NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 05, 2024 - 08:33 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Hey you, guard that mumie rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 31, 2008 - 12:30 PM

Canada
      Eric.R. wrote:
      Notorious_jtb wrote:
wow, 2 minute turns crazy.

It is actually not that crazy. Spazz and I did this at a League night and more often finished our turns with 30 sec. left over. You get the hang of it quick.

maybe, nothing like pressure to make you strike without thought. I guess there will be more quick turnovers, no agonising for 2 minutes and then rolling double jones, just rolling double jones right away and hey presto, 2 minutes saved.

Reply with quote Back to top
TaxalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 31, 2008 - 12:46 PM

Canada
LOL.....wow I knew this kind of tourney was going to start to get interesting ideas and comments out there, but wow a bit surprised at the instant craziness.

Really like the 2 minute , and was already looking at it. Just wanted to see what most were thinking about 8 games in a one day tourney. It is called HARDCORE for a couple of reasons and since we all know the rules quite well (insert laugh) and if we are faced with the stress of 2 minutes a turn, I think it would get quite interesting to see some plays.

Thanks Cramy for the schedule...if you do not mind I will be taking that and use it as a start......

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 31, 2008 - 12:59 PM

Canada
      Taxal wrote:
LOL.....wow I knew this kind of tourney was going to start to get interesting ideas and comments out there, but wow a bit surprised at the instant craziness.

Yeah guys, Sheesh! Don't you guys have jobs to do?

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 31, 2008 - 01:01 PM

Canada
I should charge, but I'll let you use the schedule for free. Wink

Looking forward to seeing how this evolves.

Cramy

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 01, 2008 - 06:17 AM

Canada
I would be up for that for sure. Forget drinking booze, I would be red-bull. While everyone is asleep in the later games, I am climbing the walls. ;P

2 minutes is deffinently a fast turn, but doable. I think even 2.5 - 3 is more flexible for people who are not used to playing with short turns.

And yes, the timer starts from the moment the opponents turn ends, none of this turn my players around and shit. That is part of your turn, so it's done during the timer.

CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 04, 2008 - 06:18 AM

Canada
Oh, and an ample supply of coffee, chocolate bars, energy drinks, etc... would be good (we would pay for the stuff that we drink/eat, but you want people to be awake).

Cramy

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 04, 2008 - 06:26 AM

Canada
Yeah, because otherwise you will have someone like me winning the whole thing, only because I am the last man standing! Laughing

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 04, 2008 - 10:36 AM

Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:
Yeah, because otherwise you will have someone like me winning the whole thing, only because I am the last man standing! Laughing

That's why we need the keep-awake stuff. Otherwise Spazz may win this one, and then we'll never hear the end of it. Wink Razz

Cramy

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic