NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 04, 2024 - 05:29 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Fly little halfling, Fly rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Da_ScumOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 01, 2004 - 02:52 PM

Undisclosed
      Grumbledook wrote:
The worst thing about it is if OMM rolls injury time at the kick off of each half

Now he will finish half way into the next tournament ;]

ROFL!

Oh trust OMM to fnd a way to break THAT rule! Very Happy

>scribble scribble< It's one hell of a long shot...like Skull Skull Skull three times in a row! (Which I've done at an Orion's Cup!) But wow the possibilities! Skaven coaches could dare to dream of breaking the 6 TD mark in a single half or even more!

Reply with quote Back to top
DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 01, 2004 - 03:12 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
I actually think all the changes apart from GtR are good ones. I particularly like the change to PI which could ruin both coaches enjoyment of the game.

None of the changes are balancing or ambiguity issues (i.e. there is little or no advantage to any particular teams and little or no confusion over the application of the events). All they are doing is making the KO table less influential. I'm not sure I agree to the extent to which the changes neuter the KO table but I do agree reducing the influence of the table is a worthwhile project.

The concepts development is the vault, IMO, are a much better rule set than LRB 3.0. I don't think just because a rule that has been developed for PBBL is a good one that the BBRC should try to apply it to the LRB.

We only have another couple of years to wait for PBBL to become official - just save the changes for then.

Da_ScumOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 01, 2004 - 05:41 PM

Undisclosed
      Doubleskulls wrote:
I actually think all the changes apart from GtR are good ones. I particularly like the change to PI which could ruin both coaches enjoyment of the game.

Simpler change would have been 1-3, which tournaments were doing. This being Bloodbowl and not the NFL our fans should have some bite...hmm, maybe we should get them from the NBA instead?

Quote:
None of the changes are balancing or ambiguity issues (i.e. there is little or no advantage to any particular teams and little or no confusion over the application of the events). All they are doing is making the KO table less influential. I'm not sure I agree to the extent to which the changes neuter the KO table but I do agree reducing the influence of the table is a worthwhile project.

Neuter? If anything the new GTR just made it deadlier! Now throw in the new PI and it compounds... An original PI would get 1-6, which was easily changed to 1-3 for balance which many thought was a better number. The NEW PI nails on average 5 players! With the potential to be far worse! Sure it's only stuns, well so could the original PI, but it's a lot more of them and those DP's are about to have a feast tonight!

So if the idea was to make the KO table less influential...oops....quite the reverse is true in the tournament format now.

Quote:
The concepts development is the vault, IMO, are a much better rule set than LRB 3.0. I don't think just because a rule that has been developed for PBBL is a good one that the BBRC should try to apply it to the LRB.

We only have another couple of years to wait for PBBL to become official - just save the changes for then.

Don't start me on how they want to "nerf" Flings in the Vault...let alone the actual earning of skills. Rolling Eyes However I'll grant that they are working and evolving it into a more functional set of rules...gads don't we all remember 1st to 3rd editions? Rolling Eyes It's just been noted to me that there is sometimes thought that we're going to end up with TWO seperate sets of rules, one for leagues the other for tournaments, at times. That's something I don't want to see happen.

It just keeps feeling like not enough ot the BBRC looked at the changes in a wider view of the tournament structure and it's full applications, instead all that was looked at was the KO table itself and the roll solely.

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 01, 2004 - 05:57 PM

1. The BBRC should make rules with leagues in mind, not tournaments. Blood Bowl is a league game. If tournament organisers want to take out the best part of the game, it's their problem. They should then expect the game to not be balanced anymore. Don't bend over just to please them. As long as Blood Bowl is balanced for leagues, that's all that matters.

2. You're just complaining because your tactics of buying 9 FF in tournaments, which was already a bad idea, is getting worse. Well, just stop doing that! At the Spike, you could have had one more rookie troll had you gone with less FF. If anything, this change will only force you to field a more competitive goblin team by forgetting about FF.

3. The new kick off table does indeed suck, but for none of the reasons that you stated!

absentOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 01, 2004 - 06:04 PM

grumble grumble grumble..... Wink Very Happy Very Happy (no offense meant Smile )

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 01, 2004 - 06:11 PM

Canada
      Zombie wrote:
3. The new kick off table does indeed suck, but for none of the reasons that you stated!

Then why don't you enlighten us? God knows you've attacked people before for not supporting their arguments to your satisfaction.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 01, 2004 - 06:36 PM

Just go read the posts i made at the Vault site before i left that place in disgust. I don't feel like repeating myself, especially not for you. You made me waste my time a few days ago, well not this time.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 01, 2004 - 06:42 PM

Canada
Laughing You crack me up!

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Da_ScumOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 01, 2004 - 07:01 PM

Undisclosed
      absent wrote:
grumble grumble grumble..... Wink Very Happy Very Happy (no offense meant Smile )

ROFL none take, Goblins coaches are supposed to rant! Says so right in the contract next to the endless Guinness supply clause... Laughing

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 01, 2004 - 07:53 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
      Da_Scum wrote:
An original PI would get 1-6, which was easily changed to 1-3 for balance which many thought was a better number. The NEW PI nails on average 5 players!

So if the idea was to make the KO table less influential...oops....quite the reverse is true in the tournament format now.

The new PI just effects the current drive, the old one could decide the game. That's what I mean by neutering. The same is true to one extent or another for all the effects.

The same applies to GtR - as there is no longer a "winner" then it is less likely to determine the outcome of the game.

Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 01, 2004 - 08:07 PM

United States of America
I don't agree with Tournament takes tho, The rules should be for league play. Tournament Organizer can always tweak the rules for tournies.

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 01, 2004 - 10:02 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
I don't think anyone agrees with Da Scum's tournament rules position.

Da_ScumOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 01, 2004 - 11:04 PM

Undisclosed
      Doubleskulls wrote:
I don't think anyone agrees with Da Scum's tournament rules position.

Funny the PM says otherwise Laughing However even *I* don't agree with a seperate tournament rules batch which is what keeps getting brought up.

You said the old PI could affect the entire game? Granted, but in the hands of a good coach and a well built team SO DOES THE NEW ONE! All that coach has to do is grab the fluke opportunity provided by his opponent suddenly having even more players down and out than before and go to town on them! Which comparing numbers is the more likely to happen.

As for GtR, of course there's a winner, BOTH teams. All the coaches have to do is plan accordingly and we're off to 3rd Edition again. Worship This is not lessening an influence, this is called opening the flood gates. Twisted Evil Now a player using Secret weapons will just be delighted in this new idea, as they longer have to commit anything to FF for it to work.

I love using Secret Weapons and I'm arguing AGAINST this? I must be mad... Confused

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 02, 2004 - 06:32 AM

England
With regard to the new blitz I'm not so sure that it doesn't favour one type of team over another. My 'pro' Elves have certainly benefited more from it than my Orcs or Khemri. (Although nerves of steel has really helped there.)

slupOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 02, 2004 - 07:45 AM
Big Mek

Undisclosed
Please elaborate how nerves of steel is going to help you during a blitz.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic