NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 20, 2024 - 06:20 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Boot to the head. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
natsirtdmOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: Lakeside Cup, Cobourg, ON, 23-24 July - CONF  PostPosted: Jun 20, 2011 - 01:18 PM

Canada
count me in

Reply with quote Back to top
LizardcoreOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: Lakeside Cup, Cobourg, ON, 23-24 July - CONF  PostPosted: Jun 20, 2011 - 02:00 PM

btw, if anybody on the west wants to discuss their rosters, I'm available Very Happy

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: Lakeside Cup, Cobourg, ON, 23-24 July - CONF  PostPosted: Jun 22, 2011 - 03:37 PM

Vancouver, BC
I am in, and sorry for the delay in getting the website back up (my fault not Pete's): http://rubli.ca/lakeside-cup/

LizardcoreOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: Lakeside Cup, Cobourg, ON, 23-24 July - CONF  PostPosted: Jun 23, 2011 - 06:30 AM

no worries Eric, glad you're in !

Pete is reviewing the rules right now, I'll update them as soon as he gets back to me.

btw, nobody freom montreal ? Taxal ?

nobody else from Ottawa ? Notorious JTB ?

Could everybody call / ask around, as people might have missed this post as the tournamenet was announced pretty late ?

natsirtdmOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: Lakeside Cup, Cobourg, ON, 23-24 July - CONF  PostPosted: Jun 23, 2011 - 10:24 AM

Canada
unfortunately i have to back out. brutal as this was the other tourney other than deathbowl i thought was a sure thing Sad

DaggersOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Lakeside Cup, Cobourg, ON, 23-24 July -   PostPosted: Jun 23, 2011 - 01:50 PM

Canada
      natsirtm wrote:
unfortunately i have to back out. brutal as this was the other tourney other than deathbowl i thought was a sure thing Sad

Better not be another 40k tournament. You will be missed.

Lizardcore wrote:
btw, nobody freom montreal ? Taxal ?

nobody else from Ottawa ? Notorious JTB ?

Taxal mentioned he would likely not be coming, but Pat and I will convince him otherwise. There are afew from Montreal other than Taxal that will likely come. 2-3, but I will get them to coordinate and confirm.

JTB will likely never play in a tournament for a very long time, same with Cramy. Cramy has just too much going on right now, and JTB...well.....yeah.

L3athalKOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Lakeside Cup, Cobourg, ON, 23-24 Jul  PostPosted: Jun 23, 2011 - 05:56 PM

Canada
Hey guys, sorry I can't make it this year. Best of luck to the westerners. GO EAST!

DaggersOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Lakeside Cup, Cobourg, ON, 23-24 Jul  PostPosted: Jun 23, 2011 - 06:14 PM

Canada
Dammit Leathan, I told you work should no interfere with Blood Bowl. I expect your resignation by the end of the week.

runki_khrumOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Lakeside Cup, Cobourg, ON, 23-24 Jul  PostPosted: Jun 23, 2011 - 08:29 PM

Canada
I'll be there. Kid can pay the bills for a while. Smile

Rats gone wild! (.)(.)

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Lakeside Cup, Cobourg, ON, 23-24 Jul  PostPosted: Jun 24, 2011 - 08:18 AM

Canada
      Quote:

JTB will likely never play in a tournament for a very long time, same with Cramy. Cramy has just too much going on right now, and JTB...well.....yeah.

hmm, well..yeah eh!!

I don't have much going on it's true Smile

I would love to come along, but it really isn't that feasible time wise. I put pretty much all of my tournament eggs into the World Cup basket this year.

I travel too much with work to feel good about leaving the family for tournaments, this year at least. I hope to make a triumphant return next year to at least a few events....
fingers crossed.

Peter_MeersOffline
Post subject: LAKESIDE CUP V  PostPosted: Jun 25, 2011 - 06:20 PM

cobourg
Hey everyone Here is the schedule for the tourney

For everyone who is arriving Friday july 22 we will be having a corn roast

Sat. July 23
Breakfast 8:00am
Registration 8:30am - 9:45am
Game 1 10:00am - 12:00pm
Lunch 12:00pm - 1:00pm
Game2 1:00pm - 3:00pm
Game3 3:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner 5:00pm - 6:00pm
Game4 6:00pm -8:00pm
Sunday July 24
Breakfast 8:00am
Game 5 9:00am - 11:00am
Game 6 11:00am - 1:00pm
Lunch 1:00pm
AWARDS

[list=][/list]

DaggersOffline
    Post subject: RE: LAKESIDE CUP V  PostPosted: Jun 25, 2011 - 07:00 PM

Canada
    Let us know when the final are ready Pete, want to make sure I get a practice game in with the proper roster.

SpazzfistOffline
    Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 25, 2011 - 09:47 PM

Canada
    I just spoke with Peter tonight and he wants everyone to be aware of a couple of changes to the tourney:

1) There are going to be TWO assitant captains on the team. This means there will be the Captain (who can get unlimited number of skills), the TWO assistants who can get two skills each, and then everyone else on the team is limited to one skill each.

2) There is going to be a format in place to encourage more diversity in the races being played. East and West coaches will count the number of different races that they are playing. If one side has a greater number of races being represented, then each coach on that team (East or West) will get +1 FAME for the entire tournament. Should one team (East or West) have double the number of races being respresented then every coach on that team (East or West) will get +2 FAME for the tournament. These FAME bonuses will be in addition to any FAME earned through the Fan Factor roll at the beginning of the game.

For example, there are sixteen coaches, so eight on the East, and eight on the West. The East (being a bunch of gits) take only four races (Dwarves, Dwarves, Dwarves, Dwarves, Dwarves, Orcs, Norse, Chaos Dwarves). The West (realizing the true intent of the tournament) diversify their races and take seven different teams (Nurgle, Orc, Orc, Skaven, Dwarves, Amazons, Lizardmen, Khemri). Because they have more races represented than the East, all West coaches will get the +1 FAME for the tourney. If they had taken a full eight different races, then they could have secured +2 for the entire tourney.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
    #1 Snotling coach in Canada

LizardcoreOffline
    Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 26, 2011 - 07:15 AM

updated.

still waiting for a couple more info from pete, but that should pretty close to the final rules.

Peter_MeersOffline
    Post subject: rules  PostPosted: Jun 26, 2011 - 10:21 AM

cobourg
    hi guys

don;t forget you only have 1,250,000 gc. also you are giving the leader skill for free, and after every game the leader (captain) is the only one to receive a skill increase. besides the leader you have two assistants that can have up to two skills...last year i allowed just one assistant..but two years ago i had this same format as i am doing this year! (leader and two assistants)
    the change of the bonus of plus 1 fame was a way of having a wide range of teams. just to clarify this is coming from me and any questions please call or give me an email and i hope i can clear up any confusion anyone might have

Jump to:  
    All times are
    View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic