NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 03, 2024 - 09:34 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The High Elf team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SBGOffline
Post subject: Can you use 3 MA to rise as Pass Blcok?  PostPosted: Mar 21, 2004 - 09:07 PM

Canada
If it gives you a chance to intercept or puts in either the thrower or the catcher's tackle zone?

I searched and found nothing on that... Embarassed

Thanks!

Fred

Reply with quote Back to top
smeborgOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 21, 2004 - 11:42 PM

IIRC, it says (in the last Rules Review or attendant Q&A) that Jump Up cannot be used in conjunction with Pass Block.

So I suggest the view of the game's custodians is (probably) that standing up is something you can do only in your own turn.

In any case, m'Lud, if the Pass Block rule talks of "moving", then you could argue that standing up is not moving (albeit it is something that you can do as part of a move or similar action, if you start prone).

So, if I had to rule on this one, I would say no.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Smeborg the Fleshless

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 22, 2004 - 02:26 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
No because it isn't 3 MA - its move 3 squares.

ZFurelliOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 22, 2004 - 02:36 AM

Scotland

The LRB states tht Jump Up can be used to stand up for free at the start of any action. Within Blood Bowl an action is one of Six (Move, Block, Foul, Hand-off, Pass, Blitz). Anything else that a player does is based upon skill usage.

Furelli

Ratin_MutantsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 23, 2004 - 04:26 AM

But would the pass block "move" not be considered af a move, which would make it possible to jump up, and pass block. However in the spirit of the game i would say no.

pfootiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 23, 2004 - 08:41 AM

smeborg wrote:
IIRC, it says (in the last Rules Review or attendant Q&A) that Jump Up cannot be used in conjunction with Pass Block.

So I suggest the view of the game's custodians is (probably) that standing up is something you can do only in your own turn.

Another way to interpret this is that you can get up during a PB, but you cannot use jump up to do so. If you couldn't get up at all, a separate ruling about jump up wouldn't be necessary.

Furthermore, the language in LRB2.0 on moving is really irregular. Sometimes they say "move a number of squares equal to MA", sometimes they say "up to MA" (see the difference?), sometimes they don't mention squares at all.

My league ruled that if getting up put you in a legal PB target (either an interceptor or a catch/pass TZ), it was okay. And it doesn't come up very often.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
ZFurelliOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 30, 2004 - 04:13 AM

Scotland

Ratin_Mutants wrote:
But would the pass block "move" not be considered af a move, which would make it possible to jump up, and pass block. However in the spirit of the game i would say no.

While the player is moving he is not taking a Move action (or any other action for that matter). Actions are defined within the game and are declared for each player during your turn before that player starts the action. As I stated in my previous post there are only six defined actions - Move, Block, Blitz, Pass, Hand-off and Foul.

Furelli

GrimetoothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 14, 2004 - 02:54 AM

In the ruling for players with less than 3 MA on Pass Block, it states they still move 3 spaces. By extension, I would say that you don't get to apply your MA to Pass Block, you just move 3 squares. So even if it were allowed for a prone player to Pass Block, they would still be prone! (just some humor...)

Chatabi Grimetooth

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic