NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 15, 2024 - 09:00 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Fend. LOL. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
dwarfcoachOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 15, 2004 - 05:40 PM
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl

Erm, so I may be convinced to leave the land of fantastic fast food (you can't beat fish'n'chips Rolling Eyes ) to visit you guys for this tourney Shocked .
Is there an existing sign up list?
Do we know how many guys can attend?
Is there any idea of the cheapest (CHEAPEST!!!!!!!) place to stay nearby?
Any help for an Englishman looking to attend the furthest tourney he has ever been to.....??? Twisted Evil Wink Confused

224th at The World Cup II

Reply with quote Back to top
Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 17, 2004 - 02:12 PM

United States of America
No sign up list yet that I know of, there will be room for 40+ coaches according to the Prez Very Happy

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 18, 2004 - 03:38 AM

England
Is there a mailing list to sign up to so that those who are interested can get the details as soon as they are available? Or do we just have to keep checking here?

BUDOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 22, 2004 - 05:32 AM

All I know is I got my SPIKE ticket already, I'm sure glad I won that Canadian Open! woot woot!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Da_ScumOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 23, 2004 - 01:55 AM

Undisclosed
      dwarfcoach wrote:
Erm, so I may be convinced to leave the land of fantastic fast food (you can't beat fish'n'chips Rolling Eyes ) to visit you guys for this tourney Shocked .
Is there an existing sign up list?
Do we know how many guys can attend?
Is there any idea of the cheapest (CHEAPEST!!!!!!!) place to stay nearby?
Any help for an Englishman looking to attend the furthest tourney he has ever been to.....??? Twisted Evil Wink Confused

Heads up!

As I mentioned on TBB before I've got space here just BEGGING to be used by Bloodbowlers going to the big bash in Oakville...seeing as I'm only fifteen minutes from the location. And of course being THE Goblin Coach round here the place comes complete with English Pub in the basement with billard table and stocked fridges. (What people think I joke about something as serious as that? Sheesh! Very Happy )

So you need the crash space give a holler, no matter HOW far away you're coming from. Though I might charge a fee of a few pints. (Goblin rates being what they are these days... Wink )

And we are SO not letting the Elves get lucky a THIRD time! Very Happy

XtremeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 23, 2004 - 03:15 AM
Da Boss

United States of America
I may take you up on that offer Scum, if I can get things together in time, I should now after GenCon.

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 23, 2004 - 09:05 AM

Where were you when i asked on the last page if anyone had a place to crash in Toronto? Are you coming to the Deathbowl in November?

Da_ScumOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 23, 2004 - 11:30 AM

Undisclosed
      Zombie wrote:
Where were you when i asked on the last page if anyone had a place to crash in Toronto? Are you coming to the Deathbowl in November?

Probably in physio getting the torn up knee repaired from performing my duties in the service of the Queen. (What, you think that quote of mine was a joke? Rolling Eyes Went off an 8m obstacle rope completely wrong in full battle gear and with the sat-com, wham! It's why I'm here and not in parts overseas... Wink ) ROFL (ow!)

Offer stands for everyone as well, even people who've completely gooned me in the past...and those who've learned just how "Firm but Fair" my referees are. Besides you said Toronto and I'm Burlington, which is right next door to that small town of Oakville. Very Happy You can understand the confusion there.

And Deathbowl sounds like a wonderful idea, as this time I won't be on military duties to miss it! Provided you don't mind a goblin team fouling up the pitch... Laughing

ColinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 23, 2004 - 09:53 PM

Well, I was thinking of going down to T.O. for the Spike tourney, so would you mind an ogre from Alberta crashing at your gobbo hovel?? Sounds like it could be fun, but I might have to bring my CDs I brought to the BB in Nottingham. How far are you from the airport and how long does it take to get there from your place?? Is there any easy way (public transit) of traveling from the airport?? Anyway, thanks.

Hey, maybe some of you easterners should come out west to the NAF tourney being held in Calgary July 31 and Aug 1. Would be quite cool to get people outside of Alberta coming to this.

XtremeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 23, 2004 - 10:11 PM
Da Boss

United States of America
      Quote:
and those who've learned just how "Firm but Fair" my referees are.

I try and forget. Mad

Da_ScumOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 24, 2004 - 12:35 PM

Undisclosed
      Torg wrote:
Well, I was thinking of going down to T.O. for the Spike tourney, so would you mind an ogre from Alberta crashing at your gobbo hovel?? Sounds like it could be fun, but I might have to bring my CDs I brought to the BB in Nottingham. How far are you from the airport and how long does it take to get there from your place?? Is there any easy way (public transit) of traveling from the airport?? Anyway, thanks.

There should be room on the billards table somewhere. Wink

Of course Toronto's airport is the only one that has lousy access to public transit! The easy solution to that is get one of the buses to drag you back to downtown Toronto, and hop a train at Union station. (Seeig as by heading my way you get closer to the tournament.)

Quote:
Hey, maybe some of you easterners should come out west to the NAF tourney being held in Calgary July 31 and Aug 1. Would be quite cool to get people outside of Alberta coming to this.

That sounds rather tempting there...

BUDOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 24, 2004 - 12:57 PM

I don't think the WE's are making an appearance at the SPIKE there Mr. Scum... I'm getting a little tired of ending the game with 5 players on the pitch even though I haven't lost with them yet... so its gonna be either my trusty Dwarves this time around or some Necro's for you to beat up on!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject: 3rd Time's a Charm?  PostPosted: Jun 24, 2004 - 07:33 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
Maybe the Spike, my 3rd NAF tourney will get my Skaven thier first win. Will the "3rd time is a charm" work for me? Who knows. I do know something though if I do not have to play another Wood Elf team in a tourney I'll be happy ! (5-1 Loss to BUD, last Aug.) & (5-2 Loss to Twist past Feb.)

Or maybe I'll try a new team, hmmmm...

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

Da_ScumOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 24, 2004 - 08:25 PM

Undisclosed
      BUD wrote:
I don't think the WE's are making an appearance at the SPIKE there Mr. Scum... I'm getting a little tired of ending the game with 5 players on the pitch even though I haven't lost with them yet... so its gonna be either my trusty Dwarves this time around or some Necro's for you to beat up on!

Well with me it was only two you had left...if only the poor buggers on my team could actually pick up a ball for what...an entire half? Looniest game of "Keep-away" I have ever seen! Skull

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 24, 2004 - 08:28 PM

He only had two left at the Deathbowl final as well. Even though i can't take all the credit for that one, i think i did most of the damage!

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic