmccubbin wrote:
Just finished Origins. Only 5 people showed, which really stunk....but I did have the best painted team. Smile

Sorry to here this James ... it wasn't highly advertised .... but still Origins is a pretty large Con .... however, I seem to remember Magic just dominating it from the year I went (of course Magic was why I was there so it probably helped that impression).

On the same note, I just finished painting my brother's Lizardman team for GenCon ... the team is mix of painting and basing work by Milo Sharp and myself. I really like how the team came out. He won't be able to win best painted team (since he didn't do it), but it will be easy on the eyes.

Galak

jmccubbinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 - 11:09 AM

Galak,

Do you mind if I use a good portion of your Gencon Rules for the setup of next years Origins. I plan to run it next year, since I pratically ran it this year.

James

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 - 11:56 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

jmccubbin wrote:
Galak,

Do you mind if I use a good portion of your Gencon Rules for the setup of next years Origins. I plan to run it next year, since I pratically ran it this year.

James

Its not mine to copyright so knock yourself out.

Lets see how well they work though first. I think they are going to work well, but theory and application are two different beasts.

I really do plan on collecting a guide to the major tournaments to discuss the different ways to hold the event ... when done I'll get it up on mine and this site. I think everyone seeing the basics side by side how GenCon, Blood Bowl, Chaos Cup, Underground, Tulip, Spikey, CamCarnage, DragonBowl, etc, etc, etc were run could be very helpful in running their own.

Galak

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 - 11:57 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

No tips on speed painting 70 minis huh ... sigh.

Galak

jmccubbinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 - 01:13 PM

One possible suggestion. Send some of the figs out to people you feel can do a good job. This is best if you do this via non-mail so it does not cost you.

Second suggestion: Don't worry about painting them. If they are door prizes for GenCon, then most people would be happy enough to paint their own free fig.

TimOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 - 02:59 PM

Germany
Galak, if you still need help with the spreadsheet, i have a 99% finished Excel spreadsheet that does up to 200 coaches in a max. 8 round swiss style tournament.

Configurable scoring, automatic random drawing of first round possible, automatic swiss setting with manual override if coaches would have to play twice, configurable printout sheet for the current standings, ...

Interested?

What's missing is the documentation, but i could give you a quick runthrough.

To all others: i'll put it on the Halfing Scribe's Website as soon as it's finished.

IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 02, 2003 - 02:41 AM
Da Warboss

England
      GalakStarscraper wrote:

I really do plan on collecting a guide to the major tournaments to discuss the different ways to hold the event ... when done I'll get it up on mine and this site. I think everyone seeing the basics side by side how GenCon, Blood Bowl, Chaos Cup, Underground, Tulip, Spikey, CamCarnage, DragonBowl, etc, etc, etc were run could be very helpful in running their own.

Galak

Good thinking Batman.

NAF #60

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 02, 2003 - 07:36 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Tim wrote:
Galak, if you still need help with the spreadsheet, i have a 99% finished Excel spreadsheet that does up to 200 coaches in a max. 8 round swiss style tournament.

Configurable scoring, automatic random drawing of first round possible, automatic swiss setting with manual override if coaches would have to play twice, configurable printout sheet for the current standings, ...

Interested?

What's missing is the documentation, but i could give you a quick runthrough.

To all others: i'll put it on the Halfing Scribe's Website as soon as it's finished.

I'm interested ... send it to xxxxx ... and make sure the Title says Blood Bowl Spreadsheet as I delete automatically all internet email that comes to that address.

Galak

Last edited by GalakStarscraper on Jul 02, 2003 - 06:27 PM; edited 1 time in total

TimOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 02, 2003 - 02:23 PM

Germany
Sent it. Let me know if it went through.

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 12, 2003 - 11:58 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Tim wrote:
Sent it. Let me know if it went through.

It looked good Tim ... but in the end I edited the spreadsheet I used for the MBBL and MBBL2 for the GenCon Bowl as this way I would be very familiar with how it worked in case of a problem, and it also allowed me to easily add in Painting and Sportsmanship points.

And there was much rejoicing about getting this done.

Special thanks for Dave Allen who built the shell that I used for the spreadsheet.

Only 5 things left on the list to do to be finally ready for the tournament, but this item was a BIG one on the To Do list.

Again thanks for sending your spreadsheet to me Tim ... just was running out to time to really get a great understanding of it.

Galak

KhankillOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 18, 2003 - 08:21 AM

United States of America
tick.....tick.....tick.....

Less than a week to go!! Now, if only that week could go a bit quicker.

XtremeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 18, 2003 - 02:02 PM
Da Boss

United States of America
I am totaly stoked for this my first tournament. I took teh week off starting Tuesday so hopefully I can spend some time working on some strategy and tactics so I don't look to bad.

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 18, 2003 - 03:54 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Okay ... I'm feeling generous.

I'm going to met a caster after GenCon to get a limited edition figure cast for blood-bowl.net ... Melfaxis won one for being the 100,000th hit at blood-bowl.net. I'll have between 300 and 500 cast but no more than 500.

And since it looks like I'll have them by the end of the year 2003 ... another contest is in order.

There are currently 55 coaches PRE-registered to play in the GenCon Bowl (pre-reg closed one month before the tournament) Guess how many coaches will ACTUALLY play in the tournament on this thread (NOT via PM or email .. just type your guess into the thread ... entries must be in before the tournament starts on Friday morning). Also please note ... we only have space for a maximum of 140.

Closest person will be put in with Melfaxis for getting one of the limited edition figures once I have finally got it cast ... note: coming to GenCon is not required to play. In case of ties, all people tieing will receive one.

Yes, I'm in a good mood and looking forward to this also.

Galak

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic