NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 07, 2024 - 06:20 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Broken Neck! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TalonsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 19, 2006 - 06:39 PM

Ben, how many spots are available for the tourney???

Reply with quote Back to top
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 19, 2006 - 08:59 PM

Canada
How many teams do you want to enter? Wink

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 19, 2006 - 09:19 PM

Undisclosed
      Spazzfist wrote:

P.S. If Lagerbottom disagrees with the use of secret weapons, then that means I support it all the more! Wink

Sorry Spazz...I already gave it my stamp of approval. (For whatever thats worth! Smile )

NAF Member #5236
---

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 20, 2006 - 03:51 AM

Spazzfist wrote:
I don;t understand your argument here. Access to strength skills does not mean a higher strength, so there is not the 100K argument. All the stats for amazon blitzers and linewomen are exactly the same. They both have dodge, the only starting difference is that blitzers are 40K more expensive and start with block. But for only 30K more you can upgrade a linewoman to the equivalent of a starting blitzer. True you have used one of your two skills for a player upgrade and true, you will not have access to strength skills (should you choose to buy some), but does that make it even?

I was talking about two different things. Firstly the Amazon linechick with block would yes cost 10k less but you would loose access to Strength skills. That on top of eating up a skill choice doesn't make her any cheaper than a standard blitzer.

Secondly I was referring to Rob's idea of the multiple st4 blitzers. He was saying it makes up for the fact Amazons have no BG. I was saying not really because at 100K it's prohibitively expensive and would leave the rest of the team lagging behind.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 20, 2006 - 05:50 AM

Canada
      KarlLagerbottom wrote:
Sorry Spazz...I already gave it my stamp of approval. (For whatever thats worth! Smile )

Don't mean your stamp of dis-approval? Smile

Care to explain why you are putting your hurt on the gobbos? Is this because the fling's don't have secret weapons like exploding creampuffs?

PaulOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 20, 2006 - 07:57 AM

Canada
Well, I've been without my laptop for a while, but I'm back now, time for my opinions on the discussions at hand.

Regarding Amazons and the Block/Dodge Linewomen being cheeper than the Blizters. So what, they're Amazons. I think Brians record with them last year speaks for its self. They can't move any faster, they certainly can't take a hit once they do go down, let him field 11 Blodge linewoman, build your team with a couple tackles and take advantage of those chicks in the skimpy armor.

Secret Weapons - allow them on goblin teams. What will they take? A chainsaw? maybe, but its a goblin with it, just blitz him once he gets it started and the gobo should be done for the day. A pogo stick? In my 10+ years of blood bowl, I've never seen one used seriously in a game. I used once cause GW threw one in with an order I made with them a few years back, but I havn't even finished painting the guy let alone seen it used in a game. Bombs? Hell, I say every team should be required to take a player with bombs, they're fun, who cares. Ball and Chain? yea, this guy can be pretty scary, but with no tackle zone (hes got no tackle zone right?) he should be easy enough to avoid for all but mummys and dwarfs, and most of the time he winds up dieing at the end of his turn himself.

Other races should not have access to secret weapons in my opinion, they're good enough as it is. Although if you were to let the Dwarfs have a deathroller Smile (I mean come on, these guys get no big guy, if you're going to compensate the Amazons for no big guy (or gal) then you gotta let the dwarfs have a death roller, and at half price Smile )

Chaos Mutations, I'm going off of what I remember from last year, as I can't seem to access the website for this year (school is blocking it due to "sex" what the hell did you put on the site Ben??) I'm not a huge fan of this, mostly, cause I don't like you loosers who play Chaos Very Happy In past tournaments it worked because you could limit stuff like Claw to 1 per team and you usually couldn't stack your skills (so a guy with Big Hand wasn't getting Sure Hands as well, the guy with Claw wouldn't get block etc) If you were to allow them, I'd say that non-Big Guys to prevent a very scary looking Minotaur (someone already mentioned Claw/Break Tackle.) I also think that there are better skills to get than to load up on the mutations for your team. Most of the mutations are usless (Extra Arms, Two Heads) unless you get them as your 3rd or 4th skill on a player, and that can't happen in this tournament. I'm not really opposed to this, mostly because the guys who play Chaos are usually down near the bottom of tournaments while I'm up top (thats 2 shots at Spazz in 1 paragraph, ZING) maybe we can reach some kinda happy middle ground and charge Chaos (and Skaven) teams +10 k for a mutation. Honestly, if you're going to let the Chaos get mutations as regular skills, you gotta let the Skaven do it too.

Anyways, this is some good talk, I can't wait for the tournament, see you chumps there.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 20, 2006 - 08:32 AM

Canada
      Paul wrote:
A pogo stick? In my 10+ years of blood bowl, I've never seen one used seriously in a game.

Then you should have stuck around for the Stunty Cup at last year's Q'ermitt! In the Deathbowl round a goblin on a pogo stick had to leap once and go for it all four times to make the winning touchdown! Very Happy

Mind you, that is the only time I have seen that thing work well too.....

Spazz

BenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 20, 2006 - 08:57 AM

Canada
      Paul wrote:
Other races should not have access to secret weapons in my opinion, they're good enough as it is. Although if you were to let the Dwarfs have a deathroller Smile (I mean come on, these guys get no big guy, if you're going to compensate the Amazons for no big guy (or gal) then you gotta let the dwarfs have a death roller, and at half price Smile )

Why not? if all races are able to take them then it makes it a fair playing ground.

What races cannot have secret wepaons? is it only elves?

With regards to the Amazons, i'm leaning on leaving it as is as the amazons do need the extra help. Girls shouldn't be playing Bloodbowl!

Ben

Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 20, 2006 - 10:16 AM

United States of America
I could make a really mean khemri team with these rules..........

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 20, 2006 - 10:34 AM

Canada
      Ben wrote:

Why not? if all races are able to take them then it makes it a fair playing ground.

What races cannot have secret wepaons? is it only elves?

How official are the rules for the non-goblin secret weapons? I know that in the LRB the Dark elves have the poisoned dagger and the dwarves have the deathroller, but how official are the rules for buying secret weapons for other teams?

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 20, 2006 - 10:50 AM

Undisclosed
      Paul wrote:
Honestly, if you're going to let the Chaos get mutations as regular skills, you gotta let the Skaven do it too.

I don't see this...if you let the Skaven have mutations cheap...they'll run away with the tourney. (Literally Smile )

Seriously though...for us this was done only as a concession for Chaos who is an extremely weak Tourney team without the help. Skaven are competitive just as they are.

Ben wrote:
With regards to the Amazons, i'm leaning on leaving it as is as the amazons do need the extra help. Girls shouldn't be playing Bloodbowl!
Ben

Ben...I don't think you should change it necessarily, but a team of 11 Blodgers is abusive. (Sorry Brian...that's just my opinion.) No team needs so much extra help that it should be difficult to knock over anyone on the team as a handicap.

Well maybe Halflings. Smile

NAF Member #5236
---

VBZOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 20, 2006 - 10:54 AM

I have a quick question: if I were inclined to, say, play a race other than humans ,but have no time to paint up a team in the next month, is there somebody out there ( who is attending the tourney) who could lend me the following:

-A painted High Elf team consisting of 9 linemen and 2 Dragonwarriors.

-A painted Norse team including an ogre.

- Something to help me get rid of my shite a$$ luck. Wink

I, of course, will be very protective of any team under my care -- hell if I like the paint I might even offer to buy.

Just checking so let me know,

Billy.

VBZOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 20, 2006 - 11:24 AM

Ben wrote:

Gken1 & Karllagerbottom - as bait, your teams will be painted and ready at the tourney for you to take home. Wink

Ben

Do you paint for hire Ben?

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 20, 2006 - 12:21 PM

Canada
      KarlLagerbottom wrote:
      Paul wrote:
Honestly, if you're going to let the Chaos get mutations as regular skills, you gotta let the Skaven do it too.

I don't see this...if you let the Skaven have mutations cheap...they'll run away with the tourney. (Literally Smile )

Seriously though...for us this was done only as a concession for Chaos who is an extremely weak Tourney team without the help. Skaven are competitive just as they are.

Wow KL, we actually agree on something here! This could be the dawning of a new era where you and I learn to confer with one another, agreeing and being ont he same level with the more trying questions of Blood Bowl debate that have been plaguing us since the inception of the LRB. A new day dawns my friend.....

KarlLagerbottom wrote:
Seriously though...for us this was done only as a concession for Chaos who is an extremely weak Tourney team without the help. Skaven are competitive just as they are.No team needs so much extra help that it should be difficult to knock over anyone on the team as a handicap.

Well maybe Halflings. Smile

You had to ruin it didn't you.... Mad Razz

Boo 'flings! Twisted Evil

Last edited by Spazzfist on Jan 20, 2006 - 12:42 PM; edited 2 times in total

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 20, 2006 - 12:39 PM

Canada
      VBZ wrote:
I have a quick question: if I were inclined to, say, play a race other than humans ,but have no time to paint up a team in the next month, is there somebody out there ( who is attending the tourney) who could lend me the following:

-A painted High Elf team consisting of 9 linemen and 2 Dragonwarriors.

-A painted Norse team including an ogre.

- Something to help me get rid of my shite a$$ luck. Wink

I, of course, will be very protective of any team under my care -- hell if I like the paint I might even offer to buy.

Just checking so let me know,

Billy.

I might have the ogres done by then, they are good tourney team aren't they? Razz El Asso Wipo will break all other teams over his knee..... like so! Other than that I think I have some woodies kicking around somewhere! Very Happy

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic