NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 22, 2024 - 08:29 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Illegal Procedure! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 23, 2003 - 07:08 PM

Undisclosed
Hadn't thought of that one. Thanks Guys. Twisted Evil

Nah, not really. If I was that worried about the 2nd block I probably wouldn't throw the first.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

Reply with quote Back to top
SputnikOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 24, 2003 - 03:12 AM

Strange enough!
Shocked
I think the worst thing that can happen when getting blocked is that your guy gets blocked to death! Now, if the opponent's player has frenzy it's his advantage to get a second block if he only pushes my player. If he already knocks my player over with the first block I won't like it anyway. Crying or Very sad

However, if he waives his second block with tactics like this and moreover my player remains standing why should I complain?? Wink

If I can avoid being pushed into the crowd well done!

If I put up a formation to get him into trouble with his second block in case he doesn't knock me over and he avoids it by declaring his biltz but running to his dugout for refreshment drinks he seems to know enough about his frenzy guy. Laughing

If you give your wild animal piling on in order to get him to the ground not to have to block next turn do people complain about not getting a free chance for a turnover or about a big guy with piling on smacking your players?? Shocked Evil or Very Mad

I think it's beardy for an opponent to share my dice during the match and then trying to take them home because I may not realize immediatly....and only because you can't buy blocking dice!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Sputnik

Max_HorsemanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 24, 2003 - 04:14 AM

England
Yeah, I do it now and again - and obviously against Grumbledook! I have never ever considered it beardy or anything else. To do it you are giving up the rest of your potential move after the hit, the chance of a second block, and it can only be done on a blitz move as well. It is just a mechanic with disadvantages like Sputnik has mentioned.

Max Cool

LucyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 24, 2003 - 05:00 AM

Undisclosed

He Max, wasn't moving other peoples fig's and scorecounters pretty beardy. A definite must remember tactic when I'll be playing Sputnik in the final next week. Laughing
Not letting me smoke during a game is pretty beardy to, as well as playing Thunderstruck or Any other sickening metal during a game Very Happy

Lucy
Twisted Evil

SputnikOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 24, 2003 - 05:32 AM

Lucy, just to let you know I won't leave the table at all costs during the match. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Especially not against Max should it happen we play again against each other. Laughing Laughing

And for insurance I will have a digital camera with me and make a snap shot before leaving. It will surely take a while to get settled down again for I am not the fastest but I won't make it that easy for my opponents this time. Laughing Laughing

I also tried out multiple score markers but I won't tell you the trick now. Wink

But what worries me most is the distraction Woody might cause with his crusade to save blood bowl. I fear the worst already and it's still one week to go.... Laughing Wink Shocked Very Happy

Sputnik

P.S.: S.B.B.L.S.W.

RedfangOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 24, 2003 - 05:38 AM

Wow, I never felt the need to try that one with one of my slayers.
If ever I was afraid of a 2nd block I'd either use a different player for the Blitz, use a re-roll on the 3rd block or only notice that the second block is a problem after making the first block (guess which happens most often)...

That being said, I don't think I would make any trouble about this tactic being used against me at all. I think it's legit, and not too beardy either. (Although it does look stupid)

R

DeathwingOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 24, 2003 - 05:51 AM
Former President

England
      Sputnik wrote:

But what worries me most is the distraction Woody might cause with his crusade to save blood bowl. I fear the worst already and it's still one week to go.... Laughing Wink Shocked Very Happy

Sputnik

P.S.: S.B.B.L.S.W.

Typo there mate, you missed out the 'D'. Very Happy If this had been TBB I could have edited it for you... Wink

I wouldn't worry mate, you won't hear the barracking from the bottom tables... Razz

SputnikOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 24, 2003 - 05:56 AM

Quote:
Typo there mate, you missed out the 'D'. If this had been TBB I could have edited it for you...

Oh, I guess you rather WOULD have edited it for me! Wink

Sputnik

ThadrinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 24, 2003 - 06:00 AM

Sweden
OK...This has been bugging me for a couple of weeks now. What on EARTH does the DLSW stand for? The best I can come up with is Deathwing Loves Secret Weapons (a few Gobbo secret weapons in the BB line up?).
I'm sure all you other perverts can come up with better than that though...

SputnikOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 24, 2003 - 06:04 AM

Quote:
Deathwing Loves Secret Weapons
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I really fear the worst now...

Sputnik

Max_HorsemanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 24, 2003 - 06:49 AM

England
Very Happy

You'll be telling me scoring lots of TD's is beardy next!

S.B.B! D.L.S.W!

Max Cool

IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 24, 2003 - 07:42 AM
Da Warboss

England
I think the crime of people "forgetting" to roll for ageing is pretty bad, then just lying outright when confronted. For me though, the biscuit was taken by the guy who I beat 3-0 with 3-0 CAS for me - not one of his players earned a SPP other than the MVP, yet he then claims FOUR players were elgible for skill rolls after the match!!

Apparently he "forgot" to roll for them - how many people forget skill rolls, it's one of the highlights of the game?!?

Still, I knew we were restarting the league the following week so I let it go Wink

NAF #60

RedfangOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 24, 2003 - 08:38 AM

I forgot a skill-roll once,

I found out I had a 18 SPP Dwarf Blitzer (6 TDs) with only one increase while I was busy removing him from my team roster as a casualty... Crying or Very sad

skummyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 24, 2003 - 08:51 AM

Quote:

Apparently he "forgot" to roll for them - how many people forget skill rolls, it's one of the highlights of the game?!?

I forgot to record a skill roll very recently, but it was with a team that participated in the BB championship game, so everyone got an MVP. I picked up about 5 skills in the game, and got so distracted by my lineman aging on his first roll (doubles) that I forgot to note that my blitzer took guard.

-Oscar Wilde

SquiggothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2003 - 03:44 AM

A few weeks ago I totally trashed a Dwarf Team while one of my Line-Orcs was standing next to the Dwarf's end zone with the ball. The Dwarfs needed at least 3 turns to reach my ball carrier (which meant it was pretty save for my Line-Orc) and his 7 surviving stunties were systematically knocked out by my 10 players, one by one... I scored in the final turn.
Isn't that really cheesy? Twisted Evil Embarassed

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic