NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 16, 2024 - 05:29 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
This happened to me only yesterday rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject: Chaos Cup 2006 - Oct 21/22, 2006 - Chicago  PostPosted: May 16, 2006 - 09:46 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Final details for this year's tournament are now updated and posted to http://www.thechaoscup.com

JJ is flying over for the event.

First place gets $50 towards purchasing an up to 16 man team that the GW Battle Bunker will paint and base and ship to the winner.

Everyone signing up for the tournament gets a limited edition Sark Four-Eyes miniature.

5 games Swiss ... Entry fee is $20 ... but if you did not come last year and bring a friend than you get $5 off your entry for each friend you bring. You'll have to figure out in advance who gets to claim who ... no fist fights over who gets the discounts please Laughing ... or instead of $5 off you can receive an extra limited edition Chaos Cup figure from any of the previous 3 limited Chaos Cup figures.

Hope to see a good turn out for this year's tournament. If you can call them and let them know you are planning on attending that would really help as it will give them an idea of attendance in advance.

Galak

Reply with quote Back to top
GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 16, 2006 - 09:46 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Oh and could someone approve the tournament for the NAF please ... thank you.

Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 16, 2006 - 10:26 AM

United States of America
I just called up and reserved a spot. Team TBD.

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

Jonny_POffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 16, 2006 - 11:13 AM

United States of America
I too just called to reserve a spot. I was impressed. An employee named Alan answered the phone and took down my name and number and said if there are any changes they would call me. Also he asked if I had any questions on the tournament and if I knew Jervis was coming. He said they are all looking foward to it.

I'm really happy the staff there is informed of this event and being quite helpful on the phone.

See you all there!!

nyarlathotepOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 16, 2006 - 06:40 PM
Mekboy

I just called and reserved a spot as well. Nice employee named Steve answered the phone, got me signed up in a couple minutes.

My Tournament Record

bampfOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 26, 2006 - 12:27 PM

Harrisburg Mafia is still working on logistics but hope to bring 3 or 4. Will post and call once we re sure.

StoutYoungbloodOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 27, 2006 - 09:34 AM

Undisclosed
I was at the bunker and Alan (the manager) told me they were planning to give a set of blocking dice to everyone. It would be marblized with the chaos symbol on one of the faces of the die. Shocked

Pretty cool if they actually do it. I know the winners last year never received their trophies, the manager, at the time, was promoted shortly after the CC and the trophies fell through the cracks.

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 27, 2006 - 08:25 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

StoutYoungblood wrote:
Pretty cool if they actually do it. I know the winners last year never received their trophies, the manager, at the time, was promoted shortly after the CC and the trophies fell through the cracks.
They are still supposed to be getting those. I need to talk to the manager because he said he would have new trophies by this Chaos Cup as all 3 trophy winners were coming back.

I really need to talk to this guy on the phone and work everything out but he is never there when I call.

Galak

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 29, 2006 - 10:26 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Hey guys ... you really need to call and let GW Chicago know if you are coming.

Right now only 9 guys have called them and I've seen a lot of posts from folks from overseas saying they were coming that I don't think have let GW know they are coming.

If you surprise the Chicago bunker with double the number of folks showing up compared to the folks that called and told them they were coming ... it will not be a good tournament for anyone ... so please get called in.

For the folks overseas ... I just called for Deathwing and Valen to register them ... I'm happy to do this for over folks as well. Just let me know ... but seriously if you are planning on attending you need to let them know ... it costs NOTHING to pre-register for the Chaos Cup but it is huge in the effect it will have on them having enough space and boards for everyone.

The number is 630-426-0120.

They'll want your name, phone number, and some idea of the team you are thinking about bringing (you can change your mind don't worry).

Galak

Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 29, 2006 - 12:24 PM

Carol Stream
I just called in and registered for myself.

I will pass this info along to the rest of our gaming league (CRUMBBL) and get them to sign up as well.

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 30, 2006 - 10:05 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Okay it looks like in all honesty that the Chaos Cup might have a shot at being bigger than the GenCon Bowl this year which would be amazing.

I've worked hard to improve the reputation of the Chaos Cup so I'm pleased to see this happening. If it becomes the largest tournament in North America than it really will be worth calling a Major.

After seriously thinking this over ... I called GW Chicago yesterday and let them know that I won't be playing in the tournament. I'm just going to referee and run the tournament. I want everyone spending the money to fly over for this event to have a good time and I want it to be very well run and I think I need to not be playing for that to happen.

With the Chaos Cup using LRB 5.0 ... we'll need a referee that is very well up to date on what is in the new rulebook and it would seem that I am uniquely qualified on this as a referee (sigh!) ... not like I'd get to play any talented coaches anyway ... my best teams Flings really took a beating in LRB 5.0 for tournament playability.

Just wanted to let you know.

Galak

stick_with_poo_on_the_endOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 30, 2006 - 11:53 AM

With it being a "major" and lots of overseas coaches coming, can it be made 6 games instead of 5 ?

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 30, 2006 - 11:59 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

stick_with_poo_on_the_end wrote:
With it being a "major" and lots of overseas coaches coming, can it be made 6 games instead of 5 ?
We've done it 5 games ... because a lot of the coaches need to drive home or catch planes home in order to work on Monday. Most the coaches leave very quickly after the prizes ... so while I understand why this would make the tournament better for the folks from overseas ... this would actually really put a crush on the USA crowd to be honest.

For example... its a 4 hour drive back to my house from Chicago ... from Canada it would be a lot worse.

Galak

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 30, 2006 - 02:09 PM

Undisclosed
      GalakStarscraper wrote:
With the Chaos Cup using LRB 5.0 ...
Galak

GalakStarscraper wrote:
... from Canada it would be a lot worse.
Galak

Aren't these things mutually exclusive? Smile

-ROb

NAF Member #5236
---

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 30, 2006 - 02:17 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

KarlLagerbottom wrote:

Aren't these things mutually exclusive? Smile

-ROb
Actually no they aren't. Just pockets of Canada.

Galak

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic