NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 16, 2024 - 08:05 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Count Luthor likes your blood type. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 16, 2004 - 08:49 PM

Canada
Hey Scum,

Do you have the Maggots pitch built yet? Da No Good Broozers will take on any comers, especially those who aren't bigger than they are!

Having built this pitch has inspired me to re-do my first ever Blood Bowl team - DA No Good Broozers. The roughest, toughest band of no good, underhanded gobbos to ever take the pitch. my original models are the 1980's versions BB goblins, but now I want to do them with current range plastics. And yes, they will have a home field advantage on my board!

Reply with quote Back to top
Da_ScumOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 16, 2004 - 10:34 PM

Undisclosed
      Spazzfist wrote:
Hey Scum,

Do you have the Maggots pitch built yet? Da No Good Broozers will take on any comers, especially those who aren't bigger than they are!

Having built this pitch has inspired me to re-do my first ever Blood Bowl team - DA No Good Broozers. The roughest, toughest band of no good, underhanded gobbos to ever take the pitch. my original models are the 1980's versions BB goblins, but now I want to do them with current range plastics. And yes, they will have a home field advantage on my board!

ROFL! Do I have it built yet he asks? Rolling Eyes Won Best Pitch at Gencon, and has made many appearances at Gencon, Underworld Cup and the Canadian Open. Next appearance is Spike!, as that Home-field advantage is too good to pass up! Check the picture links on the TalkBloodBowl boards for Gencon of this year or last year and there should be a few recent pictures of Ivor Biggin stadium, Home of the #1 ranked Goblin team world-wide, Da Maggot Scum! Sponcered by Guinness, as all good Goblin teams are. (Which several say is the whole point... Laughing )

Otherwise I can direct e-mail them to you somewhere...wonders of Goblin tech these days... Mr. Green

ValenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 17, 2004 - 01:48 AM

England
By TBB I meant Talk Blood Bowl, you may get a some interest from other europeans due to the novelty of custom made pitches, and different weather conditions, thats what attracted me.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 17, 2004 - 06:29 AM

Canada
      Valen-S wrote:
By TBB I meant Talk Blood Bowl, you may get a some interest from other europeans due to the novelty of custom made pitches, and different weather conditions, thats what attracted me.

Thanks for the heads up on that - I will check it out.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 17, 2004 - 06:43 AM

Canada
Here is a new link for the updates to the goblin pitch:

http://ca.geocities.com/craigtw2001/goblin2.html

More pics!

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 21, 2004 - 06:44 AM

Canada
Thanks for all those who came by to talk to me at the Spike! and express the enthusiasm for the work that is being done for this tournament. For those who did see it, the goblin swamp stadium is almost dry now which will mean that the rafts will be going on and the board will be playable very soon.

But until it is completely dry, I do not want to lose my steam and am going to start work on my second (our 4th) board for the tournament, which will be the Sylvanian Vampire board, complete with graveyard right on the pitch! Playtesting will be in order, but the catch is that there will be a few gravestones blocking the way, however they can be removed by making a successful block against them (just don't use yer 'ead)!

If you are in the GTA, and would like a sneak preview of the tourney boards, then PM me and we can arrange something (as the boards are ready). Because of the unique nature of the boards, each one is going to have special kick of tables and weather result, as well as some minor considerations during play (e.g. the goblin stadium will see players falling ona 1 or 2 when sprinting, as they rafts and land are so slippery). In doing this I want to be sure of some semblance of game balance, and so will require some playetsting to be sure.

However, it should be noted that sometmes the "fairness balance" may not be all on one board. While some boards may favour some teams - the halfling stadium with it's "lush turf" will make it harder to punch through armour - a bonus for all AV 7 players! But then the payback will be when the players go onto the astrogranite field and find that their bones aren't as hard as they thought!

But work progresses, and as I said, the responses were very encouraging. Thanks all, and I look forward to giving everyone a tournament to remember!

Spazz

Da_ScumOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 21, 2004 - 09:39 AM

Undisclosed
Da Maggot Scum have made their contribution to this Noble effort of DOUBLING the Goblin stadiums by sending their "sponcer" list to one of the many slaves you have working on the stadium construction process. Laughing

A few more bribes like that should guarantee that my referees during the tournament shall be "Firm but Fair" Wink

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 22, 2004 - 01:50 PM

Canada
W.r.t. the vampire/graveyard board, I wanted to get some feedback from the players who are following this thread (and are therefore most likely to actually attend the event)!

In planning the construction of this graveyard pitch, I am wondering
how to deal with the issue of the gravestones on the pitch:

Option number one would have the players placing the gravestones. There will of course be certain limitations on where they can be placed (i.e. not on the front line) and also within a certain proximity (not all side by side in a row).

Option two would have the gravestones pre-placed and then the players just have to deal with them where they are. A cunning coach be able to use them to his/her/it's advantage! This option will also allow me to make more use of those little magnets so that I can pop the gravestones on and off easily.

I would REALLY appreciate any feedback on this. After all, it is the other memers that I am aiming to please!

Spazz

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

twistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 22, 2004 - 01:58 PM

Canada
One option would be for coaches to place them.

Another would be to have them permanent, but make the tops removable once blocked... maybe add a puzzle like connection so you can remove the top and it looks broken?

Or a third, more normal game, put them on the lines of each square so they dont interfere with play, but it would still look like a graveyard.

All three are fine with me, though these sorts of games would make more fun than competitive play.

HammerBowl. http://bkbbl.com/

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 22, 2004 - 07:48 PM

Canada
      twist wrote:
One option would be for coaches to place them.

Yeah, I mentioned that one, it would give the coaches some more strategy, but it also allows for some beardy rules bending that I may not forsee!

twist wrote:
Another would be to have them permanent, but make the tops removable once blocked... maybe add a puzzle like connection so you can remove the top and it looks broken?

Nah, once the gravestone is successfully blocked, I think it should just be outta there!

twist wrote:
Or a third, more normal game, put them on the lines of each square so they dont interfere with play, but it would still look like a graveyard.

I am not sure what you mean - the graves would be on the pitch, right? Well they would have to block traffice one way or the other. If they are vertical (parallel to the sidelines), then they would interfere with the left right traffic through the square that they are in, no?

twist wrote:
All three are fine with me, though these sorts of games would make more fun than competitive play.

Well as was said in a different thread, if you choose to be involved in this tournament you have to be prepared for a slight twist on your regular game of Blood Bowl! Perhaps you are right, these boards may be more suited for fun than competitive play. But to be honest, I would rather that people had fun Very Happy at my tournament than be competitive. Mad

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 23, 2004 - 12:13 PM

Canada
I was finding the web page that I was using a bit user-unfriendly, and have started to make the switch over to a group-based page. This will make the transition between photo albums easier and also allow other people the freedom to add pics of their own stadiums (that's your cue Scum!) to the photo album.

There is not only pics of what I am working on but what I have found in my research of other stadiums out there. Peruse and enjoy!

Spazz

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 23, 2004 - 12:15 PM

Canada
I suppose it would help if I put the URl..... Embarassed

http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/Qermitt/

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 01, 2004 - 04:28 AM

All right ladies and gents we're getting inside of the two week mark. Time to start making your travel arrangements, booking motel rooms, and saving up those small bills for the after party Twisted Evil

If anyone is flying into Montreal let me know and I'll see if I can pick you up at the airport. If anyone wants my phone number so they can contact me when they get here, in case you are lost or just want to hook up, PM me and I'll pass it along.

For anyone who is still on the fence if they are comming or not what can I say. I'll stand by my reputation from last year and say that the best thing to do would be to ask someone who was there last year if you should go or not. The chance to play on my glass field alone is worth the trip Smile

Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 01, 2004 - 08:51 AM

United States of America
As someone who went last year I can support that by saying you should definitely go!

I must sadly report that I am going to miss the Death Bowl this year, but I'm not at all happy about it Sad

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 07, 2004 - 06:19 AM

Canada
I have just uploaded some rules (which have yet to be playtested) on my website for the special stadiums that will be used at the tournament.

They can be found at:
http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/Qermitt

My goal with the special stadiums is to have each pitch with it's own distinct flavour (mmmm.. tastes like chicken!) no - not like that. I want each one to be more distinct due to it's geographical location and also due to the race that is hosting it. This will be achieved through modified kick off tables, but also through conditions on the pitch (e.g. the halfling stadium wiill have lush turf which will mean that all armour rolls are at -1).

My goal is to add an interesting twist onto the regular game of Blood Bowl without changing the game too much. As I understand it BB7's, Dungeonbowl are popular variations of Blood Bowl that are played all over the world, but I probably want to avoid being that extreme. The one exception is that I may include a "Streetbowl" board, but I would like some audience response to that. (I will include a link to rules for that later).

But the work is progressing, and more pics will be up soon! If you have any thoughts or suggestions, ideas or comments, please send them forward. Zombie, I expect your scrutiny on this one! (Just be nice when you give me your report!) Razz

Thanks all,

Spazz

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic