NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 07, 2024 - 03:29 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
That troll is soo stupid rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 19, 2006 - 12:07 PM

Canada
      Cramy wrote:
Sounds pretty good. Really looking forward to it. Now, which team will I take?

Thinking the same thing myself..... My new Nurgle team has a high likelihood of making an appearance, but then tourneys are always such a good inspiration to make up a new team......

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Reply with quote Back to top
PaulOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 19, 2006 - 03:21 PM

Canada
looks like a good time and I always seem to have a good time when I party with the Ottawa boys (Garth, you know what I'm talkign about)

Unfortunatly my work schedule is pretty busy... I think we've got a major milestone the week after the tourney and I don't think I'll be able to get the weekend off to fly up. I'll reassess things in the new year and give you guys an update.

Have Fun.

Paul

CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 21, 2006 - 07:10 AM

Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:
      Cramy wrote:
Sounds pretty good. Really looking forward to it. Now, which team will I take?

Thinking the same thing myself..... My new Nurgle team has a high likelihood of making an appearance, but then tourneys are always such a good inspiration to make up a new team......

Yeah, I'm finishing-up my Goblin team. So depending on the rule set that Joe and company pick, it may be the team that I bring. I don't think that I'll be able to complete my Khemri team in time, unfortunately. Really looking forward to giving these two teams a go on table top.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 21, 2006 - 07:10 AM

Canada
More info please! Would like to get a better idea of what we are getting ourselves into on this one! (I have another teamto paint, y'know)

BTW could a mod make this into a sticky? The tourney is about a month away now!

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 21, 2006 - 01:25 PM

Canada
Hello,

nice to see the tournament make it to a second page Smile

OK yeah, the improvement thing. I was thinking that for your 80 you buy any of the following;

+1 ST 50K
+1 AG 40k
+1 MV/AV 30K
Double skill 30k
regular skill 20k

i have no problem with people taking +1st, kinda fun to see if thats better than 4 players with block.....

Last edited by Notorious_jtb on Dec 21, 2006 - 01:31 PM; edited 1 time in total

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 21, 2006 - 01:29 PM

Canada
      Quote:

You should post a full description of how your draft skill choice thing is going to work in the "Hosting Tournaments" section, so that we can understand how this is going to work and also so that other tournaments may choose to start using this sytem.

My one concern with it, is what if you get some coaches who can't make up their mind for the skill they want between rounds? This could really slow things down!

Yeah your right, people can be slow. So we are gonna go all "real world" on them.
In the NFL you get a certain amount of time to pick your skills.. I mean player and if you don't do it in time you miss your pick, the same thing will happen here. you will get between 30s and 2 mins to make your pick. the amount of time depends on the number of people and it really shouldn't take long. I will probably put up a draft board anyway. Maybe some sort of central scouting report with the round that each skill is expect to leave in....
So I am not worried about coaches being too slow, they should be Wink

JTB

TaxalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 23, 2006 - 01:21 PM

Canada
YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!

So gonna check my schedule, but I think it will be a go for moi. Mighty Sweetbuns (flings) will be showing there sticky faces in the Capital.

See you all there.....

Dan (Taxal)
Razz

CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 30, 2006 - 07:40 AM

Canada
Joe,

Any idea when a tournament package will be available? Itching to get all the details for this one.

------------------
Marc-André

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 02, 2007 - 01:51 PM

Canada
I am totally stocked about this tournament. Easy way to start my tournament career. Play in the town I live in, THEN decide if I want to do it more. If this goes well, I may become a lifer. SO EVERYONE GO EASY ON ME!?!?! Letting me win is optional, but recommended.

The hostel is even closer than staggering distance. I have staggered long distances before, this is more of a non existant distance, because I usually dont remember the walk cause it was so short.

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 04, 2007 - 07:34 AM

Canada
Hello folks,

sorry for the lack of new info over the holidays, none of my family back home seem to have any interest in high speed internet so I wasn't able to update.
The full tournament details/pack will be online this week. Seems like there are a few folks interested too, which is nice.

info soon

Joe

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 04, 2007 - 11:05 AM

Canada
Definitely interested Joe! Just need more info!

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 04, 2007 - 01:03 PM

Canada
Details would be great, I would like to understand these draft rules and such better, before the tournament starts.

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 07, 2007 - 07:59 PM

Canada
OK so a bit more info

Schedule

Saturday

08:00-09:00 Registration
09:00-11:00 Game 1
11:00-12:00 Lunch
12:00-14:00 Game 2
14:00-15:00 Break
15:00-17:00 Game 3
17:00-18:00 Break
18:00-19:30 Game 4 (7s)
19:30-20:00 Break
20:00-21:30 Draft

Sunday

09:00-11:00 Game 5
11:00-12:00 Lunch
12:00-14:00 Game 6
14:00-15:00 Break
15:00-17:00 Game 7
17:00-17:30 Break
17:30-18:30 Presentation Ceremony

There will be no deathbowl round, lets save that for the real thing eh?

Last edited by Notorious_jtb on Jan 07, 2007 - 08:17 PM; edited 1 time in total

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 07, 2007 - 08:11 PM

Canada
No Overtime, to make things move along nicely.

Draft rules are pretty simple, which is always the best way IMO.

Coach who is bottom after day one picks first, followed by coach who is second bottom and so on, or to show it a bit more visually...

position / Draft selection order in each round
1 / 9
2 / 8
3 / 7
4 / 6
5 / 5
6 / 4
7 / 3
8 / 2
9 / 1

Each coach will get 30 seconds to pick a skill/improvement. Then the next coach will get a go. And so on until all the coaches have picked 1 skill/improvement. This process will be repeated 3 times, in the bar, directly after each other, until all the coaches have picked 4 skills/improvements. If you don't pick in your 30 seconds tough luck. Just like in the real world of the NFL draft you loose your pick.

You may pick any improvement or skill that it is legal for one of your players to take on any role of the dice, so no mutations on wood elves, but anyone is free to pick stat increases and skills that would require doubles. There will be no extraordinary skills in the draft.

There will be four rounds in the draft. Meaning each coach will get 4 improvements for his/her team. No player may recieve more than one improvement at this stage. Although a player who recieved an improvement at the begining of the tournament may gain a second improvement during the draft. You are only allowed to draft skills it is possible for your players to recieve, so no mutations for the wood elves, sorry.

I have no idea how many people will turn up, but if you read the skills/improvements list in the rule book you'll notice there is a limited supply So if we have 12 people each picking 4, thats fine. But 20 people each picking 4 won't work unless we have more than 1 copy of the skills/improvements, therefore, my model is, for each 12 coaches (or part of) who sign up for the tournament there will be a full set of skills/improvements (a set being one of each). So as an example if we got 36 coaches we would have 3 +1ST and 3 Diving Catch and infact 3 of all the improvements/skills.

A second e.g is if we get 20 players there will be 2 of each stat increase and 2 of each skill. In this example round one of the draft would go something like this;

Pick # Improvement
1 / +1 ST
2 / +1 AG
3 / +1 ST
4 / +1 AG
5 / +1 MV
6 / +1 AV
7 / Block
8 / Guard
9 / Block
10 / +1 MV
11 / Dodge
12 / +1 AV
13 / Juggernaut
etc

This should help the teams near the bottom do a bit better on day 2, maybe.....

We did this for tournament style league we ran once and it was a lot of fun.

Everyone should end up with a skill they might not normally take by the time your picking in round 4, which should be interesting too.

Last edited by Notorious_jtb on Jan 08, 2007 - 07:49 AM; edited 5 times in total

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 07, 2007 - 09:03 PM

Canada
JTB,

I'm all good with doing the four games on the first day, as that helps move things along on the second day. However, I would strongly advise against the seventh game on the second day, as these thigns never run on time, and for those of us with a ways to travel and workt he next day, it is a real bitch getting home at 2 in the morning.

My suggestion - have four games on day 1, and then two on the second day. I did that for my tourney last year, and it helps to get people back on the road at a decent time.

Spazz

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic