NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 26, 2024 - 12:37 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
This happened to me only yesterday rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 12, 2003 - 05:41 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
1) No stars
2) More points for a draw than a loss by 1 (5-3-2-1-0 sounds fine)
3) 1,100,000 starting teams
4) Net TDs as the 1st tie breaker - then total Tds then total casualties.
5) Someone else to drive on Saturday night

A different sportsmanship scoring system. I don't know what but I want to be able to reward as many coaches as deserve it, not just 1. Giving 1 point for no votes is silly too - there is no incentive not to be a w#nker as you'll get the same points as someone else.

Players Painting Award - Have a separate judges award and players award. Let me vote for any of the teams I want to - maybe I want to reward creativity, concept or technical excellence. I didn't particularly like the choice offered.

While I'm on the subject, how about letting teams be eligable for the painting award so long as the painter is present. I borrowed Geggsters Orcs, which IMO were better than Orcs in the painting final 3. As he was there and playing why can't he win the painting award for a team he has lent out.

Reply with quote Back to top
Fondu77Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 12, 2003 - 06:59 AM

the sad thing was to get ONE award for painting....
If gifts are as expensive as this year (no gift....lol)
BB HQ can make a 10 best painter award.... just to get an opportunity for us to get new ideas... (for me in fact)

LongshotOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 12, 2003 - 07:30 AM

1) less Computers bugs.
2)more award (something better for the winner=unreleased min for ex)
3)a mini and not a coin
4)watch the final in the bugman after all the Tourny ended

Moreflexibility ref: there were very nice but a story sounds evil to my ears:
A player was about to score during the two last turns of the game (so 5 minutes max) and the ref only said: no, it is too late and ended the game on a draw.
And it wasnt close from the next round time. I was badly surprised by this story.
But all the organisers and ref that i talked with were very nice.

EvilGitOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 12, 2003 - 09:22 AM

i don't really care about how they run the tourney next year, for me it was a well run thing this year (although this was my first one so what do i know)

other than that i think i might leave the halflings at home, especially as i'm making up some norse out of the chaos marauders box set.

smeborgOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 12, 2003 - 09:56 AM

No Star Players please.

A 3-day tournament.

If still a 2-day tournament, then start the first game on both days at 9:00 a.m. Consider having a 4th game on the Saturday (6 rounds of Swiss system with a field of 150-200 is not enough - you need a minimum of 7 rounds).

And Lucy, I don't remember refusing a beer (rather unlike me), but if I did, it was only because I was jet-lagged after flying from Singapore, and so was worried about the effectof alcohol. As it was, I felt quite sleepy during the last games of both days.

Cheers

Smeborg the Fleshless

MattRobsonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 12, 2003 - 10:35 AM

Quote:

why would you up the Gp cost of the team above the 1,000,000 starting limit if you also dont want stars???

I think for a all rookie team a cool Million is more than enough?would the extra 100,000 make a great diffrence??

What do you all think about the start with 1 skill (should this just be a skill or could it be anything, attribute bonus/physical traite ect) and/or be able to give as many of your skills to one player as you wish???
do you think this would lead to MEGA players or should coaches be able to put all there eggs into one basket???

martynqOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 12, 2003 - 11:02 AM

MattRobson wrote:
      Quote:

why would you up the Gp cost of the team above the 1,000,000 starting limit if you also dont want stars???

I think for a all rookie team a cool Million is more than enough?would the extra 100,000 make a great diffrence??

It would for elves. About the best 1000k setup I can think of for a dark elf team for such a tournament would be:

2 blitzers (200k)
1 witch elf (110k)
8 lineelves (560k)
2 rerolls (100k)
3 ff

With 1100k, it gives you just a bit more flexibility to come up with something more competitive and more position players.

How about:

3 blitzers (300k)
2 witch elves (220k)
1 thrower (90k)
5 lineelves (350k)
2 rerolls (100k)
4 ff

or reduce a position player to a lineelf and gain another re-roll.

Martyn

mawphOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 12, 2003 - 02:42 PM

England
extra games sounds good. It was a great weekend but any advance in value for money is good. Would have like a special ed mini though

MattRobsonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 12, 2003 - 03:29 PM

Oh i understand some teams would benefit from the extra cash? but surly the price of Elf players is to ballance them?
i think other teams would have no real need for the extra 100k.
i used orc with Varag at the BB my roster was:-

3 Blitzers
3 Black orcs
1 Varag
1 ogre
1 thrower
1 line man
1 goblin
2 re rolls (inc Varags)
3 FF

drop varag and add 100k thats an extra 260k to spend!!! which would let me max out on blitzers and BOB's!!!

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 12, 2003 - 06:59 PM

Undisclosed
      Lucy wrote:
      Fondu77 wrote:

4/ drink more beer.... I don't know how but I have to....

I was surprised by this one as well, Apart from the 16 year old I played, I offered all my opponents a beer after the match. Not one wanted one.
I was shocked. And these were all NAF coaches Shocked Shocked
My last opponent was a Viking for Griff's sake and even he didn't want to drink a pint. Next year, I wanna play the French and move the board to Bugman Cool , at least we'll be able to have a pint (and a smoke) during the game.

Lucy
Twisted Evil

Missed out there, I only sat next to you game 1 Sad

My wishes:

1) NO stars
2) No stars
3) No stars

4) Some why of getting more variety into the teams I faced (3 orcs [2 the same] and 2 CD's [both th same])
5) Better mini.
6) Better placing Laughing

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

ChrisOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 12, 2003 - 08:17 PM

England
1.) Riot reduced to D3 turns. i don't mnd it in normal games, but when i've payed for the privalege of playing, i would like more than an hours gameplay. Lose an odd turn, it's gutting, lose 6, and thats half the game gone. You now have an hour of waiting around for everyone else to finish.
2.) Players get a choice on SP. You can buy a star player, or award any 1 player on your team the equivalent of 2 double 1 on the dice skill rolls.
3.) Award for best club. Something like take the average of the three best players from each club, and see who is the highest.
4.) Actual prizes for the winners.

CidervampireOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 13, 2003 - 02:53 PM

1. No stars (unless they are heavily reworked)
2. Couple of free skills to start with
3. Final game on last screened in bar
4. Riot at d3 turns (thankfully no riots this tourney, well gutted to get a 6 turn riot at spikey when I had destroyed the other team and end with a draw)
5. Real miniature, not a shite coin
6. Painting award to stay the same, as long as you had a decent looking team you knew you'd get 3 points which was good.
7. Sportmanship for me was not a factor as most people got 1 point, though it did push that guy up to 2nd. Though we should give people who are cretins a good kicking. One guy from our club won his game only to have the other player insist it was a draw, obvioulsy it was impossible for the ref to call.
8. Would be nice to have more games so that as long as you won every game you got to the final, but thats probably not too practical.
9. Force everyone to join the NAF! (I got 2 wins that are not listed)
10 Get those GW scrooges to offer some prizes. Back in 88 they gave me £50 for being the regional champ and the same again for being a runner up in the finals.

LouisXOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 14, 2003 - 04:31 AM

Undisclosed

I'm in for that kind of play (i mean the alcohol! Laughing ) Although we would need special assitance in 2 half time to push that damn turn counter! Laughing
and if the game is a draw, let's rule it at the bar! Twisted Evil
what's worse than refusing a beer? Taking a half pint!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Fondu77Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 14, 2003 - 04:32 AM

so true LX

1235/ a mini of silvya
check
http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4980&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=105

LongshotOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 14, 2003 - 05:42 AM

1/ More girls

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic