NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 26, 2024 - 07:09 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Wez got ur coach. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2011 - 08:54 AM

United States of America
I will be glad to be involved in the leadership. Maybe if we get some "volunteers" to form the "committee" a leader can be chose by them. (Then beat up by the crowds if "he" gets out of hand). I would step forward, but I know there are a few with more experience and I respect their seniority. (Johnny P, General Jason, Xtreme to name a few)

Reply with quote Back to top
Jonny_POffline
11 Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2011 - 09:08 AM

United States of America
I was in talks with some others in the past about trying to get something started. As far as I know...nothing yet has happened. I could be wrong on that however.

Basically a committee with several reps from both countries and ideally a local contact wherever the even is decided on would need to be formed.

While I appreciate people wanting me to be major part of it....

...I must officially bow out of any organization of this.

I realized I just have too much going on with Chaos Cup, 2 other tourneys and the greatest Blood Bowl show based out of my house to focus my time on.

With that said....you can count on me to promote and hype it up both online and on the Zlurpcast.

generaljasonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 28, 2011 - 08:20 AM

British Columbia, Canada
Anybody that sits on that committee needs to take a solemn oath that if they are not willing to organize it they are at least willing to go - no matter where it is. Wink

And they have to contribute. Like Jonny said he can't run it but he's willing to promote the hell out of it. That's a job and a big one. But is everybody sitting on a committee of 5 or 7 willing to do something to make this work about 18 months from now? Design a website, recruit, make a logo, ect.?

Big question is how do we arbitrarily deciding who sits on that committee? Are we going affirmative action and doing an equal number of Canadians and Americans, plus one for the tiebreak? Are we picking those members based on sizeable communities or what they do for the North American BB community as a whole? I can think of way more than 7 guys that fit that criteria scattered across the continent. How do you choose?

I would feel uncomfortable picking, choosing, or even self promotion. The only real purpose for a committee is for looking at bids for New World Cup and choosing the best one.

Ultimately though, it's a question of who wants to step up and actually hop on a plane and run the event for 3 days, not play and enter data? I'm willing to go no matter where it is, but if I'm willing to sit out and run it I at least don't want to move from my home town, or I want to be rolling craps and drinking my face off after 3 days of staring at a computer. Wink

daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 28, 2011 - 01:50 PM

United States of America
What if we brought an administrative assistant to do our dirty work so we could play?

GO TEAM ADMIN!

generaljasonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 01, 2011 - 12:25 PM

British Columbia, Canada
If I'm putting my name beside running a tournament of this size I'd be entering the data myself Dennis. Wink

I'm already in talks with our senior members of Thunderbowl and RCR in Seattle about logistical solutions for entering and collecting data. If our primary idea pulls off it'll completely revolutionize the way tournaments enter data as it'll be virtually hands-off and a T.O.'s dream - and this goes for WFB, 40K, or even MTG.

The real question is can North America get 26+ teams of 4 for a team event in 2013? I think we can if it's in the right location, you have the right organization running the inaugural event, and if there is a genuine interest in it.

I'm looking into this as far as locales are concerned while starting Spike! 2011 pre-reg so I'm a little swamped. Give me a couple of weeks and we'll go from there. Anybody else interested in throwing up a bid please do so.

daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 01, 2011 - 07:01 PM

United States of America
We have already decided that if you were to win anything there would be and * by the award Shocked

I do not see a major problem in getting 100 (104) players, though 32 teams would make the math FAR FAR easier.

Someone would have to sell me on the 4 player team format

generaljasonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 02, 2011 - 12:03 AM

British Columbia, Canada
      daloonieshamen wrote:
We have already decided that if you were to win anything there would be and * by the award

What were we suppose to have decided? I don't even understand this.

daloonieshamen wrote:
I do not see a major problem in getting 100 (104) players, though 32 teams would make the math FAR FAR easier.

You don't see a major problem with getting 100+ coaches? Given that Spike! in Vancouver has been going for 3 years and we finally got near 50 coaches last year, and that Zlurpee has been running for around 6 years and they finally achieved 68 coaches last year, I think getting 100+ coaches for any North American tournament would be a MAJOR achievement and not a given. I'm not casual or cocky about that number at all and treat it with the respect it deserves.

I'd be thrilled about getting 26 teams and less concerned about whether 32 teams would make any tournament math easier. That would literally be the last thing on my mind.

daloonieshamen wrote:

Someone would have to sell me on the 4 player team format

6 players is too lofty in my honest opinion for a North American Team event. 3 player teams is too small. 4 players is a perfect carload.

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 16, 2011 - 08:27 AM

Canada
Interesting to hear about your result tracking developments generaljason. Keep us informed!!!

Re the NA BB Championship.

Hopefully we can put something in place over the summer that can formalise this process and make it open and transparent for everyone who is interested to bid/be involved in some way.

Cheers
JTB

generaljasonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 24, 2011 - 01:51 PM

British Columbia, Canada
      Notorious_jtb wrote:
Interesting to hear about your result tracking developments generaljason. Keep us informed!!!

Yeah it was my idea, but Andy B (Khail) from Seattle and I are working on this. If it works I swear EVERY tournament - whether it's Blood Bowl or not that has 30+ participants will use this technology as it'll make data collection for the Tournament Organizer a BREEZE! The technology is remarkably cheap too the only question is can it be converted for tournament collection stats. At this point I cannot fathom why it wouldn't be given it should just be a question of changing variables but we'll see. I'll keep you guys posted on this once I know more - whether it's a go or not.

As for NATC - still talking with about 10 guys North American wide to see whether this is a go. Right now it looks promising so we'll be sure to keep everyone posted once we know more.

Gj.

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 14, 2011 - 03:14 PM

Canada
Glad to see the NACT is still alive. Was starting to wonder if the conversation had died. Hope something can come of this. Good luck GJ.

LizardcoreOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 14, 2011 - 06:18 PM

daloonieshaman wrote:
Someone would have to sell me on the 4 player team format......

Well, I've seen tournament with team of 3, 4, 5 or 6 coaches, and the feedback is: the more, the best.

The simple reason is that it feels more as being part of a team. And pushes more coaches to go for team play as well (you can take more or less risks depending on what the other players are doing).

Of course, bigger teams means more organization troubles. Therefore, 4 players per team seems the better compromise between fun and being realistic for this first event.

For the comittee, well, just pick people that are active in their community, and from the biggest communities. 'cause the goal is to have as many coaches as possible, especially for the first event. Once those guys are hooked up, it will make the next event easier to organize, and at that time it will also be easier to worry more about smaller BB communities. You can't do all at once.

Just look how it went from the first team tournaments in Europe (basically almost anybody that was motivated to go could) to the total crazyness of the next worldcup! There is no need to advertise for most of the tourneys now, people are just waiting for them!

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 15, 2011 - 06:51 PM

Canada
Lizardcore makes some good points. And I do think 4 would be a nice starting point for team sizes. Atleast for the first year, the bigger the team the harder it is to get a full team.

And I have to agree, once the first one is setup and done, people will be chomping at the bit to go to the next one.

generaljasonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 28, 2011 - 05:36 AM

British Columbia, Canada
Just giving this thread a bump.

I've been in contact with the inner sanctum of North American Blood Bowl and we have unanimously agreed on 2 points so far. They are:

01. The North American Team Championship should be held every four years, separated by two years from the NAF World Cup, beginning in 2013.

02. The North American Team Championship will be a 4 member team event.

Round 2 coming soon so stay tuned. Hoping we can come to a consensus on traditions, giveaways, format, location and which North American club will host the inaugural NATC in 2013 by the end of the summer.

Cheers,
Gj.

Alkaline13Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 18, 2011 - 11:33 PM

Aurora, IL, USA
Any updates?

daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 19, 2011 - 11:09 AM

United States of America
No the focus has been the world cup.
I am unsure as to key locations (Vegas, Chicago, Calgary ect) I do not think the first location has been decided upon. There is no news to my knowledge as to the major factors of the rules;
Games per day (2-3)and overall games(6-8-9) TV, Skill Selection Format, IP, Inducements (which is more or less stable throughout events) I think that is all the major rules factors to be hashed out.

My vote/stance:
1st NATC location Vegas

For the first one I would say 8 games over 3 day (in Veags after all) (3 Games Friday ending about Dinner, 3 games Saturday starting about 10:30am - 6:30pm ish, and a 11:00am-11:30am start Sunday with 2 games. Time enough to play and party

Rules Options:
    1.1 TV, IP (only looses RR)
    Inducements; No Stars other than Event Special Player(s)*, Chef, Bribe, -
    Skill Selection basic skill 20K, to take a doubles or stat you must first have added a basic skill.
      Cost:
      Doubles +40K - MA - AV 40K
      AG - +50K
      STR +70K.
    <skills come out of TV, no repeat limit (11 players can buy block), Must have 11+ players on roster.>

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic