NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 04, 2024 - 09:19 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Fly little halfling, Fly rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: Vampire Team Questions  PostPosted: Nov 29, 2004 - 05:44 AM

Canada
I have a couple of questions w.r.t. the vampire team.

1) What is the procedure for declaring actions with the vamp and the OFAB roll? For example, do you have to declare a blitz before or after the roll is made for OFAB?

2) It says that "The player may use the hypnotic gaze at the end of any Move action on one opposing player who is in an adjacent square" does this mean in either team turn? If so, is a player have to have the chance to move before being hypnotized (it says at the end of any move action).

Help appreciated!

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Reply with quote Back to top
slupOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 29, 2004 - 05:52 AM
Big Mek

Undisclosed
1) After declaring the action, meaning the intended action is lost.

2) Read this instead "...at the end of any Move action made by the player...".
It is only the active vampire who may gaze an opponent, so no gaze when the opponent moves (unless he has vampires too)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Graf_ArnhelmOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 29, 2004 - 09:50 AM

1) You declare the action first, then roll for Blood Lust an maybe lose the action.
What would be the problem with BL if you rolled before declaring the action? "This Vamp is blood-lusted? I didnt wan't to Blitz with him anyway!" Hmm, yeah, right Confused
2) Slup is right, HG would be broken the way you interpret it. BTW, I think it's unclear as to whether a Vamp could HG after Shadowing an opponent.
I understand HG can only be used once in your own team turn.

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 29, 2004 - 10:05 AM

shadowing isn't a move action so no they can't do that

you always have to declair the action before rolling any dice, just the same as bonehead etc

hyp gaze is only used during your own move action and ends your movement once you gazed, so yes you can also use it during a failed OFAB roll, just make sure your next to a thrall when you use the gaze or your be off the pitch and cause a turnover

Jon

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 29, 2004 - 10:18 AM

Canada
      Graf_Arnhelm wrote:
What would be the problem with BL if you rolled before declaring the action? "This Vamp is blood-lusted? I didnt wan't to Blitz with him anyway!" Hmm, yeah, right Confused

Dude! Give your head a shake! What would be the problem with BL??? How about the fact that it causes automatic injuries against the members of your own team! Shocked

Graf_Arnhelm wrote:
2) Slup is right, HG would be broken the way you interpret it. BTW, I think it's unclear as to whether a Vamp could HG after Shadowing an opponent. I understand HG can only be used once in your own team turn.

I wouldn't necessarily agree with you that it would be broken that way - you still have to make the roll and it also means that the player has to end his move next to a vamp. As it is, the vamps are tought to play! I was just hoping for a break!

But for the record, you can make one HG per player, per turn. Don't tell me otherwise otherwise I will throw a hissy fit and scrap the team! Wink

Spazz

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 29, 2004 - 10:32 AM

yer you can gaze one player per vamp per turn assuming you just want to use move actions with them all

Jon

Graf_ArnhelmOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 29, 2004 - 10:53 AM

Spazzfist wrote:
      Graf_Arnhelm wrote:

Dude! Give your head a shake! What would be the problem with BL??? How about the fact that it causes automatic injuries against the members of your own team! Shocked

Spazz

'gives his head a shake'
Sure, BL sucks (both strictly and figurativelly speaking)., and if you don't injure your own players, it's TO-Land.
But I can't help it, I'm a masochist (was tatooed again last Friday, loved it sooooo much Mr. Green ), I wouldn't wan't to play anything other than Vamps (ok, maybe Lizardmen).

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 29, 2004 - 11:20 AM

Canada
Care to give your thoughts then in the "Strategies and Tactics" section to LMk how you play the current vamp team? I could use some advice!

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic