NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 29, 2024 - 09:17 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
New coach needed for Chaos All-Stars. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
kaltenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 23, 2003 - 08:16 AM

Chris wrote:
      kalten wrote:
2nd overall in the touney and I've had a great time....Until next time, my new friends...until next time...
Twisted Evil

Is that next time Spikey?
Or are you waiting to beard the ECBBL in their lair? Smile

It looks like its gonna have to wait as I've been banned from spiky...nooooooooooooooo! The missus has already planned my life! Sad Even now I can see the thumb of doom hovering over my head...someone help me...please... Confused

Anyway, when is the lair opening for me to come a bearding Question

Reply with quote Back to top
DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 23, 2003 - 09:54 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
      kalten wrote:
It looks like its gonna have to wait as I've been banned from spiky...nooooooooooooooo! The missus has already planned my life! Sad Even now I can see the thumb of doom hovering over my head...someone help me...please... Confused

Have you tried the "fancy a weekend in Paris/Amsterdam/Valencia/Mannerheim?" trick yet. My missus is happier going with me to European events, than me going on my tod to UK ones.

longfangOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 23, 2003 - 10:56 AM

Doubleskulls wrote:
My missus is happier going with me to European events, than me going on my tod to UK ones.

Yea but what happens when you get slaughtered with the lads?

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 23, 2003 - 11:25 AM

England
Here's a rundown of my games, as best as I can remember them. Apologies for any inaccuracies.

Game 1> Win 4-0 Cas 3-0 against Doubleskulls High Elves.

Doubleskulls has already given a pretty accurate commentary of this game earlier, though he didn't mention the pouring rain or the fact that my 3 casualties came early on in the first half. Not an easy position to be in for any Elf team.

Game 2> Lose 2-1 Cas 3-1 against maitre-tactac's Dark Elves

I kicked off in the first half in more pouring rain. (I kicked off every game, using 3-4-4 standard fast team defence every time). Quickly went 1-0 down and then settled in for the long drive up field. I hate Elves with their block/dodge and refusal to fail dodge rolls. Right at the end of the half that damned Witch Elf dodges into several tackle zones and sacks my block/dodge Ghoul on a one dice block. The ball, of course, bounced to her and then she caught it too. Mad The elves didn't pull off any similar antics on my second half drive so I eventually levelled the game at 1-1 with 2-3 turns left. I then faced the choice of defending a draw or putting pressure on his thrower and hope for a win. I went for the win. Big mistake. In this game he won 2 extra re rolls a half, and needed them.

Game 3> Lose 1-0 Cas 4-3 against Kadu-C's Amazons

I put on a fierce defence and, despite it seeming like every block he rolls results in me down, I finally sack his ball carrier to prevent a first half score. (He did fail to pick up the ball for the first 2 turns, with sure hands.) What should have been a simple drive to the end zone, ends up as a 6 turn scrabble for the ball after somehow he gets players into my cage and sacks my block/dodge Ghoul. My last 6 turns consist largely of free actions-action-action-fail-your turn. E.g 2 dice blocks with Mummies ended in me on the floor and him standing. I also went from a player up, to a player down, in a single turn mid half. He eventually steals the ball for a turn 8 winner.

Game 4> Win 2-1 Cas 4-0 against Haggislad's Amazons

A very tight game. It was 1-1 at the half, but despite staunch defence the high rate of attrition and a little luck brought in an 8th turn winner.

Game 5> Draw 2-2 Cas 0-0 against Ace2k00's High Elves

This game cost me the most casualties prize. He decided to always dodge away, even into multiple tackle zones, to avoid being blocked. As a result his 2 serious injuries came from dodges, and not blocks, so didn't count.
My first roll of the game was Skull Skull re roll Skull Skull . This let him through for an early score, but I equalised by the half. In the second half he then managed to turn me over by dodging into 3 tackle zones for a 1 dice blitz with strip ball. I recovered the ball with my block/dodge Ghoul but he was left exposed and got sacked again. A second attempt to recover the ball ended in Skull re roll Skull . A pass later and I was 2-1 down. However I was able to force my way past him for an 8th turn equaliser.

Game 6>Win 2-1 Cas 4-2 against Indigo's Humans

The first quarter was a nightmare. I managed to sack his side step catcher with a Ghoul, but he dodged into a tackle zone to pick up the ball and score. Indigo then won the pitch invasion with a double 6 seriously injuring a Ghoul, added to the Wight in turn 1 and the Zombie in turn 2 i was now down 3 players for the rest of the game, with no return injuries for the Humans. He then sacked my block/dodge Ghoul, KOing him, and stole the ball. At this point I thought I was going down by 4-6 TDs, and 3-6 Cas. There was an L shaped wall between me, and the ball near the side line, but Indie fluffed the pick up. I then got the luckiest equaliser. I recovered the ball with a Ghoul, who was then sacked and stunned. I recovered with a Wight, who handed off to another Wight who made a lone dash for the line. He survived being 2 dice blitzed by the thrower, and was then forced into a half dice return blitz in order to dodge out for the score.
The second half saw us reduced to 8 men a piece after a quick and exciting dash for my second lucky score. 3 turns of difficult defence then caused Indie to turn over in turn 6, and an interception by the remaining Zombie ended a long shot passing attempt at an equaliser. All in all this was one tough game.

Thanks to all my opponents. Win or lose you all played hard and fair, and I look forward to meeting you all 'on the field' at some point in future tourneys.

dwarfcoachOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 23, 2003 - 01:14 PM
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl

One of the great and yet suprising things was the calibre of players who attended. I played Raven who came last, but he was a great player who was besieged by quite alot of bad luck (which is never good in a Norse vrs Dwarf game).

At the WPS Challenge Cup (the only other tourny I have ever been to) the players were of a vastly different level, and I do not mean just gaming ability, I mean of everything: good humour, sportsmanship, painting quality, dedication and even quantity of alcohol!!!!!!!! Wink Twisted Evil

I think that it seemed to be one of the first times the NAF really flexed it's muscles and I gotta admit I was really impressed!!!!

EDIT: Doh, I'm not dissing the WPS by any means, I just read this post and it comes over a bit superior and all. I'm a complete newbie at this tourny scene and any opinion I have about my experience have to be taken with that in mind..... Embarassed

I had a great time at the WPS as well, I really did...

Roll on Camcarnage 2004 (unless I can get to the spiky that is....)

224th at The World Cup II

DeathwingOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 23, 2003 - 01:20 PM
Former President

England
Dan sent me through his pics this afternoon (cheers mate) and there's some up on on Wodell. (Hit the link below and follow the link on the main page.) Figured you guys might like me to see about getting the results in before I bother adding captions. Wink

JJBOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 23, 2003 - 04:33 PM

I'll add my post too...

Big thanks to Indigo for organising this great tournament, to all who helped, and everyone who participated: that was fun!

- Indigo, looks like you'll have more painting to do for next year's trophies...

The breakdown of my games? The only possible description is this:
Game 1 vs Bryan Railton's Orcs: 1-0. I (luckily) smashed orcs, so easily that I could have scored at least one more TD had I actually played well.

All my other games: I could hardly cause casualties or take out players with my piling on mummies, which meant that it was nearly impossible to control the game against all my other opponents who were overall of the 'agile' type. Obviously, my not playing well did not help...

KaduCOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 23, 2003 - 05:46 PM

France
Once again, thanks to Indigo for the organisation.
It was really a great tournament !
And the location was very original: I've never played BB in a church before, my friends were really surprised when I told them that Shocked

I posted my pics on TBB, but I give you also the link here:
http://www.francebloodbowl.com/special/20030922_tournoi_cambridge/

I give you few references, but have a look on the others too !

-159 to 165, 169: the Prizes
-172 to 180: Deathwing's Amazons
-181: Deathwing's new Griff
-184 to 189: Game 1 Vs Darkson
-191 to 196: Game 2 Vs JJB
-198: Venomous Breath's Coaching Staff
-205 to 207, 220: Game 3 Vs Mordredd
-208 to 219: Mordredd's minis (I apologize, some photos are really fuzzy)
-221 to 226: Deathwing's Orcs
-228 to 231: DungeonBowl with 6 coaches !
-235 to 237, 243: Game 4 Vs Louis X (l_dauguet on TBB)
-241, 242, 244: Game 5 Vs Al The Trowel
-245 to 247, 255: Game 6 Vs Mr Railton
-248: Indigo's Mr T
-265 to 275: Awards Ceremony
-280: Indigo and the Continentals !

I wrote a big report of my games, but only in French Rolling Eyes
And I'm too lazy to make the translation Smile
I would like to congratulate all my opponents for those great games we had, probably the most tense games I've played in my life.

I definitely hope to be able to attend CamCarnage 2004 !

kaltenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 23, 2003 - 06:08 PM

Great pictures Kadu!
I managed to go the whole weekend without remembering that I had my camera-phone with me and so only got 3 pics right at the end, after everyone had gone to the pub! Smile doh!

Download the SWARMM BloodBowl League Spreadsheet!

HangusOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 24, 2003 - 05:18 AM

Undisclosed

of course dwarf coach would forget who else he played it was me and it was my only victory.

second off bottom, not bad maybe at camcarnge 2 i'll manage third off bottom.

i only sat on two tables the whole event

great time

LouisXOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 24, 2003 - 05:39 AM

Undisclosed

Here, you can see some of my pics. I haven't put them all yet.

http://club-jeux.indriya.org/lutece/forum/index.php?board=8

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
LouisXOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 24, 2003 - 07:02 AM

Undisclosed

I can't resist this one :

On sunday night, the french team found some food in a trash can ! Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
ThadrinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 24, 2003 - 07:22 AM

Sweden
      Longfang wrote:
      Doubleskulls wrote:
My missus is happier going with me to European events, than me going on my tod to UK ones.

We're married. We go for dinner at overly-loud Australian pubs instead.
Who needs kebab when you can have Kangaroo?

OT: just seen "The NAF is overpowered" up top... Laughing

DeathwingOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 24, 2003 - 07:48 AM
Former President

England
      Thadrin wrote:
We go for dinner at overly-loud Australian pubs instead.

Overly-loud before you arrived? Shocked

LucyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 24, 2003 - 08:05 AM

Undisclosed

Longfang wrote:

Thank Nuffle I wasn't there.
What a bunch of Embarassed Shocked Cool Orc Trophy

Lucy
Vampire

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic