NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 25, 2024 - 08:04 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Ask Lord Borak rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
skaven27Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 09:07 AM

Canada
just one thing every1 knows that games day is a way day event so why try and work it out on a day like that

Reply with quote Back to top
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 09:13 AM

Canada
      Baccuus2099 wrote:

-A NAF rep is supposed to be comming to this (word from above)

But this still does not answer the question:

is this tournament NAF sanctioned (ie will it be counting for rankings)?

I know that for some people it does not matter so much, and I may attend even if it doesn't (although like Rod said, I will probably have the best tourney record of my life!) But we still gotta know...

Please get official word from Woody.

Thanks

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

BenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 09:16 AM

Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:

I know that for some people it does not matter so much, and I may attend even if it doesn't (although like Rod said, I will probably have the best tourney record of my life!) But we still gotta know...

Thanks

LMAO

Who you fooling?

Baccuus2099Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 09:18 AM

I am trying to find out that info Spazzfist, and I will relay it to you all as soon as I know.

skaven27Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 09:30 AM

Canada
the question i have to ask is who is going to give

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 09:38 AM

Canada
      Ben wrote:
      Spazzfist wrote:

Thanks

LMAO

Who you fooling?

Nobody!

I have not had a great tournament record to be sure, so that means that my record can only get better, right? I think my orcs were plagued by bad luck (and a fair measure of poor decisions on my part I will admit). But I am pleased with my results with the Rotters at the last Deathbowl! I mean, they are not a tourney-winning team, but I was able to beat Gken in OT, and he is ranked #1 in the States!

Keep laughing Ben, it will make my beating you all the sweeter when it happens! Wink

TaxalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 09:52 AM

Canada
Well all in all it just sucks the big one.
Myself and Brie will still be coming down to play since we have bought our tickets already. We will still only play on Saturday. I do not like the idea that there is basically no chance in winning this thing, but I am not wasting my hard earned cash to not play in what I am calling a total mess of a tournament.
I will stay out of blaming anyone for this, and I ask everyone else to do the same. Remember it is just a game!
I have organized tournaments in the past and one of the largest leagues in Canada ( 32 players ), so I know what fustration and anger can do to people.
Know matter what you do, you will never be able to make everyone happy.
I ask everyone to stop the petty argueing and lets all get our BB fix that weekend and look to the future, and lets all see what we can all do for next years Spike.

I will see you all in a couple of weeks with my Ogres (Circus Freaks ).

Taxal

WolfhowlOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 10:49 AM

So Moot it be Taxal.

Just to let everyone know, you do not have to face the horror that is the Knights of the Crimson King, (or KoCK for short lol)

I have been asked to be the ref for the tournament.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 11:05 AM

Canada
[quote="Wolfhowl"]So Moot it be Taxal.

Just to let everyone know, you do not have to face the horror that is the Knights of the Crimson King, (or KoCK for short lol)[quote]

As long as we do not have to face the horror of that Scottish accent you had on at the Canadian Open! Wink

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 11:16 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      Baccuus2099 wrote:
BACK OFF BUB
You try organizing this while working as long as I do every day!

All I see is you complaining that ppl don't know what they're doing, well lets see you do a better job!

You want him to do a better job in what a couple of weeks?.....

Not a very logical challenge. Confused Rolling Eyes

Also if you work such long hours why even bother putting yourself through this? I while at my old job wanted to start planning my tourney with in the next year. Then without warning NO JOB!!! So my BB tourney idea was put on the back burner, now with my current job I never know where I'm working & for how long.

My point is, if you know your time restraints are too much for you to run a tourney why do it. I know that untill I get a job, more local/steady I'm not going to even bother running a tourney.

Why, you ask? Simple! Word of mouth & 1st impression. Word of mouth can be anyone's best & worst advertisement (mess something up, take a guess what one will it be?) 1st. Impression, well we all have had that meeting people from time to time, apply that to a BB tourney run by someone your meeting for the 1st time.

I'm not trying to insult anyone here, but I know I wouldn't try & run a BB tourney till I knew without a doubt that there was going to be no problems (or at least no major problems) happening at the last minute.

Now as far as Anthony 27 being pissed off, hell ya I see why, do I think its warrented? Yes, but Anthony you have vented on him & made your point no need to blast him anymore. (I have met Athony in real life (competed against him in the final DB round last fall, I can tell you he seemed to a very calm fellow "even when my dirty player fouled out his Rat-Ogre" so for him to get this rialed up is IMO not just a common thing.

Ok & Baccus, you do not deserve to be insulted anymore than anyone else here does. But you may have brought it on yourself (again not saying you deserve it) just as I stated (& by Anthony), if you set out final rules & it turns out not to be final, then its final only not to be final, then your gonna have the answers on a set day , only not to have the answers, don't you think if you were in Anthony's position you would alittle pissed off too?

Also you tell Anthony all he is doing is complaining & pointing the finger.... "hmm sound familiar?" Was that not all you have done since all the problems have arose with GW? (You have insulted them repeatedly & complained about them over & over) Have you taken any responcability for the mess up (not saying all, but your telling me it's 100% GW's fault? Even for a Dunder-head organization like GW, I still don't think they would be 100% responsable for this mess) Was it GW that posted the "final" rules here? (twice) was it GW that said all answeres would be answered on such date? (without at least a post saying , "sorry still working on an answer , won't have it today (Monday) will have ASAP") No it was not....
So can you expect Anthony not to point the finger when thats all your doing?

Hate me if you want, be pissed at me if you will, I'm just stating it as I see it.

Rod

PS: Whats with the "Bub" thing? Do you think your Wolverine? Wink Laughing Laughing

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

skaven27Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 11:36 AM

Canada
thanks rod..... i want to put blame or chew out some1 for trying to put on a tournament.... like taxal said you can't please every1..... i wouldn't even try.... and rod your dirty player has kept my rat ogre from preforming well in any game i have played since the tourney... he seems to find his way into the ko box by second turn and can't find his way out...

what i find irritating is that gw has posted rules, time, and place for the tourney saying it is a naf tourney.... but on the naf touney postings it ain't there.... so what is the big fuss in making a one day tourney,which people could attend to a two day tourney where people have to miss work....

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 11:48 AM

Canada
      skaven27 wrote:
so what is the big fuss in making a one day tourney,which people could attend to a two day tourney where people have to miss work....

Can..... open! Worms ...... everywhere! Razz

skaven27Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 11:55 AM

Canada
i meant what is the big fuss on leaving it a one day tourney where people could attend without missing work

WolfhowlOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 11:59 AM

Spazzfist wrote:

As long as we do not have to face the horror of that Scottish accent you had on at the Canadian Open! Wink

LOL!!!!!!!

I make no promises about that.

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 12:02 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      skaven27 wrote:
thanks rod..... i want to put blame or chew out some1 for trying to put on a tournament.... like taxal said you can't please every1..... i wouldn't even try.... and rod your dirty player has kept my rat ogre from preforming well in any game i have played since the tourney... he seems to find his way into the ko box by second turn and can't find his way out...

what i find irritating is that gw has posted rules, time, and place for the tourney saying it is a naf tourney.... but on the naf touney postings it ain't there.... so what is the big fuss in making a one day tourney,which people could attend to a two day tourney where people have to miss work....

Well as stated before it is a big mess (your now in a a one day out of maybe two day tourney that may or may not be NAF approved) so yes I see your frustrations. But like I said unless you can get GW to refund you, your stuck with what you got, nothing will be solved by venting anymore, I suggest just go (if you are still going at all) & have fun on the one day (so you can't win the tourney with playing 3 out of 6 games, if you play 3 & Spazz plays 6 I bet you will still beat him.)) Wink Laughing

Also if your there you get to see all the exibits (ya great woooo-hooo Rolling Eyes ) & all the GW SHEEP (sheep being those customers that yell , scream, dance or whatever the GW clown on the mic demands of them!) Heck with all that to see how could you have time to play anything let alone BB! Wink Laughing Rolling Eyes

Anthony , try if you can to put this behind you & if you still go, start a clean slate & try & enjoy yourself.

(the only suggestion I can make is have a separate champion "call it a league cup" or the "confusion cup" (name is unimportant, what it stands for is, have the 2nd championship awarded to the best player competing in the Sat. only day.) So if your there for both days you compete for the SPIKE TROPHY & if your there for one day your standings will be only vs other 1 day people for the SPIKE league cup. If you decide to do this still have the tourney run normally & still have ppl from the tourney play each other on the 2nd day from both the 1-2 day competitors. Just as for the championship it gives those with the extra games handicap something to shoot for ..... I think if this was done it would make ppl happy.

PS, Baccus don't leave this up to GW, make sure you have an odd man out available every round to jump in a game if needed. I have seen GW mess that up b4.

Rod.

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic