NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 03, 2024 - 11:17 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Amazon team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jejaatinOffline
Post subject: Declaring actions  PostPosted: Oct 23, 2003 - 06:54 AM

As I have understood, according to LRB you have to declare every action you take with a player, i.e. Blitz, Pass, Block, foul... So far so good, but what about move? I really don't see no reason to declare move, because if you leave out pass, block, blitz, foul etc, the only action left is move. So if you move with your player without declaring a blitz for example, that action must be move. I don't know if you're still following me, but I was wondering how you people do it in your own leagues or tournaments. Question

Reply with quote Back to top
IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 23, 2003 - 07:56 AM
Da Warboss

England
we specifically state the action before doing it. I.e. before we move the guy we say "This will be a pass/handoff/blitz/foul" then do the movement etc.

That way there is no mistaking it.

NAF #60

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 23, 2003 - 08:04 AM

England
Most of the time I don't declare move actions, I just move the fig. I do normally declare it when I have to first make a roll to do anything, like "bone head roll to move". Hell, I only technically declare block actions because it's part of telling my opponent what I'm rolling the dice for. Rolling Eyes

We can be quite lenient on declaring the other actions as well. Just as long as they declare it before rolling any dice, or it was very obvious what they were doing from the start.

DeathwingOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 23, 2003 - 08:18 AM
Former President

England
At long as you're obvious it's not a problem.

This guy's moving here...
That guy'll go there...
This guy smacks your blitzer with an assist...
2D Block here..
Try a 1Der there..
Here's the Blitz...etc...

Nobody IME actually declares 'Move Action' or 'Block Action'.
Blitz, Hand-off and Pass are really the key ones..oh yeah, and Foul.
Common sense not anal retention is the order of the day.

TutenkharnageOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 23, 2003 - 03:09 PM

If I think my opponent is taking off on a blitz and he has to make a dodge roll or something along the way, I ask him, "This is a Blitz, I assume?" If he's heading off to get the ball, I usually ask, "Pass or Move?" Under no circumstances do I put the screws to a guy who was obviously blitzing, but under no circumstances does anyone in our league allow an opponent to say, "Wow, that block worked out well, guess I'll make this my blitz," before continuing with his action.

And the Ogre coach declares each action ahead of each Bonehead roll, of course. It's somewhat critical with that team.

-Chet

KhaineOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 23, 2003 - 11:15 PM

We call pass action and blitz but normal moves we don't usually call just for simplicity sake. If it's not a blitz, or a pass, then it's a move so it's one less reason to actually communicate Smile.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic