NAF Logo
leftstar May 29, 2024 - 12:17 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Chaos team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TojurubOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 06, 2005 - 03:37 PM

Germany
@all....Mel and I just got a nice hint that for this venenomous frog-theme it might be coool if we would use gloss varnish on the skink of the lizzies.

I actually have brush gloss varnish on my desk, so I could brush it on. But I want to have confirmation and approval for all the minis I recived so far. I will do mine and Mel's mini (got his approval already). I just do the skin, no armour or creast plates!!!

I need the approval from Lars,Djengis, Crazy Goblin Girl, fuzzy spiral, LX2K, Musta Surma...and whoever put their mini in the mail already

2nd place Royal RumBBL 2015 and White Star Cup 2016
.....and now Ex-Vize-Prez

Reply with quote Back to top
Musta_SurmaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 07, 2005 - 04:44 AM

Before I say go ahead, then would it be possible to see the putcome of the two figures that you are trying it on first?

EmberbreezeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 07, 2005 - 06:27 AM

I will finish my skink tonight! I will move all other models off my desk so I don't get distracted and get it done Smile

Hag Graef Dragons Tournament Record 22:9:14 NAF Record 18:7:11
Silvania Suckers Tournament Record 8:2:11 NAF Record 5:2:11

ColinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 07, 2005 - 04:04 PM

If mine shows up, I say go ahead, he should look like the rest of the team.

TojurubOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 08, 2005 - 10:40 AM

Germany
ok...Sturmjarl's Saurus made it safe and sound over the pond....again...I will take pictures of the minis later (hopefully today)

DeathwingOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 10, 2005 - 10:38 AM
Former President

England
I'm finding it really difficult finding time to paint right now, but I am making progress here and there (got some more done last night, was odd man out so painted/spectated). Even so it'll probably be another fortnight before I'm done.

juck101Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 11, 2005 - 06:26 AM

England
nearly there.. like the main armour but the flesh is going to take my weekened commitment. will be done asap Pow

TojurubOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 12, 2005 - 02:21 AM

Germany
ok...I finally had some time to not anly take the pictures, but also post them in photobucket Very Happy

minis are from: Lars, Melifaxis and Sturmjarl

Mel and jarl must be brothers in mind...the two Sauri look alike (color wise) and also both have the raised plastic letters for name and number..... no critisism at all, just an observation Wink

I also applied the gloss varnish to Mel's and my mini (only to the skin). Just to show you the difference I took pictures of my mini again:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

as usual, the full set of images (four views) of all minis can be seen in teh WIP thread

TojurubOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 12, 2005 - 02:32 AM

Germany
I just had an idea.....I think it's a brilliant idea, but my opinion might be a little biased Wink

Can every participant write a paragraf about their mini? Some fluff about where the player/coach/cheeleader has hatched where he grew up and how he was hired by the team....mayeb some "minor league" stats to support the reasons might be nice...also give your player a name, maybe even a nickname.

I would like to use that for the story for the Fanatic magazine.

you can either PM me the thing, or e-mail or just write it in here Smile

There is no limit lengthwise. I really don't want to have a 10-page abstract of each player, but I also want a little more than two sentences

TojurubOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 12, 2005 - 09:07 AM

Germany
Today I got Torg's skink in the mail...of course it came 3 hours after I took the pictures of the other ones.

I will post the pictures a little later

ColinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 13, 2005 - 10:07 AM

Good to hear he arrived safe and sound.

LX2KOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 18, 2005 - 07:31 AM

Very Happy

I think it is a good idea to give figures a little story, mine will be written next week !

Alex

Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 18, 2005 - 08:40 AM

United States of America
Dendrolatus "The Bastard", #34:
Reptiles have unique ways of protecting themselves; for example, some lizards can lose their tails, chameleons employ camouflage, and turtles have hard, protective shells. But, Dendrolatus was just cruel from the moment of his oviparous birth.

At an early age, he was nicknamed, The Bastard, for his multi-patterned appearance. He didnt care. Soon he began to appreciate the name as it encouraged fear in those he bullied. His brute strength and passion for inflicting pain upon others protected him in his youth, and eventually landed him on Sotek's Scutes, a minor league Blood Bowl franchise.

The pitch became an instant home to Dendrolatus. He reveled in the glory of battle, and set a league record fourteen deaths by block and foul in his first season. But, he was often critiqued for overlooking the existence of the ball. In several instances he left it at his feet and ran off to blitz down an opposing player. "Handling the ball is for skinks," he would often insist. Then, one day the unthinkable happened.

As he barreled towards a tiny skink to relieve him of his life, the skink panicked and threw the ball. As it streaked towards his face, instinct took over and Dendrolatus' hands flashed upwards to grab the ball. He tucked it under his arm instinctively, as he had seen so many others do, and sent the skink to the sidelines on a stretcher. What happened next still confuses him somewhat as there were still other opponents on their feet. He streaked into the endzone and spiked the ball into the face of a nearby fan.

The glory of his first touchdown overwhelmed Dendrolatus, and opened his eyes to another aspect of gameplay. As his scoring statistics began to rise, so did the interest of scouts for more noteworthy squads. It was only a matter of time before he would earn his place on a team of legend; after all it was his legacy...

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

TojurubOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 18, 2005 - 10:40 AM

Germany
#14 Lippzzstik "Dotty" Darungula:

It was on a nice summer day when Lippzzstik hatched. His parents lived close to a small community Blood Bowl stadium and it happened quite frequently that pig-bladder-objects, halfings and goblins came through the window and more than once hit little "Dotty" in his nest. He basically came up with his own nickname, because in his native tounge "Dat'z teezz" means "broken glass" and whenever an inaccurate pass ended up in his room he told his parents about it. His lingual skills where not that evolved yet, so he just said "Dotty" and his parents stuck with it.

Having that stadium so close, it was obvious that curious Dotty wanted to know where to return these flying objects to. So he watched the local guys practise on a regular basis and learned a lot. When he got into high school he immediatelly became a star due to his complete understanding of the rules, the strategy and of course all the dirty tricks. As a freshman he scored a record of 27 TD during an 12 game season. As a sophomore he even topped that with 35 TD for the season. During the next two years he became THE allround talent of the school with records set for TD, Completions and Interceptions. Somehow he managed to get never hurt in any game during his entire career (some gossips have it that he never got into blocking at all).

Some scouts from the top leagues couldn't miss a talent like him and the offers skyrocketed when he got out of school. Since then he played for 5 different teams and each year his stats got better and better ...then the most anticipated call came: playing with the legends in THE Lizardmanteam of all times.....

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 19, 2005 - 06:11 PM

Undisclosed
Folks...I picked up a skink today from JayLazer and will be painting him up for the team. I don't want to be included in the drawing for winning the team...I just want to make a contribution. (I don't really deserve a shot at the team just getting involved now.)

Anyway, whover is collecting the painted models...please PM the mailing address, and it will be on its way next week.

Thanks. -Rob

NAF Member #5236
---

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic