NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 28, 2024 - 10:12 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Dementor was the best Tomb Kings player of 2023 rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Baccuus2099Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2006 - 10:34 AM

skaven27 wrote:
kolja quote:

I must say this artibitrary set of 4 makes little sense - It is just a name. The Spike! hasn't always been run and is just up for grabs. This year MOBB is running it and, unfortunately, it is a mess for various reasons (GW and MOBB).
It is going to have about 10 people attending.

yeah 5 peopleshowing friday only and 5 people showing saturday

i say let gw do thing thier way since it is thier's

if or when it flops it will be thier fault

gw fault is getting to many hand into organizing and running the tournament

what they should have done is have gamesday on sunday and make the spike a 2 day tourney with the first on a saturday so that it appeals to every bb player...

i think baccuus knowing that gamesday is on a saturday and the spike for gw was going to be a 1 day thing should've stay out of that disaster....

sorry baccuus but you step into the fire with gw in this one

I agree, if I had known that Games Day was Saturday BEFORE signing on as Organizer I would have had second thoughts myself

Oh well, next time it will be different.

Reply with quote Back to top
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2006 - 10:34 AM

Canada
Thanks for getting back to me, but Clan-Skaven is not going to be coming, and to be honest, I do not want to take the time off for this one anymore.

Besides, I think there are other questions which need more of your attention than this one.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Baccuus2099Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2006 - 10:39 AM

Spazzfist wrote:
      gken1 wrote:
is this over? what were the results?

Do you mean the tournament or the argument? Wink

The tournmanent has not been played yet, and the argument rages on. It looks like Clan Skaven is deifinitely ahead determined by his snappy comebacks and his "Wolverine" comment. Skaven27 is leadfing in number of posts, and it looks like Baccus is definitely going to be receiving the wooden spoon on this one. Very Happy

Actually I plan on getting the BAG O WHEAT

Baccuus2099Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2006 - 10:41 AM

Ben wrote:
Well i am no longer showing up just from the fact that Baccuus hasn't even responded to any of our inquiries.

I have no idea what is going on and now i'm just annoyed.

Sorry but I am doing the best I can right now. No time for anything but work n sleep.

My apologies for not responding as quickl;y as some might like.

skaven27Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2006 - 11:33 AM

Canada
so what is the ruling?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

is the spike winner be determined by the games play on saturday?

according to gw it's still their way, points gather only from SATURDAY WILL DETERMINE THW WINNER..........................

Trojan65Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2006 - 12:28 PM

Quote:

agree, if I had known that Games Day was Saturday BEFORE signing on as Organizer I would have had second thoughts myself

Oh well, next time it will be different

Baccuus, I'm going to call ya on this one, WHEN HASN"T GAMESDAY BEEN ON SATURDAY? not to be mean or anything, but when they tell you they want to have spike at gamesday, take a look at all the gamesdays, they've been on saturdays for a LONG LONG time now, I might be wrong but the last 3 I've worked at were all on saturday....

Instead of answering some of the bickering questions, and stupid easy questions ( no offence to anyone) WHY not answer...

WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON! WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN WITH SPIKE NEXT WEEKEND!

Ah well, maybe I'll just call my grandma or something, she might know more about this than.... GW or even baccuus for that matter!

skaven27Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2006 - 12:38 PM

Canada
apparently gw being rying to get a hold of the mobb to work this but one1 is returning thier calls........

i was think maybe the spike should come to montreal and let some1 here do it montreal style......

just think of the pretty girls we could get to pass out drinks during the game..........

BenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2006 - 01:31 PM

Canada
      skaven27 wrote:

just think of the pretty girls we could get to pass out drinks during the game..........

Brian has already promised this to us in the past and has failed to fullfill his promise.

But we don't need it, that's what the bars are for at night.

Gotta love it.....free lap dance with every bucket of beer purchased. Only in Montreal.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2006 - 01:56 PM

Canada
      Ben wrote:

Gotta love it.....free lap dance with every bucket of beer purchased. Only in Montreal.

Tell you what Ben, you buy me a beer at the Q'ermitt and I will get Rod to give you a lap dance! Shocked

Once he's drunk enough, I'm sure he'll go for it! Laughing

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2006 - 03:34 PM

Ben wrote:
Brian has already promised this to us in the past and has failed to fullfill his promise.

Yeah for some reason it was more difficult than I thought to convince the ladies to spend two days hanging out with geeks playing with little toys. Who would have thought. Wink

Some of you seem to be getting a little harsh on Baccuus. Just remember that for better or worse being a TO is a non paying mostly thankless job that takes a fair amount of work to pull off well. Having GW tied to you like an anchor is no surprise that things aren't going well. I know we're pissed off with the Spike but I haven't seen any reason to take it out on him. Though not knowing that Games Day is always on Saturday is agree'd a little suspect.

skaven27Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2006 - 05:26 PM

Canada
but brian.... he posted last week that he was suppose to get thing right and has even contacted gw.....

the thing i hate about gw is there monopoly on these games.....

if three countries can get it right,then canada do it to.....two bads don't make it right.....if we want the spike to be great then wehave to start working now for next year......

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2006 - 06:30 PM

All I'm saying is that there's plenty of blame to go around and I wouldn't start with Baccuus to dish it out. I've helped run GW BB events at Games Day before and I can assure you it's no picnic. Heck the last time I showed up and they had no idea who I was even though I had confirmed twice that I was coming Rolling Eyes

PaulOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2006 - 09:52 PM

Canada
      CyberHare wrote:
Heck the last time I showed up and they had no idea who I was even though I had confirmed twice that I was coming Rolling Eyes

Well, to be fair. I show up at events all the time and I have no idea who you are either.

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 19, 2006 - 03:40 AM

Laughing

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 19, 2006 - 06:58 AM

Canada
      CyberHare wrote:
Some of you seem to be getting a little harsh on Baccuus. Just remember that for better or worse being a TO is a non paying mostly thankless job that takes a fair amount of work to pull off well. Having GW tied to you like an anchor is no surprise that things aren't going well. I know we're pissed off with the Spike but I haven't seen any reason to take it out on him. Though not knowing that Games Day is always on Saturday is agree'd a little suspect.

I'll grant you that the TO job can be hectic, and I will mroe than agree with you about the fact that working with GW can be next to impossible - believe me I have also been there!

But the fact that Baccus has remained largely unavailable during this time of turmoil is really what kicks me in the gonads. Sure we all have busy schedules, but to say you only have time to eat, work and sleep is a bit of an exaggeration. When you are the TO of a tourney that is going down the s***ter then MAKE THE DAMN TIME! People are looking to you for answers and you have to be there for them. Full stop.

Keep in mind that I am not putting all the blame on him - GW still holds the lion's share of that one, but I think the whole thing was poorly handled. Be like the Navy captains and go down with your ship!

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic