NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 28, 2024 - 08:49 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Nuffle is a Blackshirt rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
XtremeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 14, 2006 - 01:00 PM
Da Boss

United States of America
      GalakStarscraper wrote:

Side Note of personal pride. My brother Dennis Anders (he won last year's Chaos Cup) has now played in all 4 GenCon Bowls ... 19 games. He has never lost a game yet (only coach who can say this ... Wolfgang is 2nd with only losing 1 in 19 games). This year he was 3rd in game points after Wolfgang and next in line after Rachel for Most Valuable Coach.

Typo, Dennis won last years GenCon Bowl not the Chaos Cup. Wink

Thanks for running the tourney again this year Tom had a lot of fun, even though result wise it was my worst GenCon finish yet. Thanks to Chris and al of my opponets for helping to make it a fun weekend for me.

Hope to see some of you guys at the Chaos Cup, and Underworld.

Reply with quote Back to top
KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 14, 2006 - 04:29 PM

Undisclosed
      GalakStarscraper wrote:
Congrats to Jay Deckman for winning the GenCon Bowl 2006 with 45 coaches attending.

Nice work Jay! What race did you play? Give us some play-by-play...Did you beat Wolfgang for his only GenCon loss? Smile

-Rob

NAF Member #5236
---

Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 14, 2006 - 08:19 PM

United States of America
congrat's JAY!!! represent!

lawquoterOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 14, 2006 - 08:46 PM

United States of America

you guys know you won't get a response from Jay unless and until you call him "The Champ." Laughing

He had a great tourney. He played Orcs and apparently could do no wrong. Well, that's how he explained it. Razz

#1 U.S. Vampire Coach (of 2 )

*note: loss only on the Street while playing halflings.

jkarrOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 14, 2006 - 09:16 PM

Lancaster, PA
I hear he will be playing those same Orcs at the Mafia Massacre. He is your chance to beat the GenCon Champ.

J. Karr

And yes I know it's a blatant plug.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 14, 2006 - 09:25 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

KarlLagerbottom wrote:
Nice work Jay! What race did you play? Give us some play-by-play...Did you beat Wolfgang for his only GenCon loss? Smile

-Rob
Jay played Orcs and did not face Wolfgang this year in his 5 games (Wolfgang tied in round 4 so was on table 2 instead of table 1 in the last round). Jay played Frank (the winner of last year's Chaos Cup) in the final round of this year's GenCon.

Wolfgang's one loss so far at GenCon in 4 years came from Dennis Anders last year in the final/5th round when the ball bounced to a Saurus who caught it and ran it in for the tournament winning TD.

Galak

SolarFlareOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 15, 2006 - 05:39 AM

Jay played awesome. His strategy was fairly simple: beat the heck out of the other guy. Obviously, it worked.

His roster, as I recall, was something like this: 4 black orcs, 4 blitzers, troll, goblin, thrower, 2 rerolls. His 6 skills were: block on black orcs (x4), tackle on a blitzer, and strip ball on a blitzer.

He beat up my team, and I just didn't have enough players to stop the winning score. I've been finding bruises on my players ever since I got home...

jaylazerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 15, 2006 - 06:44 AM

The Champ has decided to grace you all with a post. Smile

(I couldn't resist one more "The Champ" saying.)

It was a great time at the tournament.

SolarFlare had my roster, skills and strategy pretty much perfectly.

All of my games were a lot of fun. All 5 opponents played their teams really well and save my 3rd round game, they were all hard fought battles. Alex (3rd round coach) played hard but the dice really wanted me to win that game. I think I threw 20 blocks at his saurus and got 18 pows. Most of the time he could only stand them back up.

The whole con was great. Even getting killed many times in "Engarde!".

Thanks to everyone for the great time.

ChairfaceOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 15, 2006 - 09:24 PM

Canada

Great team name! I would love to see pics! Did you use the reaper wereshark as your Krox?

majortusk wrote:
well, then you can see my new painted team, The Freshwater Sharks Smile (It is such a good Lizardman Team name!!)

just kidding though, I hope you do play. I just got done talking to Nori, so maybe I can stay with you guys. Smile

OakOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 16, 2006 - 01:47 AM

Austria
I also had a great time! All games, exept the first one, were really hard and challenging and my opponents know that two of the games i have won really luckily.

Congratulation to Jay! I think if we would have played against he would have beaten me too.

Thanks Tom for the organisation it was a wonderful tournament again!

majortuskOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 16, 2006 - 02:59 AM

United States of America
      Chairface wrote:
Great team name! I would love to see pics! Did you use the reaper wereshark as your Krox?

sadly, i was unable to field the Sharks, was unable to fully finish them Sad

they will be ready for the chaos cup.

The mini i used for my krox was this guy Smile

BBC Lockerroom

MiloOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 16, 2006 - 08:25 AM

Switzerland
THAT is an awesome Kroxigor mini.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number 
SolarFlareOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 16, 2006 - 08:48 AM

I think I like majortusk's paint job even better. Twas a shame he didn't have the rest of the team ready.

ZarhanOffline
Post subject: Another Great Gen Con  PostPosted: Aug 17, 2006 - 07:50 AM

Well, my orcs finished 2 W, 2 T, and 1 L. I was finally able to get ahold of that elusive Austrian Laughing and actually played him to a tie. I will say this, I do believe he's one of the best players I've ever played against. Not only did he have some nice luck, but his tactics were very sound. Then I got to play Dennis (Tom's Bro), and a bit of nice rolls helped him along, and might I say I finally seen a Sauras successfully dodge, nice one there Dennis, as it blind sided me. The game was lost in turn 8 for me with double skullz, trying to knock a skink oobs. He played a terrific game, and I'm sure we will play again. I still have to work on my sportsmanship, as I tend to get mad when Nuffle disses me, nothing to any of my opponents, as I had 5 cool games. I do believe I will try something else next year, I have Norse or a return to my High Elves from year 1 Gen Con ( it was very sad ). If Dennis would like a shot with Orcs next Gen Con I will bring mine for him to use, as he stated he doesn't have any other teams to use, I'm sure I will change, it's just to what.

And finally Tom, thanx again you seem to bring the masses to game. Even females are flocking to your tables, keep up the good work, and I hope to see you in Chaos cup (if I can get vacation), otherwise next year @ GenCon. I noticed a lot of returning players, I hope they continue to return and bring friends.

Bobbo

OakOffline
Post subject: Re: Another Great Gen Con  PostPosted: Aug 18, 2006 - 03:44 AM

Austria
      zarhan wrote:
I was finally able to get ahold of that elusive Austrian Laughing and actually played him to a tie. I will say this, I do believe he's one of the best players I've ever played against. Not only did he have some nice luck, but his tactics were very sound.

Thanks for the laurel wreath! The game against you was one of the hardest and best. With a little more luck with your dice or a little bad luck with mine you would have won it! Thanks for the nice game, was a good experience!

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic