NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 27, 2024 - 04:46 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Off for a bite. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jmccubbinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 31, 2003 - 08:51 AM

GalakStarscraper wrote:
And me ... I'm going to now shot people who drop out of my tournaments which is what made me not realize that I was off by one on the Sportsman/Paint votes, and I'm going to make sure that next year the spreadsheet has several double checks so that this won't happen again.

In my humble defense, even after I was throwing up Friday night, I drove 1/2 hour so I could place my painting and sportsmenship votes.

You don't want to shoot me??? I'm so young.....splattt.

Sorry Tom.

James

Reply with quote Back to top
GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 31, 2003 - 10:31 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

jmccubbin wrote:
      GalakStarscraper wrote:
And me ... I'm going to now shot people who drop out of my tournaments which is what made me not realize that I was off by one on the Sportsman/Paint votes, and I'm going to make sure that next year the spreadsheet has several double checks so that this won't happen again.

In my humble defense, even after I was throwing up Friday night, I drove 1/2 hour so I could place my painting and sportsmenship votes.

You don't want to shoot me??? I'm so young.....splattt.

Sorry Tom.

James

For the record ... I don't blame you at all James. I had a lot of credit to you for coming in to vote for painting and sportsmanship despite being sick. Really its my own fault for not being more careful on how many drops I had when i checked to see how many Paint/Sports points I had entered. I added up the drops, and 60 players minus the # of drops = the number of sheets entered. However ... James had drove in to vote ... so it was # of drops - 1 which was my mistake.

No one to blame her but myself. However this year's GenCon made me greatly improve the spreadsheet, and improve the scoring system. So I harbor no blame to anyone on this but myself. I'm very glad I got to met you James. I'm glad you had a good time. I'm really sorry you got sick, and I hope I see you again next year. Heck maybe my wife will even let me drive over to play in the Origins tournament next year if it is outside our annual family vacation.

Oh and I give you the big balls award for being the only coach willing to field Thrud. Very Happy Very Happy Laughing

Really no hard feelings at all ... consider the before mentioned statement me ranting against a group of folks to try to make myself feel better ... not your fault or problem.

By the way ... in a nice move of divine justice. When I passed by the Klingon jail. The 1st person to drop out of the touranment was in the jail. I gave the jailkeeper an extra $5 to keep him there an extra 5 minutes ... Laughing

Galak

TutenkharnageOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 31, 2003 - 11:02 AM

Old_Man_Monkey wrote:
(Oh, party at my suite - Residence Inn Airport - after the tournament; somebody bring a basketball - pool is open til 11pm. Bring your own potables - that's beers for the monosyllabic).

Wait a minute - you mean I could have been hooping it up on you less agile types, and I didn't know it?

Oy...

-C.

TutenkharnageOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 31, 2003 - 11:11 AM

Hats off to Tom for running a GREAT tournament. Coaches had fun, bottom line.

As for debates about which coach was the most "luck challenged"...don't go there Wink

-Chet

ZarhanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 31, 2003 - 03:44 PM

Although Nuffle wasn't very kind to the only High Elves, we still finished 1-1-2. I credit Tom, as I felt that all my matches were versus good coaches and teams that were very comparable. I had asked him afterwards about Elf Star Players, and he mentioned Thrudd, I am not familiar with Thrudd, but have since and it probably would have been a good gamble for me to try him. Anyhows, I think I learned that going up in the first half in both ties, and then starting the second with 7 and 5 in those games I learned that Elf teams are too expensive to bring, as I would like to have maybe 1 or two reserves Just in case. So I am thinking, like so many others that Orcs may be the way to go. I like Orcs, but like to try things others don't IE bringing a high elf team. My advise is to never bring any elf team to the tournament, although I may try again, with Thrudd just to see Smile, anyways thanx Tom and to all the participants especially my opponents. I too had one opponent drop from the tournament, so my only suggestion would be work out a system that helps in case you have an opponent that drops. That person dropping could cost someone the tournament, and I think personally records should count the most, if someone is 4-0, and someone else 3-1, and the undefeated looses to paint points or something that isn't right, especially if the 4-0 beat the 3-1. Just an opinion. Anyways I look forward to next year, and it looks like most voted for 5 games, I hope it will still only be FRI and SAT, as any more days than that takes away from the overall CON.

Bobbo

DeathwingOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 31, 2003 - 05:51 PM
Former President

England
      GalakStarscraper wrote:
Deathwing won the mini.......<snip>...So Melfaxis/Indigo/Deathwing ... your prizes will be coming soon.

Whoo hoo! Excellent...thanks Tom! Very Happy

Old_Man_MonkeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 31, 2003 - 06:28 PM

Undisclosed
      Quote:

Old_Man_Monkey wrote:
(Oh, party at my suite - Residence Inn Airport - after the tournament; somebody bring a basketball - pool is open til 11pm. Bring your own potables - that's beers for the monosyllabic).

Wait a minute - you mean I could have been hooping it up on you less agile types, and I didn't know it?

Oy...

-C.

Hey, I was ready . . . everybody was so serious . . . Wink
And who you calling 'less agile' - maybe 'more winded' but the monkey's got game - old game but still . . .

And before we get too far along in the 'look up old submissions' gig, somewhere there's a post from YOU KNOW WHO saying that "Skaven probably can't win in tournament play"!!! Aren't you glad that they 'only' finished 2nd and 3rd now, rather than 1st and 2nd at GenCon?!?! Very Happy

Yet, Tut, you hit it perfect here - 'bottom line, coaches had fun'!
Hope Chicago brings more of the same . . .

-OMM

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 31, 2003 - 06:36 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

On Elves .... when the new Elf team becomes official with 60k linemen ... you'll see Elves become competitive in tournaments after that.

As for next year. It will still be 4 games. I've had several folks email me that they would not play in a 5 game tournament at GenCon. So I'd rather have a fuller 4 than a smaller 5.

Next year, I'm going to actually pass out a survey so I can understand exactly how many would RATHER have a 4 game tournament vs those who WON'T PLAY in a 5 game tournament.

Oh and I've already figured out a better scoring system that would have given me the results I wanted for the tournament.

Galak

IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 01, 2003 - 01:51 AM
Da Warboss

England
      Deathwing wrote:
      GalakStarscraper wrote:
Deathwing won the mini.......<snip>...So Melfaxis/Indigo/Deathwing ... your prizes will be coming soon.

Whoo hoo! Excellent...thanks Tom! Very Happy

Shocked didn't see that before! Thanks!!

NAF #60

IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 01, 2003 - 01:56 AM
Da Warboss

England
      GalakStarscraper wrote:
... the Klingon jail...

lol, please explain this! am i right in thinking people dressed up as klingons would take money to lock people up for the day?

Razz

NAF #60

KhankillOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 01, 2003 - 05:24 AM

United States of America
      Indigo wrote:
      GalakStarscraper wrote:
... the Klingon jail...

lol, please explain this! am i right in thinking people dressed up as klingons would take money to lock people up for the day?

Razz

Not for the whole day, but other than that you nailed it. The person arrested can pay his bail and be set free. It is all for charity I believe.

TutenkharnageOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 01, 2003 - 06:44 AM

Old_Man_Monkey wrote:
And before we get too far along in the 'look up old submissions' gig, somewhere there's a post from YOU KNOW WHO saying that "Skaven probably can't win in tournament play"!!! Aren't you glad that they 'only' finished 2nd and 3rd now, rather than 1st and 2nd at GenCon?!?! Very Happy

Yeah, I saw that, too Wink

I have a theory that says, "Coaches get careless against Skaven." I have another theory that says, "Any time you can give Block to a Rat Ogre after Game One, you'll be ok." And I have a third theory that says, "I usually beat Skaven." So add 'em all up and you'll see where I'm coming from Wink

-Chet

snew
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 01, 2003 - 07:41 AM

Tutenkharnage wrote:
      Old_Man_Monkey wrote:

Oy...

-C.

Oi! Me and the missus missed a party. Seems I'm hanging out on the wrong message board.

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 01, 2003 - 08:12 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Indigo wrote:
      GalakStarscraper wrote:
... the Klingon jail...

Razz

You pay money to the Klingons for charity (I think the minimum is $10 for 10 minutes of lock-up time), and help them find your chosen victim. They or anyone else can pay bail to keep them out or get them out early. OR ... the other side of the coin ... anyone walking by can contribute any amount they want to keep them in longer... $1 = 1 minute more of lock-up. Its a lot of fun, and the person in the prison has to do evil stuff like sing I'm a little tea cup as punishment while locked up (Kligons are cruel) .... but its all for charity ... Laughing

Galak

DeathwingOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 02, 2003 - 07:53 PM
Former President

England
Any idea when the results are going in? doc_drak was/is sitting at #4 overall some 4 points off the top (prior to Gencon results), and has just finished runner up in the Chaos Cup.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic