NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 16, 2024 - 11:52 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Goblin team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Baccuus2099Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 08:04 AM

skaven27 wrote:
well all i am saying is that before you annouce a tourney the common sense would to figure out the details..... figuring the details and putting them into action is the hard and stressful part.....now i have spent money on a ticket for a tourney that i have no chance of winning that is not including gas, food, etc., because the organizers can't figure out if it one day two days or a year event...... i love to bb, i don't care the price of entery or the cost to get there , BUT WHAT PISSES ME OFF IS WHEN I TOLD ONE THING AND THEN THE SAME PEOPLE CHANGE THERE MINDS AND WASTE MY MONEY.... and if i was to run a tourney i would figure and arrange location, time, amount of days, and price before annoucing it....

COMMON SENSE.......

THE EASIEST THING TO USE IN LIFE BUT HARD FOR SOME

have a nice day all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I posted and anounced is the way it is, and if you are too stupid to understand that then that's your problem

Reply with quote Back to top
skaven27Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 08:05 AM

Canada
i'm not saying i could better but before getting people to spend their money that they work hard for, you figeur out what you are doing....

but i guess when it's not your money who cares

ps maybe may 26 you should change locations like the amount of days change

Baccuus2099Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 08:08 AM

skaven27 wrote:
i'm not saying i could better but before getting people to spend their money that they work hard for, you figeur out what you are doing....

but i guess when it's not your money who cares

ps maybe may 26 you should change locations like the amount of days change

Then back off! I am doing the best I can. What I have told you is what it is. I didn't know that GW was gunna change things around, how can I???

Gimme a break Bub, I can only do so much, and now that I have it finalized your not happy because what I gave in and was approved for was changed without my notice??!! how is this my fault, it is how I have posted it, it will be how I posted it, and that's the way it is!

How many time do I have to apologize for something that was out of my control??

Last edited by Baccuus2099 on May 09, 2006 - 08:09 AM; edited 1 time in total

skaven27Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 08:09 AM

Canada
first off all mr bucass!!! tickets are sold by those hosting the tourney and before i purchased 4 tickets i was told 1 day tourney which met the needs of those going to the tourney so i purchased..... if i knew the organizers could figure out if they were coming or going or trying to do both at the same time i would not of purchased a ticket.... i feel like i hire a blind contractor to build my house

skaven27Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 08:11 AM

Canada
the gentlman that organizes death bowl does an fabulous job organizing and i love the tourney and can't wait to go again..... maybe ask him

Baccuus2099Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 08:15 AM

I have organized a lot bigger tourneys than this Bub, and if ppl were not changing what I have given in and had approved then there wouldn't have been this problem now would there??

Think about it! If I tell you that a tourney is on these days because I was told that I had approval for those two days, then change your mind without telling me and change the info I give you to reflect this change (still not informing me of the change) how am I to blame?? How am I wrong??

Baccuus2099Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 08:17 AM

skaven27 wrote:
first off all mr bucass!!! tickets are sold by those hosting the tourney and before i purchased 4 tickets i was told 1 day tourney which met the needs of those going to the tourney so i purchased..... if i knew the organizers could figure out if they were coming or going or trying to do both at the same time i would not of purchased a ticket.... i feel like i hire a blind contractor to build my house

And BTW you were told wrong!!

BenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 08:27 AM

Canada
Well....All these strong words exchanged back and forth is really not neccessary.

Skaven 27 - I really understand where you are coming from and i would be very upset if i purchased tickets based on the tournament being a one day event and later being told it was a two day event.

I do feel for Bacuus as it is very hard to run a tourney with GW as i had experienced at the last Spike a few months back but...... You should have really been on their backs to make sure they have all the correct information and are advertising the tourney correctly.

I know i had to be and emailed them almost weekly to assure everything was on track for the previous Spike.

Being to busy with work is not a good excuse as you should not have taken the responsability if you weren't intending on putting the time into it.

When i organized the Canadian Open it took a lot of time and effort from finding a location, to designing boards, to finding prizes, desgining a website etc and believe me it was hard with having TWO jobs.

All the above items i noted was handled by GW so you didn't have to put the time in to do them.

This tourney unfortunately has been a big mix up and i hope if Bacuus decides to run a tourney again it does not involve GW as it make things very difficult.

I would like to attend as it is so close to me and i need a BB fix but i don't think it's worth it if most of my opponents will be arriving on Saturday.

Good Luck!

skaven27Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 08:32 AM

Canada
mr baccuus

if you have to submit something to someone and they change it is cause they have the final word.... and if working with gw is hard then why do you do? if i wald into a wall i stop turn in a different direction and continue to walk i don't keep on walking into the wall.....

once biting , twice shy

Baccuus2099Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 08:37 AM

All I can tell you is that I have done the best I can. GW has messed things up more than once and My Team and I have gotten things straightened out each time.

I think WE ALL know how GW messes things around at times, but all has been worked out. The tourney is how I have posted, with the rules I have posted.

skaven27Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 08:38 AM

Canada
not according to gw

WolfhowlOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 08:38 AM

Baccuus2099 is doing the best he can to keep this tourny the way it should be, a 2 day event. With GW changeing things around behind his back and not keeping us informed.

The Dates, times, and places are now Set in Stone.

skaven27Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 08:50 AM

Canada
Wolfhowl,

sorry to say but since day one when the spike was announced they said 1 day and they are still saying one day..... friday only counts for naf rankings

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 08:56 AM

Canada
So who the hell is this Blank Page guy, and why is he saying that the tournament is cancelled?

Also, there is still the issue of this thing even being NAF sanctioned. Cyberhare said that it would take a nod from Woody to make it so, but we have not heard anything yet. So what is up with that?

And Baccus, while I can understand your frustration, you do have to try to see it from the perspective of the people who are tgrying to book their time off, etc. to make it to this tournament which seems forever thrown into chaos. Granted, it is laregely the fault of GW, I remember my experience with them trying to book the Q'ermitt at the Bunker last year, and they screwed me out of that. Never again!

The biggest problem here is that there seem to be so many people involved in this, each of them is saying something different. You seem to be the person in charge of this, but then why are there other people telling us what is going on? If these are MOBB members, then tell them to back off, and let's hear the info from one person - you.

As Ben said, we all lead busy lives, so rather than challenging people to do better jobs, accept that things have happened and do the best you can to make it better. Don't sour things by getting itno flame wars with the people who are planning on coming to your tourney!

I think the big lesson to be learned here is to never plan a tourney where too much is dependant on GW. Ben, myself and now Baccus have learned the hard way. They just don't care. Another reason that the Spike! tourney should be run by NAF separate and apart from GW.

Skaven27 - I understand your frustration, but do have to say that it is not just Baccus making excuses when he says that GW keeps screwing him over. They are a clueless bunch. They really are. <sent you a a PM>

Let's just get through this one, and then take Spike! away from GW.

Spazz

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Baccuus2099Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 09:01 AM

AMEN Spazzfist! At the end of the tourney this year there will be a questionaire/list going around trying to get Spike away from Games Day.

I will also be trying to get it away from GW so that WE ( the players) never have to get into this situation again.

Wolfhowl for everyones information is the one person on my team who has been there with Corey and Myself trying to get all this straightened out, he has heard everything going on from My end and what I have been told from GW's end.

And Spazzfist I agree NEVER AGAIN if GW is involved!

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic