NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 27, 2024 - 11:33 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Smashed Ankle! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TaxalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 13, 2006 - 07:53 AM

Canada
Well last night had my last pratice game with my Flings against Brie`s Wood Elves.
Very hard game, but I took it with a 2-1 final tally.

With everything that is good there is always bad. Before the game getting my players out, one Treeman decides he is going to attempt to fly. Well it didnt go so well for him.
Cement Floor + Treeman = Chipped paint, and a loss of arms.

Damn now one day before the tourney and have to do some patch work.
See you all tomorrow.

Dan (taxal)

Reply with quote Back to top
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 13, 2006 - 09:34 AM

Canada
Okay, the beasties are out of my hands, and I am looking to make a quick getaway! Deathbowl!!!! Woo hoo!

See you guys in a few hours.

Spazz

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

BB_BabeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 13, 2006 - 10:59 AM

The Scorpions are all excited and getting onto the team van right now, we'll be leaving Beantown shortly.

Squee!

Some Boston Blood Bowl Stuff
http://redwings-wilder.livejournal.com/

XtremeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 14, 2006 - 05:06 AM
Da Boss

United States of America
Good luck to everyone, i'll check out the site later.

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 14, 2006 - 03:56 PM

The site is working great. It has a few rough edges here and there but that's to be expected in a first run through. I'm posting this now during round 3 on one of our "coach computers" we have setup. Unfortunatly the game summary features for each match don't seem to be working but that's the only big bug we've found so far. I had to quiuckly reprogram the points calculations page this morning after a glitch was found.

Everyones having a blast. We lost a few coaches who pre-registered but 24 is still a fairly good turnout.

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 14, 2006 - 09:07 PM

Undisclosed
Spazz...I really dig the trees...good job! Smile

NAF Member #5236
---

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 16, 2006 - 08:43 AM

Vancouver, BC
Team Southern Ontario Made it out like Bandits taking:

Best Team
The Spoon
Most Sporting
Best Halfling Team
Most TD's by halflings
Most Casualties by halflings
Most [Tourny] Casualties

Great Time, Great People, Great TO, Great . . . Ahh too many things to list

One Last Word: B*tch! Wink

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 16, 2006 - 08:44 AM

Canada
Man.... if I said that I wasn't feeling rough today I would be lying! Smile
Back at work, after getting home about 2:30 last night.

Awesome tourney Brian! (As usual) Even though my 'flings went 1 and 5, I kept it close in every game except one, left a couple of players with a small handful of players on the field by the end of the game, and scored my first ever Deathbowl touchdown! So even though I came in second last place, I am very happy with my performance this weekend, and even more pleased at having won the Best Team award!

We talked about it on the way back to T.O. and made some solid plans to start playing LRB 5.0 to form a more educated opinion on what we think of the new system. Should be good!

To everyone who came out, it was good to see you again, and look forward to seeing you in the near future at other tourneys.

Remember the Deathbowl IV salute! B**ch! Laughing

Spazz

P.S. Thanks for the kudos Rob. I loved the trees as soon as I saw the models and they are WAY cheaper than the GW ones.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 16, 2006 - 08:48 AM

Canada
Eric,

you forgot that Talons took the Most TDs award for a non-halfling team: B*tch! Laughing

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 16, 2006 - 08:48 AM

Vancouver, BC
I also forgot I won the Skulls Game aswell

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 16, 2006 - 08:54 AM

Canada
Congratulations to Peter and Monster Mash on taking the Axe!

I tried my best but I just couldn't send those Rejects back to Valhalla and get through, good work Leath'!

Even more importantly, thanks to Bryan and the gang for a great tournament, plentiful drinks and food. Despite all the pizza and pop, I think I still lost weight through nerves during 15 turns of scoreless deathbowl!

Thanks as well to everyone at the tournament for making my first Canadian tourney experience a fun one!! Best tourney I've been too by far.

Hope I see you all at Deathbowl V. And maybe earlier at our Ottawa event next year...... come try 5 baby!

thanks,

Joe

p.s. I think the online stuff is a great addition btw. Especially the live standings updates on the net. That showed me my Fiancee truly loves me as she was checking on my progress all weekend Very Happy
Although, she didn't understand how the deathbowl winner is decided so she thought I had won Embarassed
Thats Deathbowl Baby, I wasn't Tough enough Evil or Very Mad

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 16, 2006 - 09:26 AM

Vancouver, BC
Just as a FYI for every one who was interested in the non-smudging & waterproof inking crayon that was used for many of the black and green dice of Team Southern Ontario [your welcome guys!! Evil or Very Mad ] and now Team Boston; it is called Staonal (pronounced: stay on all).

I got mine at www.advancinghordes.com (which is a Canadian retailer) but the shipping kinda sucks unless you get a resonably sized order of stuff (this is also where I got my treemen). Though there may be other places that sell it for better.

Also, just to let you know, so far 21 ~ 24 dice have been inked and only the tip of the crayon has been used up.

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 16, 2006 - 10:49 AM

Ahh the joys and sorrows of a Death Bowl weekend. Thank you to all the coaches who showed up for DBIV. It definetly was Team Southern Ontario's year having taken the lions share of the awards and prizes back home with them. Team Montreal is going to have to pull up it's socks and take back the pride at DBV. The gauntlet has been thrown down Very Happy A big congrats to Peter Meers who pulled out a win, under the clock and pressure, in the last turn of the second half of the DBIV championship match. That was without a doubt the most politicing I've ever seen in a DB championship match. Laughing A big thank you also to my wife and friends who are always there to support me at Death Bowl. Without them Death couldn't exist. A special thank you to my wife for not divorcing me after the umpteenth time of me saying "what did you do there" and then figuring out it was the website that was wrong Embarassed

So it looks like DBV will be run under some form of LRB5. Rolling Eyes I get the feeling the DBV rule book is going to need more than a few extra pages to house rule back in the fun.

Those of you who are checking out the stats on www.thedeathbowl.com will be understandably confused as to who exactly won the tournament. Joe Byers finished with the most points but Peter Meers won the championship match taking the tournament title. A bit of a big I didn't consider before hand. A simply way to resolve the problem would be to give the champ some sort of points boost. I'll think about it and figure out what can be done to fix that.

Look to the website soon for the tournament photo's.

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 16, 2006 - 11:00 AM

Notorious_jtb wrote:
p.s. I think the online stuff is a great addition btw. Especially the live standings updates on the net. That showed me my Fiancee truly loves me as she was checking on my progress all weekend Very Happy
Although, she didn't understand how the deathbowl winner is decided so she thought I had won Embarassed
Thats Deathbowl Baby, I wasn't Tough enough Evil or Very Mad

Ahh that makes it all worth it. Knowing that there was at least one person checking it out is at least confirmation that it's not a waste of time. Craig and Ben expressed interest in the system for their events. Hopefully the more people we get using it the better it'll get.

Apologies for not having photo updates on the website over the course of the weekend. I managed to forget the cable to attach my camera to the laptop both days Embarassed

There is a glitch in the way that skills get allocated at the moment so I'll need to fix that before coaches can update their rosters. If they want to.

PaulOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 16, 2006 - 03:35 PM

Canada
Sounds like it was a good time. Sorry I missed it.

Congrats Pete, and to all of the TBBF boys who were up there. I'll be with ya next year to defend the victory Smile

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic