NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 16, 2024 - 09:20 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Pinched Nerve! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 12:42 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      Blank_Page wrote:
Tournament cancelled.

No refunds available.

Thats for sure? Where did it say that?

Rod.

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

Reply with quote Back to top
Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 12:59 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
Ok I have been all over the GW site (it doesn't say it has been cancelled on it) not that I put much faith into GW anyway!

But "Baccuss 20something" has not replied to this as stated on Monday, so I guess take yer chances if you wanna go, if I do go it will be just to see stuff, maybe buy an army case with a cool logo (be nice if they had Skaven)

Rod.

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

skaven27Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 05:43 AM

Canada
everyone says that people at gw don't know what they are doing....i would have to say that even bacuus2099 doesn';t even know.... you would think that people who are going to run a tourney would figure out ALL the details before annoucing the tourney, before selling tickets.... i bought my ticket cause it was suppose to be a 1 day tourney... now it's 2 day and maybe by the time of the tourney it might be a week ..... my 2 year old could probably do better than the people who are running the spike.....

have a nice day all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 07:13 AM

Canada
So if they are not refunding the money where has it all gone? That is my question!

Spazz

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Baccuus2099Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 07:35 AM

Blank_Page wrote:
Do we have to participate in Fridays "primer" round?

If you want to have a six game tourney then Yes!

Baccuus2099Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 07:37 AM

Taxal wrote:
I hope this will not create any problems for all of you. Myself and three others arwe coming down to play in the Spike. the only thing is we are only coming for the Saturday part of the tourney. I understand now that GW screwed up in the schedule, but it is to late for us to change our plans. Are we still able to play at least in the Saturday portion of Spike.

taxal

Yes Plz come, you can only play in the three Sat games, however this will lower your stats for the tourney!

Baccuus2099Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 07:46 AM

Okay now Guys
I know Ya'll were expecting me to tell you all what's going on yesterday, but it was one messed up day!

-Tourney is still on!
-It will be six games as I posted earlier!
-A NAF rep is supposed to be comming to this (word from above)
-The execs at GW wanted this thing to be a one day event (who knows why), that is why it was posted on their website is the three primer games and the three Sat games.
-The money from the tickets are STILL FOR YOUR TICKETS.

Lastly I apologize once again for the was that GW has been screwing us around, I am reposting the rules for the tourney following this post and I assure you all that what is posted is the way the tourney is, NOT what is on the GW website.

Baccuus2099Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 07:48 AM

skaven27 wrote:
everyone says that people at gw don't know what they are doing....i would have to say that even bacuus2099 doesn';t even know.... you would think that people who are going to run a tourney would figure out ALL the details before annoucing the tourney, before selling tickets.... i bought my ticket cause it was suppose to be a 1 day tourney... now it's 2 day and maybe by the time of the tourney it might be a week ..... my 2 year old could probably do better than the people who are running the spike.....

have a nice day all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bub let's see you do it better!

skaven27Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 07:49 AM

Canada
what a waste of money........................

Baccuus2099Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 07:53 AM

Spike! 2006 Tournament Rules

Things you NEED to bring:
1) Your fully painted team,
2) Two copies of your team roster,
3) A Blood Bowl board, templates, dugouts and block dice, (We cannot guarantee we'll have extras on hand)
4) A copy of the most recent Living Rule Book, (Available for free online at www.bloodbowl.net)
5) Pen or pencil(s),
6) Your NAF user name and number (if you are a NAF member that is). See below for more information.

Schedule
Since time is limited please be on time and ready to play.

May 26th, 2006

10:00 a.m. ??? 12 noon Game 1
Lunch Break
1:00 p.m. ??? 3:00 Game 2
3:30 ??? 5:30 Game 3

May 27th, 2006

8:00 a.m. ??? 10:00 Game 4
10:15a.m. ??? 12:15 Games 5
Lunch Break
1:00 p.m. ??? 3:00 p.m. Game 6
3:30 p.m. Awards Presentation

Tournament Format
Tournament is played over Friday and Saturday. You will participate in a series of 6 games against different opponents. All games will be selected randomly with no repeating of opponents.
To keep on schedule, we would appreciate it if you could play at a brisk pace with no time wasting!
Each player has a special results form. Once each game is finished, you must fill in the form and hand it in to the Records Keeper. It is important that you fill in ALL the information, as this will decide your ranking and ultimately the winner of the tournament.

Scoring
After each game you will record the points earned by your team on the results form.
Points are awarded as follows:

Win 50
Loss 10
Tie 30

Bonuses:

???Blow-out??? (won by two or more points) +10
???Bag o' Wheat??? (caused most casualties) +10
???Keeping it close??? (lost by 1 TD) +10

Any ties in the final standings will be broken by TD difference and then CAS difference.

Painting & Sportsmanship

Painting
Tournament points will be awarded for team painting and presentation. Up to 10 points are awarded for team painting based on the criteria below. The tournament judges will evaluate each team based on these four criteria and not on the aesthetics of the team. This means that any painter of any standard can gain the maximum 10 points if he puts in the effort and follows the guidelines below.
The judge???s decisions are final.

Based - 2 points: All bases of the team including sideline staff are painted and/or textured in some manner.
Just being painted green is not enough!
Painted - 2 points: The team is painted. All models have at least 3 colours on them. Undercoats of primer
must not be visible.
Detailed - 2 points: All models have had the details painted in a variety of colours or with noticeable effects.
This can be shading, highlighting, etc. This discriminates between the merely painted team and the team that has
attention paid to it.
Representative - 4 points: All models on the team are representative of the race and position that they are meant to portray. Extra weapons that are not part of a finished and painted figure should be removed. This does not mean that you must use official Blood Bowl miniatures, only that an Ogre should look like an Ogre, a dwarf should look like a dwarf and so on.

IMPORTANT: In order to get the points all models in the team must fullfill the criteria. If even one model fails the points will not be awarded.

Sportsmanship
After each game, you will award your opponent 1 - 3 sportsmanship pts. based on the following criteria:

3 pts - Your opponent was an exceptional and sporting opponent. He did not endlessly argue about rules, tactics, he reminded you about your turn counter every time, let you reconsider moves, etc.
2 pts - A good opponent, neither great nor terrible.
1 pt - Not an enjoyable person to play against. Argued every single contentious point for the sake of it. Didn't go out of their way to make the game painful, but it was not an enjoyable experience.

Tournament Rules

Rosters
Coaches have 1,000,000 crowns with which to build their team. All normal team-building rules apply.

Official Tournament Teams
Any Team listed in the current Living Rule Book (LRB 4.0) may be used. Team stats may be downloaded from www.bloodbowl.net.

Star Players and Wizards
Star players are not permitted.
No wizards will be allowed, with the exception that the Halflings may purchase a Chef for 150,000 gold crowns.
Undead coaches may argue the call, but may not raise the dead.

Team Building
After every game the tournament Commissioner will roll 2D6, the result will be awarded to 1 member of your team (your choice).
Players may only take skills from their available skill categories, unless doubles are rolled. You may not stack additional skills on 1 player.
This system replaces the league and star player point system in the Blood Bowl handbook.

Casualties
All casualties that have been inflicted on your team, including death, are wiped away at the end of each game.
In other words the team resets after every game (excluding skill rolls).

Dice
All D6's and D8's will be supplied by the tournament organizer. Coaches will not be permitted to use their own D6's or D8's.

NAF
The NAF is an international Association of players dedicated to Blood Bowl - Games Workshops game of fantasy football.
NAF's goal is to act as a central resource for Blood Bowl coaches the world over - offering news, contacts, discussion, sanctioned tournaments, and international player rankings.
Whether your planning your own tournament, looking for a league, or just wanting to catch up on the latest from the world of
Blood Bowl, NAF HQ aims to provide everything you will need. Sign up now and get a set of Official NAF Block Dice!!
(Rumour has it that they are luckier than normal block dice, but officials can neither confirm nor deny this!) This tournament is NAF sanctioned which means that ANY matches that you play against another NAF member will count towards your overall ranking.
It is worth noting that matches against non-NAF members do not count towards your ranking as there is no way of judging the quality of an "unknown" opponent.

IMPORTANT: If you are a NAF member, please remember to bring your user name and NAF Number with you to the tournament.

NAF Membership is $10 USD per year and may be purchased at www.bloodbowl.net or at the tournament through Direct Services.

Prizes
There will be prizes not only for the tournament winners, but also for painting, sportsmanship, and anything else we can think of!
There will be custom ???Spike 2006??? Pitches up for auction following the final match!

Baccuus2099Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 07:57 AM

skaven27 wrote:
what a waste of money........................

Why, yer still getting the tourney, things have been worked out on this end, and it is as I said it was so...... wheres the waste?

skaven27Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 07:57 AM

Canada
well all i am saying is that before you annouce a tourney the common sense would to figure out the details..... figuring the details and putting them into action is the hard and stressful part.....now i have spent money on a ticket for a tourney that i have no chance of winning that is not including gas, food, etc., because the organizers can't figure out if it one day two days or a year event...... i love to bb, i don't care the price of entery or the cost to get there , BUT WHAT PISSES ME OFF IS WHEN I TOLD ONE THING AND THEN THE SAME PEOPLE CHANGE THERE MINDS AND WASTE MY MONEY.... and if i was to run a tourney i would figure and arrange location, time, amount of days, and price before annoucing it....

COMMON SENSE.......

THE EASIEST THING TO USE IN LIFE BUT HARD FOR SOME

have a nice day all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

skaven27Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 07:59 AM

Canada
prizes are nice when you have a chance to win them

skaven27Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 08:00 AM

Canada
maybe the tourney organizers should roll a d6 to figure out who's way we are going with

Baccuus2099Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 08:02 AM

BACK OFF BUB
You try organizing this while working as long as I do every day!

All I see is you complaining that ppl don't know what they're doing, well lets see you do a better job!

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic