NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 04, 2024 - 10:16 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
I could really use a re-roll... rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BlanchPrezOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 13, 2003 - 12:33 PM

Got it, that makes much more sense now! Yes, I agree, GW has a habbit of doing that. When they released WH40K 3rd Edition, they re-wrote a ton of fulff that caused lots of people's armys to become outdated and/or obsolete. Not a good practice in my opinion.

Reply with quote Back to top
ThruddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 14, 2003 - 01:27 PM

They re-write it so you 'have' to buy new miniatures. It is all a part of The Man's business schemes.

ohiohuskiesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 14, 2003 - 07:35 PM

have to agree, they bring in new stuff and slowly move out the old stuff so you have to buy new mini's. Got told that when i worked there many moons ago. Confused
I found the CD team are cool to play with, with only the blunderbuss player on the pitch for the hobo's to chase...I had a 70% win ratio with them a long time ago... Very Happy

Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 14, 2003 - 08:48 PM

United States of America
Who doesn't do that though?

Another glaring example D&D 3.5

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

lawquoterOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 15, 2003 - 05:46 PM

United States of America

I just can't bring myself to buy those stupid hats. I guess they are down on the priority line for purchase, maybe hoping out hope for a change in style. But I guess I'll get them sooner or later. Wink

ColinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 15, 2003 - 07:33 PM

No just convert your own, it's quite easy and looks much better. Just buy a plastic dwarf WH regiment box and a bunch of chaos warrior head sprues and replace the dwarf heads with the CW heads, add some chaos space marine shoulder pads if you don't want to make your own out of green stuff. Too easy.

DragoonkinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 16, 2003 - 11:07 PM

And now apparently it seems they've been written-out again, since you can now get their rules is in a quick little PDF from the GW site...like the Harlequins of 40k.

SquiggothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 17, 2003 - 02:36 AM

Nope, they're working on a Chaos Dwarf army book, and it'll be the first proper army book the little gits ever had - their last army book was a compilation of White Dwarf articles Smile
By the way, about their background, instead of being mini-chaos warriors (which is dull) they are now Evil Dwarfs (which is not so dull) who went East looking for gold and stuff and became influenced by Hashut (a lesser Chaos god who likes to manifest himself as a fiery winged bull - Gork knows why). That's about it...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
GrotemuisOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 17, 2003 - 10:17 AM

Netherlands
http://www.zharr-naggrund.com/

has a lot of information about the best race around!

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 17, 2003 - 01:54 PM

Undisclosed
      Grotemuis wrote:
http://www.zharr-naggrund.com/

has a lot of information about the best race around!

Fimir!? Wink

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

smeborgOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 17, 2003 - 08:01 PM

Some of us actually like the miniatures (not forgetting the good old Hobgoblins, of course).

After a few games with the CDs, I discovered that the miniatures can annoy some coaches a lot! This can be quite a big advantage at the table.

I also like the playing style of the side. Well, if you like the miniatures and the style of a side, you should play them, shouldn't you? How well they perform is secondary, although I note that the CDs are currently the side with the highest average in the NAF ratings (early days yet, of course). I was a bit surprised, I thought it would be Undead.

Cheers

TiMuNOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 18, 2003 - 02:15 AM

Well, CD have always been my team, and the first 3rd edition minis i bought, so i give a thumbs up to those silly evil hats! Love it when that is the only thing you see in the line of screemage. Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
SquiggothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 18, 2003 - 02:33 AM

That's the true spirit! Silly hats forever! (Altough I've snipped off the pointy top of Htaark the Unstoppable's hat - it's a bit too silly Wink)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
GrumbledookOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 18, 2003 - 07:27 AM

Well at spikey I played undead vs undead twice, so thats going to hurt the average than if you don't play each other. I also lost twice to some unbreakable armoured norse teams at the dutch open. Again that didn't help. ;]

Jon

dlb1969Offline
Post subject: CHOAS DWARVES AND THOSE STUPID HATS...  PostPosted: Feb 18, 2003 - 08:19 AM

United States of America
I have always thought that this was the worst looking team in the game. The hats are just too stupid and no self-respecting dwarf, chaotic or not, would put that thing on his head. And they definitely would not take a curling iron to their beards.
I believe that chaos dwarves should be wearing their beard just like any other dwarf. I think they would look better if they had those big furry russian look hats with the pull down flap ears to keep warm. They would look pretty cool then. It would be much better than those goofy looking tall hats. There is one dwarf thunderer miniature for WHFB that has a hat with fur on the edges and that is close to what I'm thinking for chaos dwarves. I'm sure everyone that lives in a cold climate knows what kinds of hats I'm talking about.

Dave

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic