NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 05, 2024 - 01:45 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Who remembers Dirty Player? rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
generaljasonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 15, 2010 - 02:54 PM

British Columbia, Canada
      GalakStarscraper wrote:

Okay ... forgive me ... because I will be shouting ... but not at you.

BECAUSE THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE PART OF THE JOB OF THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR POSITION OF THE NAF!

Sorry ... I'm not an elected official or even a volunteer helper for the NAF ... and it upsets me to hear that you've paid for domains and hosting for an NAF major for a couple/few years when its been part of the role of the Tournament Director position for the NAF to let you know that resource is something the NAF pays for for all 5 Majors.

IE ... I have NO idea why you are just hearing about it now or why I am the one having to tell you.

Also if you go and look at the tournament director 2010 election thread ... you'll see one of my questions was about whether the nominees would make sure this part of their job was done properly as it is clear its been neglected in the past.

Angry rant aside ... I'll get the information to you on how to use the free site for the future of the Spike.

Galak

Awesomesauce. I understand completely Tom. Thank you for your candour - I love reading a good rant. Again I had no idea about that site other than bumping into it one day way back when after bumping into this clearly outdated site:

http://www.bloodbowlmajors.com/

I share your distress in hindsight given that we have probably paid between $30-50 the last few years with domain names for Spikes 08-10, and the money isn't the issue, but that money is being wasted on upkeeping the domains of these outdated sites when they should have been pointed out long ago to those who would have kept these sites alive and who they were originally intended for.

Oh well water under the bridge. Like all the confusion our club experienced regarding entering our results into this site for Spikes 2008 & 09, in the end I'm just glad it has been resolved.

Thanks again Tom for letting us know about this. I agree that this isn't the way I should have found out about free domain space for major organizers, and the length of time to not be aware of it is unreasonable, but in the end I'm just glad we know about it.

Mike (civilian_number_two) or Kavin (Warpstone) will be able to make use of this site straight away - even if it is linking the NAF Spike domain to our own for this year and then going with the NAF Spike address completely for 2011.

Looking forward to updating that site and bringing it up to speed. Smile Again just send the info to Mike or Kavin as it will be one of those two that will be running our web show.

Cheers,
Craig.

Reply with quote Back to top
Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 18, 2010 - 01:39 PM

Canada
Interesting. I didn't know about the domains being run by NAF either.

Well at least this shows one thing: that it is totally worth promoting events on the NAF boards as people in the know check in on them!

Whilst we may weep for the duplication of the website at least the Spike is in good hands now.

generaljasonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 21, 2010 - 02:20 PM

British Columbia, Canada
Thanks Joe we try. Wink

Our Spike website for this year: www.spiketournament.com should be up and running within the week. I'll be sure to post updates here when this is done and then we can start online registration and announce our sign-up giveaway at the same time.

Craig.

generaljasonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 04, 2010 - 02:33 PM

British Columbia, Canada
Hey guys,

The Spike! 2010 website is now up and running and we have now started our pre-registration process. Again the dates for Spike! Magazine 2010 are Saturday, September the 11th and Sunday, September the 12th:

http://www.spiketournament.com/

Any team choices can always be changed via myself or civilian_number_two afterwards up until the date of the Spike! if you end up playtesting your roster in the next 3 months and decide to change it.

We will be giving away a special limited edition Spike! Magazine 2010 coin this year to all those who register. Here is the pic we have so far - the coin is 3D, brass, black/silver, and of course 40MM Wink :

Hope to see you all out. If you have any questions feel free to post here or contact me directly at thunder-bowl@hotmail.com

Cheers,
Gj.

generaljasonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 08, 2010 - 06:15 PM

British Columbia, Canada
I will try to post up here periodically to do an update on the pre-registration list and who has signed up so far. 3 months to go as of today for the Spike! Magazine 2010 and so far 14 coaches have pre-registered. Keep 'em coming guys and hope to see you on the other side of the pitch in the next few months.

Gj.

Spike! Magazine 2010 Pre Registration List:
Dated: June 8th, 2010. 3 months to go!

01. Tyler Reeves Surrey BC Candy Balloon Fairies Chaos Pact
02. Murray Campbell North Vancouver BC Edge of Darkness Dark Elf
03. Jason Woodall Vancouver BC Noxious Skaven
04. Andy Brandt Edmonds WA Dread Dark Elf
05. Kristian Hargreaves Port Moody BC Frengard Foxes Humans
06. Simon Thomsen Surrey BC Leap Frog Slann
07. Bob Wolf Stanwood WA Bring Out Your Dead Undead
08. Craig McAree New Westminster BC Keekos Poundposse Goblins
09. Geoff Roscoe Surrey BC Look-at-em-run Lizardman
10. Jon Dawes Vancouver BC The Minutemen Halflings
11. Jesse Curbello Surrey BC Kontract Killaz Orcs
12. Kavinay Kishor Surrey BC Ratchester United Skaven
13. Chris Slater Vancouver BC The Flayed Rock Firebeards Chaos Dwarf
14. Mike Adams Vancouver BC The Journeymen Goblins

generaljasonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 13, 2010 - 05:05 PM

British Columbia, Canada
4 more sign-ups over the weekend bring us to 18. 3 months to go before kick-off. Keep 'em coming guys!

15. Lee Eisner New Westminster BC Iron Maidens Amazons
16. Tony Hogan New Westminster BC Mostly Dead Undead
17. Steve Lemky Delta BC Dogs or Dags Norse
18. Rob Gordon Maple Ridge BC House Bunnies Amazons

generaljasonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 30, 2010 - 06:53 PM

British Columbia, Canada
20 coaches prereg and a little over 2 months to go! Here's a picture of the coin we will be giving away this year for every coach who signs up for September 11th and 12th:

Hope to see you out!

generaljasonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 23, 2010 - 04:31 PM

British Columbia, Canada
35 coaches pre-reg'd so far with a crew from Edmonton and Oregon signing up in the next couple of weeks. We have a new league in Seattle that just started up last month so we hope to get a few more players from Washington State, as well as at least 5-8 coaches from our own league that love to leave it to the last minute every year. Wink

If you are from Alberta, Washington State or in the greater Vancouver area and still on the fence be sure to pre-reg prior to Labour Day to receive the pre-reg discount ($40 CDN as oppose to $50) via this link:

http://forms3.createforms.com/76616/form_1_1.html

If you want to check us out be sure to visit the Spike! 2010 website found here for all the rules for the weekend:

http://www.spiketournament.com

Sure to be the largest Spike! Magazine we've ever hosted and sure to be be the largest Canadian tournament to date. Hope to see you out for what is always a fun filled weekend with 7 awards, a Spike! 2010 coin for every participant, plus plenty of door prizes.

Gj.

Da_ScumOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 28, 2010 - 11:13 PM

Undisclosed
Hmmm....a Spike without Scum is a recipe for an inferior team to sneak away with the title. (Yeah...only way Clan-Skaven had a prayer of winning was the one Spike! where his arch-nemesis was off in uniform for an extended tour..and look how THAT turned out! Laughing )

It may be last minute, but I might end up with a "sudden change in plans" that clears me to race out there.

And I may just have the custom team of VERY old GW mini's for it too all painted in true bloodbowl terror colours...

...if I can figure out how they are going to carry a football with plungers. Laughing (Still remember Jervis dropping his jaw in shock with "How on EARTH did you get those outside of England?" Dude...I was BASED in England with your bloody army...sheesh.)

Okay, massive planning on a whim, if its a good excuse to hang out with over 48 of the awesome people and players, I am so down with the sacrifice. Twisted Evil

generaljasonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 30, 2010 - 08:20 PM

British Columbia, Canada
He's alive!! Very Happy Great to hear from you Dave! Hope you can do what you have to do and make it out this year. 41 coaches pre-reg'd so far and this does not include some of our last-minute members of my own league who can't seem to register online Very Happy as well as Damion and his crew from Edmonton. Guaranteed to be the largest Spike! or BB tournament in Canada to date!

See what you can do and hope to see you out. Mike's running it this year so that means I'm playing so I hope to see you on the pitch this year as well!

Best regards,
Craig.

generaljasonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 03, 2010 - 07:05 PM

British Columbia, Canada
Pre-registration for the Spike! 2010 ends tomorrow: Saturday, September the 4th. Nobody will be turned away at the door come the weekend of September 11th and 12th, but if you know you plan on attending please take advantage of the $10 discount for online registration which can be found here:

http://forms3.createforms.com/76616/form_1_1.html

42 pre-registered coaches and growing by the day. 8 more sleeps. Hope to see you out in a week! Very Happy

Gj.

generaljasonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 07, 2010 - 07:11 PM

British Columbia, Canada
Pre-registration wrapped up over last weekend. 46 coaches signed up, and a couple from Washington and a couple more from Edmonton that I know of are on their way. 50+ players this year! If you're on the fence you can still sign-up at the door - nobody will be turned away.

Hope to see you out this weekend for the largest Spike! Magazine ever! 4 more sleeps. Very Happy

WeavOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 07, 2010 - 11:43 PM

United States of America
I know I've got one guy in my car that hasn't pre-reg'ed

generaljasonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 10, 2010 - 02:00 PM

British Columbia, Canada
Wicked Jay - looking forward to meeting the Ordo boys. Adams and McAree are always talking about how they have such a great time in Oregon so we are looking forward to returning that hospitality. Hope to see you on the pitch Jason - you got a beer coming your way. See you in less than 19 hours! Very Happy

PunkpogoerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 13, 2010 - 01:06 PM

United States of America
Great tourny. If you missed it you better start making plans to be there next year.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic