NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 04, 2024 - 02:49 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
That troll is soo stupid rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 27, 2005 - 08:55 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

snotsngrots wrote:
That's what I suspected. I guess that's a good way to play it. I'm still torn on how I feel about it though. You had 6 games? I guess 5 is plenty to determine table 1. Lass than that though..... Not enough IMO.

Way to go Tom.
Thanks Steve.

Coming out of the 5th round, I was 2 wins - 3 ties and Frank (SolarFlare) was 3 wins - 1 tie - 1 loss. Raw point wise without extras that was 55+55+35+35+35 for me (215) and 55+55+55+35+10 for Frank (210) ... so it was close between use to see who was playing in the championship. I think we had pretty similar extra points for CAS and TD as well ... so it was close.

As for Jenny's win ... early in the game Deeproot got a clear Blitz on Luthor and couldn't take him out on the knockdown. Few turns later Luthor was next to the sideline with Deeproot ready to push him out. Jenny could only get a one dice block on Deeproot with Luthor on a blitz and got the 1 in 3 odds to get out of trouble. Came so close to crowd surfing Luthor which is how Frank got rid of him in his game against Jenny.

I never found Luthor overpowered in our game ... Jenny spent 380k of your 1,000k on him to field him and had only 1 re-roll, 2 mummies, 1 ghoul, and skeletons to support him. A good hit and 40% of her team is gone. Just couldn't convert it. I played Jenny in Game 4 before the finals and fought her to a tie. Luthor wasn't a factor much in that game, fouled him when needed and Deeproot did a good job of keeping him in place ... even had 5 Flings at one point team up to knock him down to score a TD.

Anyway ... a good tournament.

Galak

Reply with quote Back to top
MightyZugOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 11, 2005 - 02:56 PM

United States of America

Well, Terry and I really wanted to come down for this tourney but we just couldn't make it work. I'm happy for JennyaFur as she is one of my favorite coaches in Blood Bowl. I really feel bad that I missed Zlurpee I but we'll definitely try to be there for Zlurpee II.

Way to pull off your first tourney Xtreme and congrats JennyaFur!

XtremeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 12, 2005 - 04:01 AM
Da Boss

United States of America
No problem I've been there. Hopefully see you next year, if not sooner.

I supose this thread doesn't need to be sticky any longer.

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 12, 2005 - 04:58 AM

Un-stickied.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic