NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 04, 2024 - 07:24 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Count Luthor likes your blood type. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 16, 2006 - 12:01 PM

Ben wrote:
Why don't you supply us both with your proposition and we can sort it out between the three of us.

Ok I emailed both of you. Dan Chaput has also contacted me.

Reply with quote Back to top
Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 16, 2006 - 03:37 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
Hey Brian I'[m sad at the post, the Death-Bowl was always the tourney I told people if you could only make one tourney a year it was the one. I have tried calling you on the phone all day (but nobody there)....

My idea was in the same thoughts as Joe & Ben. I myself was planning to run my 1st tourneyt in Sept or Nov 2007. But if Joe & the Ottawa Boys do not take it over, I could always put my tourney away & adopt the Death-Bowl. (Only bad thing is it would be in Niagara Falls ON, (a heafty trekk for those in Ottawa, Montreal area)

So you have another outlet with me if things can not be decided between Ben & Joe.

I would like the Death Bowl not to leave Montreal & for you too keep running it Brian, but if its in your stars not to continue, I'[d rather all the boards not get split up, but if no one person comits to the whole package then I'd want to grab at least one board (if that was the only option left)

I'[ll try & give you a call tonight, Rod

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 16, 2006 - 04:02 PM

Undisclosed
Gutted, as the Deathbowl was high up on my lists of tournaments that "I WILL do one day".

Brian, if this is truly "goodbye", then thanks for memories from across the pond. I've some found memories of the HR forum, and thanks for sending me a DB rues package.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

ColinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 16, 2006 - 08:34 PM

It's a sad day when someone who was so commited to BB decides to quit. I hope things work out for you Brian and I do hope someone will come forward and buy the whole tourney stuff from you and carries it on as it's definately a tourney I really wanted to do again.

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 17, 2006 - 12:07 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
On a side note, if the Death-Bowl goes to Ben & Ben needs to dump the Canadian Open, I could adopt the Canadian Open as my tourney next Sept. No matter what I will be having my first run tourney Sept 07 (or possibly Nov 07) whether its the Canadian Open, the Death-Bowl or my own the NFBB (Niagaroth Falls Beer Bowl)

Rod

XtremeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 17, 2006 - 06:17 AM
Da Boss

United States of America
      Darkson wrote:
Gutted, as the Deathbowl was high up on my lists of tournaments that "I WILL do one day".

Brian, if this is truly "goodbye", then thanks for memories from across the pond. I've some found memories of the HR forum, and thanks for sending me a DB rues package.

Agree with everything DS said.
Wish you the best of luck moving forward Brian, and hope the Deathbowl finds itself in good hands.

SpazzfistOnline!
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 17, 2006 - 06:45 AM

Canada
      Xtreme wrote:
      Darkson wrote:

Agree with everything DS said.
Wish you the best of luck moving forward Brian, and hope the Deathbowl finds itself in good hands.

Hmmm... maybe the MOBB can pool their money together and take it over.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

aerofoolOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 17, 2006 - 07:57 AM

United States
Hate to see ya go Brian! The NAF just isn't going to be the same without you!! Being from the Southern end of the US, and respecting your wishes that the Death-Bowl stay in Montreal, I'm not planning on making any offers for the tourney. (However, I'm hoping one day to attempt bringing a tourney to the Heart of the South). I am hoping that DB will find a caring and loving home with someone who respects it and treats it with the same ever-loving care that you have! Good luck on all your future endeavours!

Scott

triplepow.com

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger  
BB_BabeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 17, 2006 - 10:45 AM

Eek! This is very sad and surprising news. But I can understand needing to re-arrange life once in awhile, and you have put in a tremendous commitment to start up and get the Death Bowl rolling. Thank you.

DBIII was my first time getting out to play BB since the days of 2e, so I trust that some time in the future we'll see you around again!

If DB moves from Montreal, I hope something else springs up there for us Beantowners.

Cheers,
Maureen

Some Boston Blood Bowl Stuff
http://redwings-wilder.livejournal.com/

garthOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 17, 2006 - 08:21 PM

Notorious_jtb wrote:
I have a suggestion re a future home for Deathbowl.
We still havent sorted out the theme for the ottawa event, but it may be possible that we could run the Death Bowl in Ottawa, that way its
A: closer to Montreal (than if it was in Toronto)
B: Ben still gets to keep the Canadian Open going and
C: We don't "Lose" any tournament with "history"

I am in total agreement with this. Ottawa is on its way to everywhere else (although not on the 401), and there is an untapped populace of BloodBowl fans there.

It would have no impact on my 'Ottawa' tournament, since it is much smaller, open to newbies, and framed in the context of a long running convention, so it is not necessarily 'the thing' for hard-core BloodBowlers.

However, from the feedback I have received from the CanGames staff, it was one of the most 'popular' games, and there were lots of people who showed an interest (or re-interest after years of absence from the game). In other words, I feel there is a void in Ottawa that the Deathbowl might be able to fill...

Garth

"Ohhhh, what I'm gonna do to you...." Ren Hoek

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
garthOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 17, 2006 - 08:23 PM

CyberHare wrote:
Here's a list of what gear I'm going to send along with the tournament.

-Carnage Colloseum (The Death Bowl Stadium) & the transport dolly

Although, if things don't work out, I might be interested in this field, especially my tourney is called "CARNAGE in the Captial"!

"Ohhhh, what I'm gonna do to you...." Ren Hoek

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 17, 2006 - 09:30 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      garth wrote:
      CyberHare wrote:
Here's a list of what gear I'm going to send along with the tournament.

-Carnage Colloseum (The Death Bowl Stadium) & the transport dolly

Although, if things don't work out, I might be interested in this field, especially my tourney is called "CARNAGE in the Captial"!

If the whole package can not be sold .... there will be bidding wars for indavidual stadiums I suspect

TaxalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 18, 2006 - 10:09 AM

Canada
Brian before anything I would like to say a massive....

THANK YOU!!!!!!

For holding the best Tourney in Canada, if not North America. It was because of you that I feel back in love with Blood Bowl.

As Brian has said I also am quite interested in purchasing the lot, but at this moment in my life it will seem almost impossible for me. So for whoever does get the Tourney, be it TO or Ottawa, my group and I will there to bring back the championship to Quebec.

For whoever gets to purchase the lot, there is one item that I really want to get my hands on. That item would be the Halfling field from this year. I fell in love with it and would like to have for the Mighty Sweetbuns.

Thanks
Dan Chaput (taxal)

And one more time Brian thanks for the great times and like everyone else has said...you better stay in contact....or it will be a three dice blitz coming your way... Twisted Evil

SpazzfistOnline!
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 20, 2006 - 10:02 AM

Canada
      CyberHare wrote:
I hear you my friend and I tell you honestly that I haven't come to this point easily. It's been in the back of my mind for quite some time now and I almost made an announcement at Death Bowl when you were all there but I didn't want to spoil the weekend or end it on that note.

Now that the shock has had a bit of time to wear off it occured to me: If you were already sure that you would not be running Deathbowl V, why did you announce it as "The Year of the Ogre"? It sounded like you were still planning on keeping at the helm at that time.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 21, 2006 - 04:04 AM

The decission was sort of split. I didn't say I had made up my mind ad DB. "Almost" Smile The changes since at work and buying a house are what turned the tide. I never wanted the tournament to die though and that means planning and prep for the event must go on. I've laid the groundwork for a theme for DBV. Hopefully that'll take some of the pressure off of whoever takes the event. Of course it'll be up to them is they want to continue that theme but it would be the sensible course of action and easiest in a first year running the DB IMO.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic