NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 22, 2024 - 09:12 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
No sir, this isn't my Death-Roller. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 21, 2011 - 08:40 PM

Canada
      Notorious_jtb wrote:

Starting to feel a bit like the last player picked in pe/gym class Smile

Not sure what I want to play, but it looks like there might be additional interest in the races I have had the most success with...........

Fortunately with only 6 guys on the team that leaves a lot of nice races.

Not at all jtb, in fact I would gladly let you represent Orcs seeing as your the highest ranked coach with them in CA. I was just throwing it out there as Norse, Skaven, Chaos Dwarf are solid options for those 3 players to take as they have had good success with them. I'm flexible with what I take and would even consider Undead or Necro if necessary.

Reply with quote Back to top
jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 21, 2011 - 08:47 PM

Canada
      L3athalK wrote:
Hey this is Leathan, had my NAF name changed because I could not sign in with it. I think I have my choices down to three teams, Lizards, Undead, or Zons. Will try to get as many games in with each and see what works out best.

Hey Leathan, that's a different 3 teams than I'm used to seeing you play although you have played Amazon before against me. With the rules that I read for the World Cup Undead and Zons would be pretty strong choices for sure. Lizards would be a little more challenging with only 3 regular skills to start with. As they develop they can become pretty strong but initially can be somewhat vulnerable. Just my 2 cents of course, whatever works best for you is what we want you to bring Very Happy Can't wait now that I'm back in!! See you guys soon

Last edited by jrock56 on Feb 22, 2011 - 08:10 PM; edited 1 time in total

ChewblockaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 22, 2011 - 05:15 PM

Undisclosed
      jrock56 wrote:
LOL!..but the secret weapon is the GNOME! Guess you didn't get the message since you were still able to win yesterday :D Seriously though, really excited. Should be awesome and I don't see too much problem with you taking Chaos Dwarves myself. Have to get this league going to practice as well.

Oh, but I did get the message. That's why I brought the Chaos Dwarfs and not the Halflings... or the Weeping Wood Elves.

I was talking with Daggers today about setting up the league and maybe communicating via Facebook to organize games and such. Maybe start an Ottawa Blood Bowl group so that we can make announcements and such. It will be up soon.

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 22, 2011 - 08:17 PM

Canada
      Zap_Rowsdower wrote:

Oh, but I did get the message. That's why I brought the Chaos Dwarfs and not the Halflings... or the Weeping Wood Elves.

I was talking with Daggers today about setting up the league and maybe communicating via Facebook to organize games and such. Maybe start an Ottawa Blood Bowl group so that we can make announcements and such. It will be up soon.

LOL! True enough I guess...got you to revert back to those Chaos Dwarves, lucky me! Will talk to you more about league and such soon. Have to choose team I will take to World Cup as well so I can practice up with them too. Glenn and I were talking about helping each other with gameplay, roster building game theory and such throughout the year up to the World Cup to get everyone into "Game Shape" so to speak Laughing Can only help all of us fine tune our games I would think.

LizardcoreOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 23, 2011 - 06:47 AM

I'll be available later on this year (after april) to play a couple of games on line on BBEL or botocs Wink

I can also comment on your rosters if you want.

L3athalKOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2011 - 04:05 PM

Canada
Hi, I was just wondering if we are the Ottawa/Gatineau Canada team or the South/Eastern Ontario team? Also, does anyone know who is on the other team? Thanks, Leathan.

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2011 - 06:45 PM

Canada
The other team is currently empty. Joe just registered it in the hopes of getting enough Canadians to make two teams. Right now it will likely be filled by players from the west coast if they make a team.

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2011 - 07:26 PM

Canada
We are the Ottawa/Gatineau Canada Team L3athalK. That name needs to be changed if possible at some point but that is our name currently. We need to come up with a REAL team name cuz I don't want to be called that for 9 games Razz Originally there was more interest from the Southern Ontario guys to go as well so demographically was the easiest way to seperate I think.

L3athalKOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2011 - 09:19 PM

Canada
Ok Cool, I was a little confused when I saw that. Also, I really like Undead and have been tearing it up on fumbbl with them. So if it's alright, I'd like to reserve those guys.

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2011 - 10:55 PM

Canada
      L3athalK wrote:
Ok Cool, I was a little confused when I saw that. Also, I really like Undead and have been tearing it up on fumbbl with them. So if it's alright, I'd like to reserve those guys.

No worries man, and if your comfortable with Undead that's all good from my end. Guess it is just Joe and myself that need to talk now.

So far we have:

Glenn- Norse
Colin- Skaven
Mark H- Chaos Dwarves
Leathan- Undead
Joe- ???
Adam- Dwarves (What I'm thinking, unless there is opposition to taking them)

ChewblockaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 26, 2011 - 12:20 AM

Undisclosed
      jrock56 wrote:

No worries man, and if your comfortable with Undead that's all good from my end. Guess it is just Joe and myself that need to talk now.

So far we have:

Glenn- Norse
Colin- Skaven
Mark H- Chaos Dwarves
Leathan- Undead
Joe- ???

So are you going to get a plane ticket for your gnome too, or are you going to sneak him through in your suitcase?

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 26, 2011 - 01:04 AM

Canada
      Zap_Rowsdower wrote:
      jrock56 wrote:

So far we have:

Glenn- Norse
Colin- Skaven
Mark H- Chaos Dwarves
Leathan- Undead
Joe- ???

So are you going to get a plane ticket for your gnome too, or are you going to sneak him through in your suitcase?

HAHA! Carry On is what I was thinking...he needs to bask in the ambience of the whole trip for others to appreciate his influence with Nuffle Wink

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 26, 2011 - 09:38 AM

Canada
If the Gnome is going, then the Dwarves shall be played. Nuffle has spoken, they are the chosen ones. And Joe will likely bring Orcs, but thats just a hunch.

generaljasonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 28, 2011 - 05:43 AM

British Columbia, Canada
      Dwarfrunner wrote:
The other team is currently empty. Joe just registered it in the hopes of getting enough Canadians to make two teams. Right now it will likely be filled by players from the west coast if they make a team.

Is this still the case? My membership to the NAF expired around Christmas and I only renewed a couple of weeks ago, so I missed 2 PMs from Joe regarding this. Note that we were looking to field a full team if we could.

Let me know, either here or my email @ thunder-bowl@hotmail.com.

Thanks,
Craig.

runki_khrumOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 28, 2011 - 11:29 AM

Canada
I want to book my flight and room. Return economy on KLM out of Montreal is now $938 all taxes and fees in, if booked soon. Price has gone up $30 in the last few weeks probably due to fuel. I can't sleep in a hostel, how about the 3 star hotel recommended by NAF ? Depart wed 16th return tue 22nd. Discuss.

Rats gone wild! (.)(.)

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic