NAF Logo
leftstar May 23, 2024 - 04:52 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
New coach needed for Chaos All-Stars. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 06, 2009 - 06:18 PM

Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:
      Cramy wrote:
Hey Spazz, so this year we can't give skills to the Stars? OK. Do you have an updated version of the rules somewhere? I'm using the ones on the web site, but they are last year's and still say that Stars can get an extra skill during the tournament. What else is different?

Oh, and I'm trying to figure-out what a Dark Elf catcher is. Eldril Sidewinder is a catcher, but DEs don't have catchers. How does that work?

The rules are the same as they are on the website with that one exception. I tried to stimulate some discussion on the forum, but it was pretty quiet! I know the only thing that people were vocal about was not allowing the Stars to have more skills, so that is gone.

For Eldril I would have to think about which position he most closely represents on a dark elf team. My guess would be the runners. Let me know if you disagree.

OK, no additional skills for stars sounds good to me.

Eldril representing a DE runner also sounds good.

Thanks.

Cramy

Reply with quote Back to top
LizardcoreOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 07, 2009 - 04:08 PM

I guess I have to call peter, doesn't he have internet ? the web might be available at cobourg now ? no ? Wink

@ spazz: I guess it's more simple to paye the fees in cash the day of the tournament, hope it's ok for you.

marc-andré ! prêt pour la fessée ?

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 07, 2009 - 05:54 PM

Canada
      Lizardcore wrote:

marc-andré ! prêt pour la fessée ?

Hey now! you guys had better not be conspiring against me in your devil-tongue now! Mad Laughing

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 07, 2009 - 08:31 PM

Canada
Ah oui, prêt pour la fessée. Wink La question est qui va donner une fessée à qui!!! ?

Don't worry Spazz ...

Cramy

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 08, 2009 - 06:18 AM

Canada
Don't worry spazz,

Lizardcore said to cramy "loan for the smacking?"

then Cramy said "Ah yes, loan for the smacking. The question is which will give a smacking to which!"

p.s. babelfish not my new and improved french skills Embarassed

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 08, 2009 - 07:24 AM

Canada
If my fencing training from many moons ago serves me correctly then "prêt" means "prepare" or "ready".

So loosely translated:

L: Get ready to be smacked.
C: Ah yes, I am ready to be smacked.

I hope they are not talking about Sugar Smacks, because Q'ermitt will not allow Dig 'Em the frog anywhere near the tourney....

CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 08, 2009 - 08:22 AM

Canada
No, I will not agree to be smacked. Spazz's version is almost what we said, but not quite. Although we are playing with words a bit ...

Joe, no we are not taking a loan for a smacking. That was pretty funny. The other day somebody told me that those online translation tools were getting better ... Well I guess that they need to work on them still. Smile

L: Ready for a smacking?
C: Yes, ready for a smacking. But who will smack who?

Cramy

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 09, 2009 - 06:21 AM

Canada
Ah well. I thought my translation sounded wierd Laughing

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 09, 2009 - 07:34 AM

Canada
Played a game with Chris Pynter last night and he is doing osme of the good missionary work and has a new recruit who he is training in the fine art of Blood Bowl. The noob said that he just might some on out for the tourney, so hopefully there will be some new blood to embarass the lot of ya!

CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 09, 2009 - 01:56 PM

Canada
What language was that Spazz? What's an osme? And yes, I'm worried that somebody will "some on out". According to Joe's translation tool, that would mean "someone on top of outside". Sounds dangerous.

Who is Chris Pynter? Don't know anybody who's last name is Pynter ... Razz

New players is always good. Can't wait. Still trying to figure-out what my roster will be though ...

Does harassing the TO count for the Smack-Talk trophy?

Cramy

Shadowseer2005Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 09, 2009 - 02:06 PM

Smack talk...what smack talk....you guys have been very quiet on that front. It must be because you all know that the Red Rage has decided not to attend the Q'ermitt in order to give another team some glory otherwise if they attended there would only be 2 trophies to compete for....2nd and 3rd. You lot do not know what cold and freezing pain and punishement is until you face the Rage.

Just ask Spazz....he gets spanked by them every time he plays versus them. You coaches ( and I use that term loosely) can relax as I know you would have been shaking in fear of the Rage if they were attending.

Bongo Bowl
www.rubli.ca/bongo-bowl

Power of "1" 2010 - Champion
Canadian Open 2010 - Champion
Canadian Open 2010 - Most CAS
Challenge of Qermitt 2007 - Most CAS

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 09, 2009 - 11:00 PM

Vancouver, BC
Red Rage indeed . . . if by that you mean your team is a bunch of girls PMS'ing. I do not fear them, and it is too bad that they will not make it out (I guess it is not the right time of the month) cause then I could add another name to the list that will succumb to my superiority.

As for the Smack! trophy, I am going to win that award twice that weekend: Once for talking the best trash. And again, for smacking all you sorry excuse for coaches back into your places. On top of all that I will bring some Sugar Smacks! just so y'all can not only Hear the Smack! and Feel the Smack!, but you will also Taste the Smack!.

LizardcoreOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 09, 2009 - 11:43 PM

Eric.R. wrote:
y'all can not only Hear the Smack! and Feel the Smack!, but you will also Taste the Smack!.

hum... does that mean you're eating junk food since the C.O. to just release all your pressure during the tournament ? OMG, I'm bringing a gaz mask... Hope noone is going to light a match, orelse spazz'basement is just going to blow out...

I'm wandering, aren't you classified as a biological weapon ?

I think the smack talk trophy shouldn't have a mouth shape, but an anus shape for eric Smile ...or a MANUS ! (mix between a mouth and a anus).

Hum, that's a sweet nickname for you eric ! the MANUS !

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 10, 2009 - 02:30 PM

Canada
HAHAHAHAHA!!! I have to admit that was pretty good Laurent... MANUS!! Too funny. Don't think I can come up with anything better than that at the moment.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 10, 2009 - 09:04 PM

Canada
Manus! LOL that is freakin funny!

For the record the Smack Talk trophy (in whatever form it takes) is awarded for all of the banter that takes place before the tourney begins. The idea is to try to generate some hype before the tourney.

Any smack-talk during the tourney will be considered towards the "Most Entertaining" trophy. which is the bastardized evolution of the Most Sporting trophy.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic