NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 23, 2024 - 12:38 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
In Roze-El we trust. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 06, 2009 - 01:32 PM

Canada
      Clan-Skaven wrote:
Eric good job, as for Moe , Larry & Curly, err I mean Joe , Spazzy & Lil Puppy, how'd you guys get confused by thos rules, even I understood it.....

Heck even Corky probably did you bunch of stooges! Very Happy

moe got it right dude! Laughing

Reply with quote Back to top
Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 06, 2009 - 01:38 PM

Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:
      Notorious_jtb wrote:
DUUUUUUDE!!!!

Did you read the other bits?

You know I think Joe's accent induces some sort of Jedi mind powers (and yes it even has the ability to transfer itself through the written word!). The more I thought on this though, the more I am convinced that I was right in the first place.

Eric did say that the initial 1,000,000 was for the team creation. Granted. But it was a bit confusing about the additional 70K because he did not list the stipulations of that until later. Not trying to be too much of a lawyer here, but he should have put the rules for the additional tourney money first and then could have referred to it when he talked about the money that was to be allocated in between rounds.

So DUUUUUUUDE!!!! right back at'ya. (and I even threw an extra "U" in there for good measure to show yout that I am more right than you. So I win!)

Eric, this is not meant to be a slight towards your writing abilities, as these kinds of things are hard to do. It is just me getting a jab in on the smarmy Englishman! Razz

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Funnily enough I did actually reconsider my post and toned it down because of the clarity reasons you cite. BEFORE anyone commented Laughing I didn't want to be unfairly critical.

However, to address your lawyer statement. The order of the rules is only relavent to their clarity not their meaning or intent. Therefore, double DUUUUUUUUDE! on you Wink

p.s. I also am not attempting to criticise eric. I am supporting the full reading and understanding of all posts campaign he so valiantly champions Cool

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 06, 2009 - 02:02 PM

Canada
By Cocky types you would be speaking of yourself of course....right Joe!!! Razz Hey Clan Skaven, the only reason I got involved was to oppose Joe's DUUUUUDE post to Spazz but it took on a life of it's own apparently lol.

Great idea Eric, will add a little different twist to the tourney for sure. If the date is in fact the 21st you can pretty much count me in, just a matter of finding out the bunch of turds that want to come along for the ass whooping.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 06, 2009 - 03:12 PM

Canada
      jrock56 wrote:
Great idea Eric, will add a little different twist to the tourney for sure. If the date is in fact the 21st you can pretty much count me in, just a matter of finding out the bunch of turds that want to come along for the ass whooping.

And of course you mean the ass whooping that you will all be receiving! Very Happy

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 07, 2009 - 11:47 PM

Vancouver, BC
Don't worry Gents I am not taking any of this personal as this is the reason I posted this rule here. And, I wanted such constructive criticism.

I wanted to get the different interpretations of what was in my head to better present them in a rule set later on. And, I do admit, after the fact, that what I posted could have been clearer. Though I blame the several BEvERages I had that night for the sloppy nature that they appeared. Also,I did make the quick mention of the starting team cost & procedure on purpose to show the concept as a whole, regardless of how they will be laid out in the official rules.

From the sounds of it, most seem keen on the concept and I will add it to the first draft that will be available soon. Hopefully a proper website will follow not too long after. Although I will be going through a big change in my life in the coming weeks, so updates may be more delayed than planned (No I am not going to be a father, or atleast as far as I know Wink ). Though feel free to get on my back if you feel more info is needed and I will respond ASAP (this also goes for the TO's who I am webmaster for).

As for the date of the tourney, once I get confirmation of the venue I will post it the second I know.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 07, 2009 - 11:54 PM

Canada
      Eric.R. wrote:
Although I will be going through a big change in my life in the coming weeks, so updates may be more delayed than planned (No I am not going to be a father, or atleast as far as I know Wink ).

No, to be a father would mean that you are actually getting laid! Laughing

My guess is on the sex change operation. Am I right Erica? Wink

All jokes aside, everything looks good. The ideas you have put forward are solid and looks like an interesting variation to make this a more unique tourney. As always, if you need any help in getting anything ready for this tourney, I am there for you.

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 08, 2009 - 12:38 AM

Vancouver, BC
      Spazzfist wrote:
No, to be a father would mean that you are actually getting laid! Laughing

Spazz . . . you know this will just lead to a Yo' Mamma joke . . . but I am going to let is go and be the bigger man Cool .

Seriously though, thanks for the offer of help and I am sure I will cash it in in the near future.

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 08, 2009 - 04:07 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
A bit off topic but Lil Pup your signature goes as is....

DWARVES RULE THE WORLD
"2008 Bongo Bowl Champion"
"2008 Bongo Bowl Most Touchdowns"
"2008 Lakeside Cup Eastern Champions"
"2008 Deathbowl Champion"
"2008 Deathbowl Most Touchdowns"

But you won the Death Bowl with Wood Elves not Dwarves.... so your Dwarves rule the world thingy is kinda not valid....

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

TaxalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 08, 2009 - 07:18 AM

Canada
DAMN!!!!!!!!!!

Love how this is turning out.

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 08, 2009 - 02:35 PM

Canada
Hey Clan Skaven, Although this shouldn't be necessary since you were there and played a major role in it (beating Joe 2-0) It was representative of my first Tourney Champion at Bongo Bowl with Dwarves...as a sidenote though you did sleep on a pool tarp after all so your memory might be a little hazy Smile I suppose I could include something about the Wood Elves from a more recent perspective.

Later Gents

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 08, 2009 - 09:07 PM

Vancouver, BC
Finally had some time to relax and get some work done on the rulebook. The highlighted areas are things I am working on either `cause they need more info or reworking. Any input is more than welcome.

Also, I would like to get an Idea of the number of people who are Planning on making it out. And if you are for sure going to make it or just 'planning' to attend. Sorry to sound bitchy about that but I need a solid number so I can determine which venue is best suited for us.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 - 07:20 AM

Canada
Eric,

The rules are looking good. Very clear now. But based on historical evidence I am sure that there is going to be one of the usual suspects to give me some grief about that comment! Razz

I am down as a definite! A fo'sho! A 4 Reel! Wo'evah b!tches! I am going to rock this tourney!

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 - 08:03 AM

Vancouver, BC
      Spazzfist wrote:
. . . But based on historical evidence . . .

that was for FLUFF reasons.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 - 08:47 AM

Canada
      Eric.R. wrote:
      Spazzfist wrote:

I liked it - just thought I would use it to get a jab in on a couple of my headbutting partners!

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 09, 2009 - 12:29 PM

Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:
      Eric.R. wrote:
      Spazzfist wrote:

I liked it - just thought I would use it to get a jab in on a couple of my headbutting partners!

I guess that just proves historical evidence is flawed. I suspect the range includes 40,000 GC as well Wink

like the stuff.
can't wait for icy conditions. maybe i should bring back the skaven for extra speed Smile

can we reroll the dice for the slide?
I.e. if we want to go the extra square can we try and reroll for a 1?

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic