NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 07, 2024 - 03:21 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Lucien Swift traded to the Low Down Rats. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PaulOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 01, 2005 - 11:16 PM

Canada
I'm with Lagerbottom on the issue, I'd love to give GW a big *-U but I know if we all don't show up, then theres no chance that they run it next year.

Because I'm in toronto, I'll go to the Spike, just cause I like playing and the tourneys I've been in are alot of fun. I can't wait for the Deathbowl, and I'd be nice to have another big event before the year is out.

But yea, they'll definatly have to change it next year to get a better turn out. sometime in April-May would probably be the best, that gives you a few months after the Canadian Open and a few months before the Q'ermitts new date. Then a few months later we'd have the Death Bowl and hopefully have everything evenly spaced out throughout the year.

Reply with quote Back to top
BikerbobOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 02, 2005 - 07:45 AM

Yes I have suggested last weekend in November.

IdeaI have also suggested that GW get with NAF and together we make sure we have the BIG Majors spread out.. so that this does not happen. Establish at least the MONTH they will happen and then everyone can plan around them.

Also Galak, unfortunatly, they do want to run it as a one day event at Games Day.. as far as the $100 + fee for BB.. I told them.. do that.. you might as well kiss it off.Skull Skull Skull

I suggested that BB is unique.. its not 40K not Fantasy and that promoting through a games day is not helping those that have commited to it already.
If they wanted a promotions day.. run a smaller tourny at a conflict.

GalakStarscraper wrote:
I agree with everything Brian said here. My only add on would be to explain to GW that this might be a real low turnout and that that should not be an indication of lack of interest but of the tournament being so close to two of the larger North American tournaments that folks had already planned on attending. My fear would be that running this event and getting 12 people to show up would make GW-Canada kill it off completely.

As for 2006 ... As long as it isn't a one day event at Games Day costing BB players 100 CDN to get in the door and THEN extra to play in the tournament ... that's fine.

Galak

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 02, 2005 - 02:58 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
I went to a Gamesday BB tourney in 2003, & it was horrendous (did I spell that right?) There was no "Odd Man Out" so in the 2nd round when there was a a person who dropped out, a buddy of mine had to sit out. Just little considerations like that are crucial to running a successfull tourney, GW does not really care about BB, so they obviously do not care about us as a BB comunity (well except our wallet.) , so if the SPIKE is planned to be at a GW Games Day, then thats just as good as there not going to be a SPIKE at all. (If they want a small BB tourney at the Games Day, then fine... but not one of the Majors!)

BB at a Gamesday is a bad idea & I will not go. (nothing wrong with a one day event for a small BB tourney, but please no SPIKE! at a Games Day).

Rod.

(& I'm not drunk,..............................

..............yet)

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic