NAF Logo
leftstar May 22, 2024 - 10:34 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Leap over this you Wood Elf scum! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MightyQOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 06, 2006 - 08:49 PM

I played dwarfs in the 1st round, lost 0-2 (0-2).. On the naf site I am recorded as Playing Wood Elves, shows a tie 2-2, the same wood elves I played in round 2...

Reply with quote Back to top
Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 06, 2006 - 10:44 PM

United States of America
Naf rankings are silly.....

MightyQOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 06, 2006 - 11:21 PM

Naf rankings are silly, losing by 1 is better then tying, winning isnt important ??? Why do we play again ??? Oh right, to goto the bar and socialize Smile

I know NAF rankings arent accurate as all tournaments are different, but personally I would like my w/t/l record accurate...

Besides wanting to learn LRB to play in NAF Tournaments I went to Fumbbl because they kept stats Smile OLBBL didnt, we kept our own and yes I did !!! Of my 527 played in OLBBL, I kept records of my w/t/l of every race I played against and coaches...

I think the stats, rankings on NAF add a bit of fun... I am thinking of playing Vampires ONLY because there is 1 other U.S. coach that has a ranking and I have a 50 / 50 chance of becoming the best Vampire Coach in the U.S. LOL...

PaulOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 07, 2006 - 01:31 AM

Canada
[quote="Spazzfist"]
      Paul wrote:

But for the love of Pete, man! Learn to use the smiley icons! Very Happy Sad Smile Surprised Shocked Confused Cool Laughing Mad Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad
They help the rest of us to know that you are only joshing!

I don't use em cause smiley icons are for loosers who got nothign better to do than convert enough goblins to bring to a tournament and get stomped on by everyone there. Very Happy Laughing Cool Mad Razz Wink Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Exclamation Question Idea Arrow

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 07, 2006 - 07:41 AM

Canada
      Paul wrote:

I don't use em cause smiley icons are for loosers who got nothign better to do than convert enough goblins to bring to a tournament and get stomped on by everyone there. Very Happy Laughing Cool Mad Razz Wink Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Exclamation Question Idea Arrow

Bastard. Sad

And for your information, not everybody stomped me! I did win two games. Wink

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

PaulOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 07, 2006 - 11:39 AM

Canada
The other goblin coach doens't count. And neither did the game you played when you went home on Saturday night Smile

Last edited by Paul on May 07, 2006 - 01:00 PM; edited 1 time in total

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 07, 2006 - 12:30 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
http://ca.games-workshop.com/news/cn/events/spike/Totals.htm

There Paul documented proof of me having a winning record at a tourney , 3 Wins, 1 Tie, 2 Losses (3-0-0 on day 2) & I might add I was on the top half of the Final Standings!

Rod!

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 07, 2006 - 01:27 PM

I'll post it again .......

CyberHare wrote:
Ok the results have been entered. There were 2 non NAF coaches at the event and 2 coaches dropped out on day 2 so if you're missing a match that's why. Jay and Val stepped in for those matches and I'll have their matches in soon.

As for specifics

KarlLagerbottom wrote:
For whatever it's worth...your reported the order of the games wrong. (For me anyway.)

Rob you decided to not play round two so all your games are bumped foreward one. I checked them again with the forms you filled out and they are entered correctly.

MightyQ wrote:
I played dwarfs in the 1st round, lost 0-2 (0-2).. On the naf site I am recorded as Playing Wood Elves, shows a tie 2-2, the same wood elves I played in round 2...

I answered your PM but I'll answer you here as well. Your first round opponent was not a NAF coach thus it was not a NAF game.

twistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 07, 2006 - 02:00 PM

Canada
Thanks for getting the results in so quickly, Brian! Only 20 or so more points for me to take Germany out of the top 5 Lizardman spots! Laughing So thats.... approximately 4 tourneys, at maybe 2 a year... Shocked LOL

HammerBowl. http://bkbbl.com/

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 07, 2006 - 03:35 PM

Undisclosed
      CyberHare wrote:

KarlLagerbottom wrote:
For whatever it's worth...your reported the order of the games wrong. (For me anyway.)

Rob you decided to not play round two so all your games are bumped foreward one. I checked them again with the forms you filled out and they are entered correctly.

Why was I "bumped" at all? Shouldn't my rating be reflective of who I played in the order that I played them? My opponent's CR at the time that they played me is the relevant point here...I played no 2nd round game...my 3rd round game was played against X and as such the win or loss does this to my rating...the option of sitting out rounds was built-in to the Team Based format...you mean to tell me there is no mechanism in place to track individual's performances properly for the sake of NAF Rankings?

-Rob

P.S. F-P was my Death Bowl round opponent at DB3...he is listed as my first opponent. That obviously has to effect the rankings. (And, if in some bizarre twist of math it doesn't...it's still reported improperly so the possibility that F-P's rating is incorrect, as well as anyone that he played, and anyone that they played...is also a possibility.)

NAF Member #5236
---

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 07, 2006 - 07:19 PM

KarlLagerbottom wrote:
Why was I "bumped" at all? Shouldn't my rating be reflective of who I played in the order that I played them?

You played Ranthorn in round one. Skipped round two. Played Mordain5 in round 3, Blank_Page in 4 & Sssass in 5. To me that adds up to 4 rounds to be entered into the system. All rounds are date and time stamped. The system does not know game two was not played in round two. It only knows the date and time. You played Mordain5 on Saturday in the time slot of round 3 and were calculated according to the TR he had at that point in time. How is this complicated?

As for the DB I'll look into it.

PS. you're welcome. Rolling Eyes

Blank_PageOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 07, 2006 - 07:49 PM

Canada
Cool. So if the system goes off time stamps, then the results from the CDN Open will change my rating for the games that were played at tihs tourney?

MightyQOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 07, 2006 - 08:35 PM

So NAF doesnt have a system for non-NAF players in tournaments ???
Wouldn't a Non-NAF player just be recorded at 150 Coach Rating ???

Something sounds so screwed up...

I dont like my record to be wrong, says I am 2/1/1 when I was 2/0/2 and my touchdowns for and against are wrong...

This just keeps getting better and better...

twistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 07, 2006 - 08:59 PM

Canada
Mighty Q: Your NAF record is just that, a record of your results versus other NAF coaches.

You should be PMing Brian about your record being wrong so that he can fix it, this forum isn't really the place.

HammerBowl. http://bkbbl.com/

MightyQOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 07, 2006 - 09:16 PM

twist wrote:
Mighty Q: Your NAF record is just that, a record of your results versus other NAF coaches.

You should be PMing Brian about your record being wrong so that he can fix it, this forum isn't really the place.

I posted here after seeing KarlLagerbottoms issues and then pm'd Brian and the answer I got was that my 1st opponent was a non-naf opponent...

Since it was posted here, asking in general for all those who have been in more tournaments then me...

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic