NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 16, 2024 - 05:51 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Turn 8. Remember to score. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TorporOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 07, 2004 - 06:38 AM

Undisclosed
Question regarding the Graveyard Pitch - Will there be open graves (pit traps) on it?

It shouldn't really matter about placement of the headstones as you can always have them placed beforehand and then toss a coin to see who gets which end of the pitch.

Looking forward to seeing more photos of your pitches. Always good to see how other people do things as it gives me ideas. It is tempting me to make a ruined temple/swamp pitch for a Lizardman Team now...

-Torpor

Reply with quote Back to top
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 07, 2004 - 06:51 AM

Canada
The open graves might not be a bad idea! Smile I hadn't planned on that one, but it is definitely worth some consideration. Maybe it would be a clean pitch (no open graves to begin with - but one of the kick off results would have a zombie rise from the ground to attack the players. This woul dhave the dual effect of a mangy zombie on the loose and an open grave from whence he came. Hmmmm....

But funny you should mention the placement of the gravestones. I just received a copy of the BB Annual 2002 last night (had bought it on ebay) in there they have rules for a jungle pitch with trees, and how to place them on the field. Basically you have X number of trees and then each opponent places them on the opponents half of the pitch and then scatters them d6 squares with one roll on the scatter template. I am, thinking that that might be the way that I would like to go.

I am borrowing a good camera this weekend and when I have taken a few more snaps, then I will post them right away.

Spazz

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 07, 2004 - 08:07 PM

Canada
The way my time and schedule is right now I have very little time to sit down and paint thigns or work on a board. So I have been stealing the moments here and there to come up with the rules for the different stadiums.

I have just uploaded rules for the graveyard pitch and I welcome all to have a look and tell me what you think!

Spazz

P.s. The Halfling pitch rules will be up next - just fer you Lagerbottom!

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 08, 2004 - 01:49 PM

Canada
Experimental rules for the halfling stadium are now up.

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 08, 2004 - 04:56 PM

Undisclosed
Spazz-
I haven't looked at them yet, but I guess this means that the BellyBusters will be making another trip. (Unless they win the DeathBowl...in which case they might be changed to the Belly Boasters. Very Happy)

I'll tell you what though...I am planning a Philadelphia Tourney for April 2005. If I make it up to Ontario for your's I better see you in the States pal!!!

-Rob

NAF Member #5236
---

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 08, 2004 - 05:47 PM

Canada
      KarlLagerbottom wrote:
I'll tell you what though...I am planning a Philadelphia Tourney for April 2005. If I make it up to Ontario for your's I better see you in the States pal!!!

Well my girlfriend and I are in negotiations as to how many tourneys I can do in a year, but if you are holding one (and Philly is do-able) then for sure I will be there! (To make a sweep of all the prizes!) King Trophy King

Spazz

ValenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 09, 2004 - 03:22 AM

England
All tyhe stadium Rules are posted on TBB for analysis over htere aswell.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 01, 2004 - 05:57 AM

Canada
As I spread the word of this tournament to people I am bumping into at the local GW, and the tournaments I have attended, I am getting a lot of positive feedback and people's promises to attend. Couple that with the people whom I have never met, but have told me of their intention through the forum and I am starting to get a sense that I will have a very good attendance at this event!

My only concern with this is that the space I have booked may not be big enough.

I am wondering if people can start telling me whether or not they plan on attending. Even "maybes" would be helpful to allow me to project and plan. Once I have some rough numbers, then I will start selling tickets with an early bird discount.

A listing of all attendees will be put at the front of this thread.

Thanks,

Spazz

P.S. More pics of the goblin swamp stadium are up on the group site.

BenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 01, 2004 - 07:35 AM

Canada
You can count me in. I wouldn't want to miss playing on all these awesome and unique looking boards.

Ben

AnthonyTBBFOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 01, 2004 - 07:41 AM

Toronto, ON
I am pretty sure I'll be there.

Orion Cup - June 8, 2013

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 02, 2004 - 07:08 PM

Canada
I am going to make some inquiries, but as a back-up plan I am going to look at booking the Oakville Battle Bunker for this tournament (where the Spike!) tournament was held.

If all goes well, I think we might have a larger capacity that would fit into my originally planned space!

The person to speak to is away until Thursday, more when I know more.

Spazz

BikerbobOffline
Post subject: I am there.. one way or the other!  PostPosted: Nov 06, 2004 - 06:17 AM

As I told you last night before your frick'n bunny blitzers injured both my Stormvermin on the first turn of the game! Evil or Very Mad Pow Shocked

I will be there for sure Craig, and as you know, just so others know, I am available for help in construction, painting, planning, organizing, and quite frankly if you need help with the tournament days I am willing to do that instead of playing.

Being part of a successfully run tournament is just as satisfying as playing in it, in my book, and there will be a lot in 2005 for me to play in. I would think this one will need at least a few people in an organizing commitee to pull of.Mr. Green

James

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 10, 2004 - 04:55 PM

Undisclosed
Spazz-
I don't know if you have this posted on your site, but what are the actual dates in March 2005 for your tourney? I'd like to make your and OMMs in Florida...if possible.

Please let me know when you get a moment.

Thanks. -Rob

P.S. Oh yeah...the Flings are out! Don't plan on seeing me play them at your tourney...I may never play them again. I have tried and tried to make something out of this team...but what can you do with a 'Fling team that can't dodge?

I think I must somehow be getting all of the Halfling players that other Fling coaches cut after they get niggled. They are too dumb to know that they are hurt, but when they try to move ::BANG:: the knee goes out. Neutral

Like 1s and 2s? Play Flings...you'll get your share...and then some. Smile

NAF Member #5236
---

Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 10, 2004 - 05:09 PM

United States of America
lol! gotta get Deeproot son! he makes flings scary....plus Take root is changing so they'll be a tad more competitive now.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 10, 2004 - 07:47 PM

Canada
Rob,

The tournament will be on the 19th and 20th of March which will be the weekend after OMM's "Three Kingdoms Challenge"

For obvious reasons I will not be making that one!

Sorry to hear about the wee potbellies, I thought they might have been fun. But then maybe you should bring something more competitive - 'cause there will be a lot of the TBBF coming out for sure, and you know how nasty they are! Twisted Evil

Spazz

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic