NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 03, 2024 - 01:21 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Skaven team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LeipzigerOffline
Post subject: Flame Bowl 2009 - Manchester (UK) December 5/6  PostPosted: Nov 16, 2009 - 08:44 AM

England
The majestic Mr Nippy Longskar has already announced this on a couple of forums, but I thought (with his permission) I'd get it on here:

Nippy Longskar wrote:

After the warm reception (ho ho) that the debut outing received, I'm pleased to announce that the first weekend of December 2009 will see the return of Flame Bowl, once again hosted at New Century House, in Manchester City Centre.

But it's freezing!

Hush you. That was all a misunderstanding. This year will be lovely and warm, I promise.

OK, so what's it all about?

Brought to you by freakish mutant bloodbowling entity that is Flame On, The Flame Bowl II will once again be a two day, team based affair with teams of 4 battling it out for the title, currently held by the infamous Team Paincake, "the Nicest team in the World" (tm)

Team Based? But I've no friends!

Ideally I will be looking for people to enter in teams of 4 - however, don't worry if you can't quite manage this, just let me know that you're interested in forming/joining a team (there'll be a separate 'Teammates' thread in Tournament Discussions) and we can sort it all out from there!
Everyone will be playing as individuals for the first 3 games on day one, then on day two, the 4-strong teams will be paired off according to overall performance.

Still a Good Excuse!

The other important thing to know is the event is going to be a charity fundraiser for Cancer Research UK. In conjunction with my work, who have promised to add £400 to the total if we can contribute at least that much, I'm hoping to beat last year's total of £1060 raised for this excellent cause - and still have a bit spare for some pretty nifty prizes, too.

So do I get some dodgy dice?

No! there's nothing wrong with Flame Bowl dice, and you should harshly chastise anyone who says otherwise. But yes, there will be dice, along with spot prizes each round, Flame Bowl Dugouts, Flame Bowl Pitches for the winning team and a fully painted team for the overall winner. Oh, and the Stunty Cup, of course.

Rules 'n Whatnot

Rulespack can be found here:

http://www.enos.ltd.uk/BBFiles.htm

Tickets

The Ticket price will be :

£20 NAF members

£25 Non NAF

If you wish to pay by Paypal, please make payment to:

flamebowl@hotmail.com

Please include your name and NAF number when paying.

Alternatively if you wish to pay by cheque please PM me and I'll let you know the address to send it to.

If you have a team of 4 interested then let me know on this thread and I'll update the list of teams. If there's 1, 2 or 3 of you then pop a post up on the Flame Bowl Teammates thread in Tournament Discussions and we'll get it sorted.

The Teams So Far

1) Brutal Deluxe
Leipziger Paid
NorthernKnight
Beanbag
Fireoli

2) Flame On Team B
Barney the Lurker
Sizzling Gromril Paid
Ninjahamster
Zoglug

3) White Isle Wanderers
PeteW Paid
SillySod
Piggy
Pgoo Paid

4) Team Paincake
Joemanji Paid
Jimany
Polar Bear
Ironick

5) Devil's Rim Raiders
Wightlord
Shanie Paid
Chosen Gobbo
???

6) ???
Lucifer
WiburS
Mippin
Pug

Bring it on!

This was one of the best events of 2008 and 2009 promises to be even better! Get in touch if you are interested Smile

Last edited by Leipziger on Nov 16, 2009 - 09:35 AM; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
LeipzigerOffline
Post subject: RE: Flame Bowl 2010 - Manchester (UK) December 5/6  PostPosted: Nov 16, 2009 - 08:45 AM

England
Mod, can you sticky this please?

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic