NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 04, 2024 - 06:35 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Go for it! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 24, 2007 - 02:22 PM

Canada
      Ben wrote:
At my table i had a french dude, Glen, and Glens Buddy.

All i remember is that the french dude scored 2 td's, i had 1, Glen had 1, and Glen's friend had 0.

Really helpful there Ben! Wink For the record "Glenn's friend" is Chris Wilson - coach of Mofo's Revenge. What race did French Guy coach?

Ben wrote:
I'm sure Glen can verify my dominance in making all the players on the field my bitches.

So explain how he is your bitch when he scored more TD's than you? Bitch! Laughing

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Reply with quote Back to top
Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 24, 2007 - 03:05 PM

Canada
ok, looks like I have almost enough to do this, I'll put them in tonight or tomorrow so there all happy and shiny b4 the weekend!

cheers
JTB

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 24, 2007 - 03:07 PM

Canada
p.s. Ben can you approve the tournie so I can enter the results when i get a moment?
cheers
JTB

CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 24, 2007 - 08:09 PM

Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:
      Ben wrote:

All i remember is that the french dude scored 2 td's, i had 1, Glen had 1, and Glen's friend had 0.

Really helpful there Ben! Wink For the record "Glenn's friend" is Chris Wilson - coach of Mofo's Revenge. What race did French Guy coach?

Ben wrote:
I'm sure Glen can verify my dominance in making all the players on the field my bitches.

So explain how he is your bitch when he scored more TD's than you? Bitch! Laughing

The "french" guy was Manuel Leclerc. I thought that he played Necros, which is what I had in my table. But I'm now thinking that he may have coached Norse. Ben, Glenn and Rod all played against him, so hopefully they can tell us what race he really played.

If you guys can double-check the table that I posted for other mistakes, I would appreciate it.

twistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 24, 2007 - 08:59 PM

Canada
I just checked my team sheet, I wrote it all down. I won 1-0-0-0, and I remember that my Half-Pint Hellions took ZERO casualties against (sounds odd, but its true!), while the Mighty Sweetbuns took the most casualties against. Are you sure it can't be CAS against that is the tie breaker? Laughing

Casualties for, it was the Marienburg Swashbucklers with 4 CAS caused, 1 death. Hutta Harda and Half-Pint Hellions had 2 CAS caused each (go Trees go! LOL), zero CAS for the Sweetbuns.

So with casualties ranking our #s 2-4, our standings are like this:

1)Half-Pint Hellions (1 TD, 2 CAS)
2) Marienburg Swashbucklers (0 TDs, 4 CAS)
3) Hutta Harda (0 TDs, 2 CAS)
4) Mighty Sweetbuns (0 TDs, 0 CAS)

I wouild appreciate it being recorded in NAF, how often will you see Halfers win a DB game??? Wink Sorry Marc-Andre, that will give you the loss. (IMO 1st vs 3rd, 2nd vs 4th works for a 2-1-0-0 score, but not a winner and 3 way tie. I'd personally give you all ties, but thats a discussion for another thread...)

HammerBowl. http://bkbbl.com/

BenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 24, 2007 - 09:26 PM

Canada
      Cramy wrote:
      Spazzfist wrote:
      Ben wrote:

Ben wrote:

The "french" guy was Manuel Leclerc. I thought that he played Necros, which is what I had in my table. But I'm now thinking that he may have coached Norse. Ben, Glenn and Rod all played against him, so hopefully they can tell us what race he really played.

If you guys can double-check the table that I posted for other mistakes, I would appreciate it.

The French dude played Norse.

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 25, 2007 - 06:10 AM

Canada
      twist wrote:
(IMO 1st vs 3rd, 2nd vs 4th works for a 2-1-0-0 score, but not a winner and 3 way tie. I'd personally give you all ties, but thats a discussion for another thread...)

Its 1st vs 4th and 2 vs 3rd for the rankings.

So Half-pint hellions get a win vs sweetbuns and Marienburg swashbucklers tie with hutta harda.

JTB

I think rankins for deathbowl is a bit hard. Not sure its ever gonna be perfectly fair.

BB_BabeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 25, 2007 - 08:21 AM

Notorious_jtb wrote:

Its 1st vs 4th and 2 vs 3rd for the rankings.

Nope: 1 vs 3, and 2 vs 4 has been the standard and is in the tourney rulebook.

Cheers,
Mo

For NAF results, there's no way to enter a win for one player and a tie for the opponent, so 3 way ties for last place are not an option.

Some Boston Blood Bowl Stuff
http://redwings-wilder.livejournal.com/

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 25, 2007 - 08:44 AM

Canada
Wow your right, I even quoted it already on this forum!

"The first five rounds of the 2006 Death Bowl will be played as 1 on 1 games and will be counted towards a coaches NAF rating as per the usual NAF rules. The final round of Death Bowl matches will effect your NAF rating in the following manner. In each group of four, the winner and 3rd place player will count as having played a standard game and the 2nd and 4th place players will count as having played a standard game. Determine how each player ranks by touchdowns scored, casualties caused, and finally if the previous two criteria do not determine a ranking, by overall tournament points for the first four rounds of play."

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 25, 2007 - 08:48 AM

Canada
      Quote:

For NAF results, there's no way to enter a win for one player and a tie for the opponent, so 3 way ties for last place are not an option.

yeah i know.
I think that possibly the fairest way, for NAF rankings, is to have you play a game against the player directly oposite yourself as your scoring tds against them and they are doing the same to you.
This way, no one will just let someone run in a TD too, as it affects their ranking Smile
I also think that current tournament order should determine table placing so, 1 is opposite 2 and 3 is opposite 4 just like in swiss stylee.

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 25, 2007 - 08:51 AM

Canada
      Quote:

So yeah this would be HPH 1 vs 0 Hutta Harda and Marienburg S 0 vs 0 Mighty Sweetbuns.
It is unfair that the last place team gets a tie and the 3rd place team gets beat! But thems the rules for DBIV.

So its more important now to find out the missing casualties.

BB_BabeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 25, 2007 - 09:02 AM

There's always unavoidalble quirks. If you went by phsyically opposite players you could get:
#1 vs #3, 2:1 TDs, and #2 vs #4 0:0 TDs, and 3 would get a loss while 2 and 4 get ties. I think Brian's solution was the right one.

However, a tie breaking penalty of TDs allowed might be good.

Some Boston Blood Bowl Stuff
http://redwings-wilder.livejournal.com/

CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 25, 2007 - 09:33 AM

Canada
      Notorious_jtb wrote:
      Quote:

So yeah this would be HPH 1 vs 0 Hutta Harda and Marienburg S 0 vs 0 Mighty Sweetbuns.
It is unfair that the last place team gets a tie and the 3rd place team gets beat! But thems the rules for DBIV.

So its more important now to find out the missing casualties.

Yes then, the rules do stipulate 1st vs. 3rd, and 2nd vs. 4th. So that means that I lose to the Flings. Laughing

Joe, we will have to redo our table then. We will need the CAS info, as you say.

For the next DB, I think that 1st vs. 4th and 2nd vs. 3rd makes more sense than what is there now. Using opponents facing each-other could work too, and would make figuring-out opponents for rankings much easier.

Marc-Andre

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 25, 2007 - 09:34 AM

Canada
      BB_Babe wrote:
There's always unavoidalble quirks. If you went by phsyically opposite players you could get:
#1 vs #3, 2:1 TDs, and #2 vs #4 0:0 TDs, and 3 would get a loss while 2 and 4 get ties. I think Brian's solution was the right one.

However, a tie breaking penalty of TDs allowed might be good.

Tie breaker of TDs conceded before casualties caused does appeal, in any sorting system. I don't have a problem with the player that conceded the most TDs losing, it seems very fair. If i let someone score 2 and no one else does I should lose!

If you are going to do the ranking system, 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3 is the way to go imo. that way the last person definitely gets the loss. 1 vs 3 is a little unfair re rankings.

My favorite options though is still having you play your ranking game against the person opposite you. As you are scoring against each other this is the closest simulation to the actual 1 vs 1 system that the rankings are based upon and therefore the fairest IMO.

JTB

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 25, 2007 - 09:41 AM

Canada
      Notorious_jtb wrote:
My favorite options though is still having you play your ranking game against the person opposite you.

So would you alter the Deathbowl round so that the person opposite you would be the person you would have faced were it not a Deathbowl round? (As oppose to the current system where the person opposite you is luck of the draw).

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic