NAF Logo
leftstar May 23, 2024 - 05:46 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Nuffle hates you. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CramyOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Smack-A-polooza!!!  PostPosted: Apr 02, 2009 - 10:13 AM

Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:
I have been making some slight adjustements to the kick off tables for the boards. One thing that Marc Andre pointed out to me last year was that the Brilliant Coaching and Quick Snap results were flipped, as were the Cheering Fans and High Kick. I have amended this, to keep it in line with the current kick off tables.

I also noticed that I had "Get the Ref" as a #6 result on the Skaven board and figured it was a bit too brutal! Even for skaven! So here is the new result:

#5 ??? Feed on the weak! ??? The ref has been replaced with a member of Clan Mors ??? the warrior clan. Fouls will be noticed on a doubles as normal, but the player will be penalized only if they fail to break the armour.

This makes the result slightly less likely and still adds an element of risk to the fouling.

Happy to see that the Kick-off tables are more LRB5-ish. Not that it made a big difference, but still happy. Wink

And I like the Feed on the weak kick-off result.

Cramy

Reply with quote Back to top
jrock56Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Smack-A-polooza!!!  PostPosted: Apr 02, 2009 - 06:53 PM

Canada
Hey Spazz, I doubt eric can be silenced as this is his one opportunity to win a tourney award other than the "SPOON"...BIT*H STICK! whatever you want to call it. He is like a remake of Christopher Robin chasing Winnie the Pooh...desperately trying to get that honey jar, but continually falling on his face and getting trampled in the process. Razz

I could continue but I don't have the time to write elaborate short stories about how Eric will suffer if we are to face one another at the CoQ. Lates

Adam

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 02, 2009 - 09:19 PM

Vancouver, BC
I think you all should go back to school and get your PHD. Thats right, y'er Playa Hata's Degree. `Cause that is all y'all are.

The fact that you cannot handle all that I bring to the pitch is nothing to hate me for. Simply comfort yourself in the fact that a true champion will grace your presence, who will show how the game is really played. And, you should use the opportunity to learn the basics.

Envy appears to be your downfall and a defining traits of all the coaches who plan to attend. Luckily I shall never know it, as there will be little to be envious about as I will come out on top.

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 04, 2009 - 07:39 PM

Vancouver, BC
      Eric.R. wrote:
«START OFF TOPIC»

Just to let you guys know that now that I am a Kitchener resident I pickup the magnets we use for our minis straight from the distributor and not have to pay for shipping. So if you are interested in getting some let me know and I will do a bulk order and bring them to the Q`ermitt.

The info for the magnets are here (along with anything else you may be interested in): http://www.indigo.com/magnets/gphmgnts/Nd-small-disc-magnets.html

If I recall correctly, I typically use the D3 (3mm diameter) for the bases and the D5 (diameter) for the balls. They will not stick a miniature to a metal sheet but they will keep miniatures from being attracted to each other while on the pitch.

«END OFF TOPIC»

I am going to make this the last call before I make the order. Anyone wanting magnets let me know. The more we get the cheaper they will be, just a note. Check out the link above for details on the range being offered.

PS: @JRock: when I talked to Glenn at the CO he said he wanted $20 worth of the 'small' ones. This would mean 150 to 200 magnets!! Can you confirm with him that he wants this amount, or if he has a specific number in mind. Thanx.

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 04, 2009 - 07:46 PM

Vancouver, BC
      Eric.R. wrote:
I think you all should go back to school and get your PHD. Thats right, y'er Playa Hata's Degree. `Cause that is all y'all are.

The fact that you cannot handle all that I bring to the pitch is nothing to hate me for. Simply comfort yourself in the fact that a true champion will grace your presence, who will show how the game is really played. And, you should use the opportunity to learn the basics.

Envy appears to be your downfall and a defining traits of all the coaches who plan to attend. Luckily I shall never know it, as there will be little to be envious about as I will come out on top.

You guys have been pretty quite lately . . . geez, did I flaunt my superior skills too much all at once. I guess I should apologize . . . to Spazz, if no one shows up because of my presence. My bad Wink

Come on ladies!!! You are making this too easy.

smallsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 04, 2009 - 11:48 PM

No idea how to do the fancy things you guys do... Spazz I will be there for BOTH DAYS this year! Much to your joy so maybe I can stop hearing about it for the next year. But how is the the whole "Star Player" thing going this year.

Jesse / smalls

CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 05, 2009 - 08:21 AM

Canada
Spazz, question about the star player auction.

Lets say I'm playing Humans and I want to get either a Blitzer star or a Catcher star, depending on how the bidding goes. Does that mean that I have to leave a Blitzer spot and a Catcher spot open on my roster? If I wanted to have a total of 4 Blitzers and 4 Catchers, I'd have 3 of each on my roster. Then if I get a Blitzer in the auction I can buy a normal Catcher to fill-out my roster, while if I get a Catcher in the auction I can buy a normal Blitzer to fill-out my roster?

Makes sense to me, just want to make sure that this is how it is supposed to work.

Cramy

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 05, 2009 - 10:28 AM

Canada
@Eric - I guess they are going to concede to the fact that you are indeed the man! Way to intimidate the crowd!

@Jesse - good to hear that you are coming out for the whole tourney this year! Laughing I am sure Rod was quite understanding about the whole thing though. Rolling Eyes I am going to try out the Bidding War again this year again, only this time the Stars purchased may not buy additional skills at any point.

@ Marc-Andre - You are correct. You have the chance to spend unused money at the end of the Bidding War. Just make sure that you do not bid too high that you cannot purchase the eleventh player for your team!

If anybody is unclear about what anything to do with the Bidding War (or anything else), please be sure to ask!

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 05, 2009 - 01:16 PM

Canada
I think that this should go without saying, but I am going to say it anyways!

As the tourney is in my home, I ask that you all pay homage to Mrs. Spazz. She is okay with having it at the home, in fact it was her idea in the first place last year. But just make sure that you kiss her ass (not literally!) This goes double for any of you freeloaders who are staying over at the house! Smile

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 05, 2009 - 01:33 PM

Canada
Hey Spazz, it should go without saying but there are the Random Events like that guy you went to school with showing up and being a jackass to you last year. Didn't he want to fight you by the end of the night too? I am sure to have 3-5 of us for this tourney from the Ottawa area. Is it still cool to crash at your place again? Just want to confirm as it is in 2 weeks.

@Eric, I just spoke with Glenn and he definitely still wants the $20 in the smaller magnets if it is cool with you. Are you able to get base weights as well? I would have definite interest in them as many of my models will be of the plastic variety and it will help so models don't go flying like they did in our last game at CO when Glenn sent half the board flying. I think he did it on purpose to secure his victory Razz I'll have to return the favour I guess. Well off to play a game of Deathbowl talk to you later all.

Adam

CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 05, 2009 - 07:40 PM

Canada
Hey Spazz, so this year we can't give skills to the Stars? OK. Do you have an updated version of the rules somewhere? I'm using the ones on the web site, but they are last year's and still say that Stars can get an extra skill during the tournament. What else is different?

Oh, and I'm trying to figure-out what a Dark Elf catcher is. Eldril Sidewinder is a catcher, but DEs don't have catchers. How does that work?

And letting the Ottawa freeloaders stay at your place this year again would be absolutely great !!!

Cramy

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 06, 2009 - 06:52 AM

Canada
Just to be clear (and to not cause any concern amongst those who I have already arranged things with) the following people are fine to stay at my place:

Ottawa Boys
Niagra Falls Boys
Peter Meers
Lizardcore

Last edited by Spazzfist on Apr 06, 2009 - 07:43 AM; edited 1 time in total

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 06, 2009 - 07:01 AM

Vancouver, BC
If I could get a bunk that would be great. Though I can always stay with the parents to lessen the number of people that you will haying with you.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 06, 2009 - 07:44 AM

Canada
      Eric.R. wrote:
If I could get a bunk that would be great. Though I can always stay with the parents to lessen the number of people that you will haying with you.

<sigh> I suppose..... But only if you bring your midget movie! I know Laurent was dispapointed that he didn't get to watch it!

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 06, 2009 - 07:47 AM

Canada
      Cramy wrote:
Hey Spazz, so this year we can't give skills to the Stars? OK. Do you have an updated version of the rules somewhere? I'm using the ones on the web site, but they are last year's and still say that Stars can get an extra skill during the tournament. What else is different?

Oh, and I'm trying to figure-out what a Dark Elf catcher is. Eldril Sidewinder is a catcher, but DEs don't have catchers. How does that work?

The rules are the same as they are on the website with that one exception. I tried to stimulate some discussion on the forum, but it was pretty quiet! I know the only thing that people were vocal about was not allowing the Stars to have more skills, so that is gone.

For Eldril I would have to think about which position he most closely represents on a dark elf team. My guess would be the runners. Let me know if you disagree.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic