NAF Logo
leftstar May 23, 2024 - 01:00 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Fractured Leg! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CramyOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Lakeside Cup - July 26 & 27  PostPosted: Jul 27, 2008 - 07:44 PM

Canada
Thanks Peter for a great tournament. I had a blast. Will try to make it out again next year.

Cramy

Reply with quote Back to top
LizardcoreOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Lakeside Cup - July 26 & 27  PostPosted: Jul 27, 2008 - 07:44 PM

What an interesting post Very Happy

So, finally, Jo was true, I wasn't good enough to bring team west to the win, but, definetely, it's a good thing that his teamates didn't relied on him, as for "lil pup" btw.

That was a great tournament, thanks a lot to pete and his wife, and all coaches for an awesome Week end (maybe a bit to farty, should have brought a gaz mask).

I'm second again, beaten by leithan superstar, but I made his teamate payback.

a last world for mister "star gate" dagostino: could you please return richard dean anderson ? apparently he ended up in an unexpected rectal-star gate that just appeared in your pants this WE Wink

I guess we should train eric for next year, and maybe have him playing kehmri Very Happy

And btw, I switch to canada, so notorious_jtb is no more first...

Last edited by Lizardcore on Jul 27, 2008 - 09:54 PM; edited 3 times in total

jrock56Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Lakeside Cup - July 26 & 27  PostPosted: Jul 27, 2008 - 08:32 PM

Canada
HAHAHA!, a bit too farty! Nice Laurent.

Peter thank you very much to you and your wife for everything, you guys were overly accomidating and I had a blast. Although my personal record could have been better...that's this game sometimes though. Loved the concept of the tourney, the comraderie is always fun, all the work you put into the tourney is definitely appreciated. I'll be back for sure next year and will properly represent the East...but we did win after all so all in all I don't feel so bad.

Thanks too everybody for the good times as always, see you all soon

PS bring your earplugs!!! lol King

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Lakeside Cup - July 26 & 27  PostPosted: Jul 28, 2008 - 09:22 AM

Canada
Now that a bit of time has passed and I have thought things over a bit more, I think that I would have changed one of my votes for the awards at the end of the tourney.

Let me preface by noting that the East boys tend to do much better than the West in tourneys and so we did not expect the tourney to be as nail-bitingly close as it was! The fact that the West could have won if I had not failed a GFI with a free reroll still haunted me as I tried to sleep last night! The east certainly has some dominant players on their team including the top ranked coach in Canada (Notorious JTB). I think that the east could have made this tourney a blowout, and even have made it so that after the first day that it was going to be impossible (or next to) for the West to catch up, which then makes it less exciting for everyone.

But it was Mr. Notorious who deserves some special recognition in this regard. This is the number one coach in Canada, this is the man who won the last Deathbowl with goblins. Goblins. Yet in a very sporting attitude he decided to take a team that he completely sucked with in order to be more sporting and to make the tourney more interesting for us all. Good on you Joe.

Despite screaming in my ear and nearly busting an ear drum at the point of my failed GFI, I still think that you should get the Sporting award. Your complete inability to win a game (Eric notwithstanding) shows an altruistic spirit in making the tourney more fun for us all!

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Lakeside Cup - July 26 & 27  PostPosted: Jul 28, 2008 - 09:39 AM

Vancouver, BC
I will give it to Joe. He did help coach me through a tough battle. Though I think it was the fact that the faster I scored the more time would score Razz

Diaperman778Offline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Lakeside Cup - July 26 &  PostPosted: Jul 28, 2008 - 10:17 AM

Spazzfist wrote:
But it was Mr. Notorious who deserves some special recognition in this regard. This is the number one coach in Canada...

Shouldn't the "is" be a "was" considering that Lizardcore has now aligned himself with the mapleleaf?

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Lakeside Cup - July 26 &  PostPosted: Jul 28, 2008 - 11:39 AM

Canada
      Diaperman778 wrote:
      Spazzfist wrote:
But it was Mr. Notorious who deserves some special recognition in this regard. This is the number one coach in Canada...

Shouldn't the "is" be a "was" considering that Lizardcore has now aligned himself with the mapleleaf?

I stand corrected! (By a diaper-clad man no less....) Last I checked, Laurent was stiill listed under France, but now he is ranked as #1 in Canada (and this is not even including his stats from the Lakeside Cup.

Ug. this probably means that we are going to be seeing a LOT of Joe's orcs for the next while as he tries to catch up with Laurent!

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Notorious_jtbOffline
10 Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Lakeside Cup - July 26 &  PostPosted: Jul 28, 2008 - 01:04 PM

Canada
Wow, I do seem to be quite Notorious, non?

It is all very flatering Wink

Despite my rats(skunks) behaving poorly the weekend was very fun, and many thanks to Peter and Tami for being marvelous hosts! I truly felt very welcome and wonderfully cared for.

With regard to my performance, it was always about the team. I did exactly what was required of me to gain a victory for the EASTSIDE!
4real!

I am glad I was able to help Eric get his trophy, that made me feel very proud Laughing
He was very unfortunate to roll like I had in previous games Crying or Very sad

@ Spazz, don't beat yourself up, a quick calculation of the TDs scored by each team showed that even if you had made that roll the EASTSIDE would still have won on TDs scored, by 65 TDs - 59 TDs. (wins have to be even if scores are tied).
p.s. I was planning on using that altruistic line myself Wink
p.p.s. Sorry about the ear drum Embarassed

@ Lizardcore. Welcome to Canada! Nice to have some serious competition Laughing Laughing Laughing
That stargate line, ouch Surprised

@ Clan-Skaven, well it certainly felt like the Universe was ending on saturday, guess I didn't have enough incentive. I may possess more next time............

@ Diaperman, enjoy the warpstone buddy. Next time all you'll be eating will be my touchdowns Cool

@ Team Eastside. Good work on keeping it interesting ladz. Way to go, much better to give you oponents hope and to snatch it away at the last second than to crush them into the ground in just 3 rounds Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

jrock56Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Lakeside Cup - July 26 &  PostPosted: Jul 28, 2008 - 04:44 PM

Canada
There is one point that has not been made as of yet, Some of the Westside had there best tournament and talk of how we could have blown them out, and some of the East had there worst tournament by far and yet the simple fact is that the East still won despite the West's best efforts they could bring forth. Next year normalcy will resume and it will surely be that blowout you so desire.

Anyhow boys take it easy and hope to see some of you at Niagaroth in September

Adam

Shadowseer2005Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 28, 2008 - 07:42 PM

Amazing tournament Pete. Best one I have been at so far. Give my thanks to Tammy for the amazing array of food and putting up with us smelly and snore-agores. I will definately be back next year.

Bongo Bowl
www.rubli.ca/bongo-bowl

Power of "1" 2010 - Champion
Canadian Open 2010 - Champion
Canadian Open 2010 - Most CAS
Challenge of Qermitt 2007 - Most CAS

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 29, 2008 - 07:01 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
Sorry for the late reply, ....

Awsome job Peter, big thanks to yourself & your wife for a very awsome weekend!

I look forward to next year, !

Peter I came up with some number crunching for next year if different numbers show up, send me a pm if interested in hearing my ideas.

Congrats to the East, but also us in the West only lost by a slim 3 points, so I think a congrats is needed to my team mates as well. Lets home next year can be as close as this year!

Rod

Thanks once again to all!

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 30, 2008 - 05:48 AM

Canada
Awesome job Peter (and more importantly Tammy for the food),
Had fun, and was very full when I left (which is not an easy feat for me). Will gladly be there next year.
Hopefully the stench cleared out of the house in a reasonable amount of time and you weren't forced to sleep with the lingering smell or anything.

CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 01, 2008 - 10:09 AM

Canada
When will the rankings get entered? Looking forward to see how many tourneys I have to go to to get ahead of JTB and his Orcs. Wink

Cramy

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 01, 2008 - 10:20 AM

Canada
      Cramy wrote:
When will the rankings get entered? Looking forward to see how many tourneys I have to go to to get ahead of JTB and his Orcs. Wink

not just me, but laurent and his Rats! they migrated from France.

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 08, 2008 - 06:56 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
Pete not too sure what you did but the results from the tourney for me anyway are kinda messed up

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic