NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 24, 2024 - 06:50 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
12 men on the pitch? You've just been Egged! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Old_Man_MonkeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 08, 2005 - 04:59 PM

Undisclosed
So you guys can start making reservations, I've blocked a small group of suites at the Comfort Inn - UCF in Orlando. It's about 2.5 miles from the venue, has three beds per suite and is $79USD per night so when shared makes things pretty reasonable...

I'll have more details in an email to registered coaches in a day or so, and on the News page of the website: www.floridabloodbowl.com

Look forward to everyone coming around - only a month or so away now!

OMM

Reply with quote Back to top
Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 09, 2005 - 03:26 PM

United States of America
We're getting close! 30 days to go... Very Happy

91 days until the Episode III charity screenings Very Happy

One last obstacle to overcome before I book the flight...

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

Old_Man_MonkeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 10, 2005 - 11:54 AM

Undisclosed
Attention all coaches:

Sorry for the inconvenience but I have had router problems for the past several days which has prevented any updates to the TKC website... I should have this repaired by this evening but in the meantime, here is some information for those who need it:

a. The official hotel will be the Days Inn - Colonial Dr. in Orlando and I have booked eight suites that sleep three each with kitchens in my name - please let me know in the next two weeks if you would like one of these rooms. Please get all your friends together and I encourage everyone to be open to sharing a room with fellow coaches if we need it. The cost is $79USD per night and is about 2 miles from the Sci-Fi City venue;

b. I have the PayPal button all ready - once I can load the new pages! If you would like to pay your registration fee now, you can PayPal to my email address: jlanier@tampabay.rr.com. The PayPal setup can also accept Mastercard and Visa and the fee is $30.00 for NAF, $35.00 for non-NAF coaches.

Hope this helps - I'm getting started on trophies and prizes so as they evolve, I will post some hopefully enticing pics...

Again... sorry for the hassle and I am looking forward to seeing everyone in FLA soon!

Jim (Old Man Monkey)

redjackOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 16, 2005 - 04:06 PM

Welcome to your local guide to East Central Lustria! As a long-time resident of the area (I live about a mile east of the Days Inn hotel), I???d like to take this opportunity to waste some time that I should be using to paint up the rest of my team ??? oh, and to highlight some of the dining and drinking options of the ???hood. Smile

As you can see, the host Hotel is located on East S.R. 50 (also called Colonial Drive, John Cheney Hwy, and the 12th deadliest road in America???)

EDIT:
Question I hope this is the right hotel Question There's another Day's Inn on West Colonial/50... But that's further away, methinks... OMM?
/EDIT

The Days Inn is at the very point of the red check mark on the map. In reality, it???s just West of Alafaya Trail (aka 434) - the big sign was blown down in one of the hurricanes, but a smaller sign is in place. It???s the two story pink building just past the Ramada (if you???re coming from Alafaya???)

In the area are a number of dining and drinking establishments, as the University of Central Florida is just down the road (#7 is pointing the way on the map). Some examples are:

1: A shopping center, with a Publix supermarket on the East end, and a BlockBuster on the West End. Somewhere in the middle is a popular college Irish Sports pub called Devaney???s. Friday is Ladies night and Saturday is Karoke night! Shocked Just past/in front of the shopping center on the same side of the street is a KFC, a Denny???s, a Steak and Shake, and a Chili???s, plus one or two others that kinda blend in so I can???t remember??? Also, just north of here on Alafaya (just before Challenger Pkwy on the right) you???ll find Bubbalou's Bodacious Bar-B-Q ??? very good! Trophy

2: On the corner of Alafaya and 50, practically across the street from the hotel you???ll find a Wendy???s, and a couple other restaurants in the shopping center there. There???s also a Calico Jacks, for anyone wanting some oysters (I hear they have drinks there too???) Also a Dunkin??? Donuts Trophy on Alafaya, just around the corner if anyone wants a tasty breakfast treat. And how could I forget: Trophy Fratello???s is in here somewhere (we always get our pizza delivered from them, so I don???t know exactly where the store is) Great pizza and wings too ??? call 407-737-7775 for delivery.

3: Across from Devaney???s et al, there are a few more restaurant choices, such as Trophy Checkers, Pollo Tropical, Olive Garden, and I think a couple more. (Weird how you can drive by a place every day and not remember exactly what???s there???)

4: The Big Kazoo: Waterford Lakes Shopping Metropolis ??? Best Buy, Super Target, and many other stores ??? plus some pretty good (and not so good) restaurants: Red Lobster, Trophy California Pizza Kitchen, Trophy Too Jay???s Deli (GREAT sandwiches), Johnny Rockets, Macaroni Grill, and several others (I know there???s a Thai place that I haven???t tried, and some chain BBQ or steak place like Longhorn, and a Subway???)

5: Just past Waterford, there???s a slightly hidden shopping center (another Publix), that I mention only because my son works at Trophy Gator???s Dockside there??? Good wings, drink specials, and lots of sports on lots of TVs???

6: Great Chinese restaurant on the corner of Hwy 50 and Dean, called Trophy Ta Tungs. Cheesy plastic atmosphere in a converted DQ, but really good food and big portions. Get some to take back to the room!

7: Just north of the map, you???ll come to UCF and University Blvd. Turn left on University and you???ll find pretty much every other restaurant chain ever invented??? Hops is my favorite ??? good craft brewed beers and a decent steak. If you???re feeling adventurous, continue on down University (about 5.5 miles) to Goldenrod Rd. On the corner to your left there???s a Winn Dixie shopping center with a good liquor store (there???s others closer, but this is the one I like) AND the best Tex Mex restaurant in Florida: Trophy Tijuana Flats. Also, across the street is a Sonic Drive-In.

8: Just for completion???s sake, around the corner on Lake Underhill there???s a few more restaurants??? Ummm??? Boston Market, and some others (I never make it much past Waterford Lakes, except to go to Lowe???s which is over here too???)

There???s lots more??? If you don???t see something you???re looking for here, find me and ask!

Okay, Two dozen days to go. Back to painting??? Very Happy

Old_Man_MonkeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 16, 2005 - 07:20 PM

Undisclosed
Alright, RJ, way to go, baby! Awesome info!!! Personally I think Devaneys is in for a rude awakening when the brash Scotsman and the French invade on Friday night - I think Devaneys should be the official Friday night meeting place since we'll need a mixer of some sort to get introductions done properly...

Well done... and the OMM is back to trying to fix his @!#$%^$#&%$ network and router so he can join the rat race again!

Thanks again!
Jim

NorseOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 17, 2005 - 02:36 AM

United States of America
      Old_Man_Monkey wrote:
brash Scotsman

Shocked

who does he mean.. I'm a mild mannered Dutch bloke... Wink

I'll talk to Mrs N, but hooing up at Devaneys shouldn't be an issue! Very Happy

NorseOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 17, 2005 - 02:39 AM

United States of America
er.. wait a minute.. is it advisable for such good looking guys as us to hit a bar on ladies' night? Rolling Eyes

Old_Man_MonkeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 17, 2005 - 09:52 AM

Undisclosed
yeah right... I'm sure the local women will just be a-flutter at the sight of us...

redjackOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 17, 2005 - 01:20 PM

Hey, they're mostly college girls... Maybe they're into the geeky gamer look nowadays!

(Dunno - I'm back in classes at UCF at the tender age of 39. Most of em to me don't look old enough to drive... Shocked 'Sides, my dear wife frowns on me dating anyone but her...)

Hey! She's a lady! She can get cheap drinks on Friday night! WooHOO! Exclamation

ColinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 17, 2005 - 05:07 PM

I won't be getting into Orlando until 7:30 pm on Fri (because of a 3hr layover in Minniappolis, but the best flight I could get), hope that's not too late to meet up with everyone. I don't suppose I could talk someone into picking me up at the airport?

NorseOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 18, 2005 - 01:22 AM

United States of America
      Old_Man_Monkey wrote:
yeah right... I'm sure the local women will just be a-flutter at the sight of us...

Hey mister, I'm pretty buff these days.. Rolling Eyes

anyway, I'll have the lovely Mrs Norse with me... and she used to study Philipino stick fighting and JKD (whatever that is) so she can kick my ass and probably some drunk college girls too... Shocked

Ah yes, a long time since I saw a bitch fight... can hardly wait.. Cool

BenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 18, 2005 - 10:41 AM

Canada
OK, i finally got my ticket. I will be flying from Buffalo as the savings are great. I'll be paying $220.00 per ticket as opposed to $600.00 if i was flying out of Toronto. And Buffalo is only a hour and a half drive for me.
Anyway i'll be getting in on Thursday around noon with the gf so we'll probably go do the Disney thing or something.

See you all there,

Ben

Old_Man_MonkeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2005 - 01:45 AM

Undisclosed
@ Ben - attababy! Glad you finally got it togather here!

@ Torg - yes, someone can get you from the airport - it's about a 20 ride from the hotel.... pls PM with fight info when you can....

@ Norse - can I start the betting odds for the bitch fight with Mrs R a prohibitive favorite??? Very Happy

NorseOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 21, 2005 - 06:11 AM

United States of America
      Old_Man_Monkey wrote:

@ Norse - can I start the betting odds for the bitch fight with Mrs R a prohibitive favorite??? Very Happy

Luckily she is quite mild mannered these days... but a few years ago.. sheesh! Worship

anyway, discussed "ladies night at an Irish Bar" and she was quite receptive, surprisingly...

what time is everyone meeting there?

TimOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 21, 2005 - 06:42 AM

Germany
Just back from Orlando. I envy everyone going there in two weeks, it's a great place.

I can really recommend the Hulk Roller Coaster in Universal Islands of Adventure Wink

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic